“A+ for studioplus”

Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Middleburg Heights
Biloxi ms
“A+ for studioplus”
Reviewed 5 June 2009

This is an excellent hotel to stay at in this area. It is located convienient to the interstate, but is in a quiet area. Within walking distance of several great restaurants, shopping (K-mart) and gas stations. The room was very clean, roomy and had a fresh smell to it. The kitchen contained a microwave and fridge with a dishwasher to clean the provided pots and pans, plates and utensils. The bathroom was roomy, and very clean with plenty of counter space. The hotel is very secure with every entryway, including the lobby front door, requiring a room key to access.The staff was excellent, very friendly, helpful and check in and check out was a quick, easy no-hassle breeze. The price is right also. The room rate was well below any other hotels in the same area. You definitely will get your moneys worth at this place. I recommend this hotel to anybody staying in the Cleveland area wether it is for business or pleasure.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank amrmedic
Manager-BKL, Hotel Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Middleburg Heights, responded to this review, 18 August 2009
"Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Studio Plus Cleveland - Middleburg Heights. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Ohio
Reviewed 6 January 2009

Absolutly horrible hotel. Several problems. The entire hotel smells of stale greese mixed with cheap air freshener. The "fresh" towels stink. The sheets stink and are see-through. I had problems checking in due to hotel errror. Housekeeping forgot to clean my room twice ( I complained to the manager the first time). The thermostat on the wall did not work and the cover fell off when I tried to turn it on. The bathroom floor and toilet appeared to have vomit splatter on it. The hotel is very cheap and trashy. The wireless internet was very slow and unreliable. I stayed at this hotel for work reasons for 80 days and close to $4000 total. You would think the hotel would make sure nothing went wrong with my rooom or my satisfaction. The bed spread and blanket were not fresh when I checked in. It smelled like greese. My trash was not taken out twice. When I complained to the front desk they said there was no one available to take it out until morning and I could take it out to the dumpster myself if I wanted. Though the price of the hotel was cheap it was certaibnly not worth it. Very cheap service. Embarrasing to stay at such a dump. Horribly run hotel.

• Liked — absolutly nothing
  • Disliked — absolutly everything
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank Traveler9Ohio
Manager-BKL, Hotel Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Middleburg Heights, responded to this review, 27 April 2009
I recently received a copy of your review of the Studio Plus Cleveland - Middleburg Heights. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 December 2008

We had had some bad experiences with hotels in Cleveland area because we have a dog. We went back out to Cleveland to spend a few days with family and booked room with StudioPlus. The room was very clean and spacious and had a kitchenette which was great!! Hotel staff was very courteous and friendly and provided us with anything we requested. I would highly recommend this hotel if you plan to stay for a few days or more

• Liked — large room with kitchenette
  • Disliked — no restaurant in hotel
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank JimmytheC
Manager-BKL, Hotel Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Middleburg Heights, responded to this review, 4 May 2009
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Studio Plus Cleveland - Middleburg Heights. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.
california
Reviewed 24 December 2007

Stayed a week. This was a nice, clean, no frills place. Large kitchen although sparse on kitchenware. Staff was helpful--resolved key malfunction. They could be a bit more speedy on the snow removal--there was a storm while we were there and I noticed other properties in the area were plowed several hours earlier. Nice to have more room for the same price as a regular motel room.

Stayed December 2007
1 Thank CaliforniaJeanne
Rittman, OH
Reviewed 20 February 2007

The outward appearance of the hotel is attractive. The staff was friendly and helpful with a general knowledge of the local restaurants, stores and activities. The room setup was nice, offering one or two queen beds as well as a sleeper sofa in each room. The full kitchen was a pleasant surprise, containing a stove, refridgerator, dishwasher, coffee pot, microwave and even dishes (pots/pans, utensils, dinnerware). The room we had was a smoking room, but you couldn't even tell-no smell. The room had a few markings on the walls as if they had been hit with something during moving, but they were minimal. The halls were very quiet and you could not hear the other guests in their rooms. The parking situation allowed for easy access to the elevator no matter which entrance you used. It would have been nice if they had shampoo or other toiletries in the bathroom, but because this is an extended stay facility they must assume that you would prefer your own brands. Overall, this was a VERY nice place for the price we paid and I would have no qualms in staying there again.

• Liked — The price was unbeatable. The full kitchen was nice.
  • Disliked — No toiletries, other than soap, in the bathroom.
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled with friends
2 Thank Stubbs420
dux86
Reviewed 9 July 2005

Stayed at this hotel and was very impressed. Large rooms, full kitchen including full sized refrigerator, stove, oven, and utensils. Home-like atmosphere, excellent staff and management, helpful, friendly, convenient. This hotel is great for a short or long term stay - best value in town! Sheila was especially helpful from the front desk.
This hotel is closeby to the Downtown, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Airport, and Cleveland Clinic.

• Stayed May 2005, travelled on business
1 Thank dux86
Nashville, TN
Reviewed 29 July 2004

This Studio Plus looks fairly new in July 2004. When I asked, they matched a lower rate from another property nearby. The rooms are good sized and clean. There are plenty of towels and if you are not a weekly client, you do receive daily maid service. Very nice for visit of several days or more. Very quiet during my visit. Very close to Baldwin-Wallace College.

7 Thank NashGuyNashville