“a "highway" hotel that is quiet ! yes !” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairfield Inn Middletown Monroe

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Fairfield Inn Middletown Monroe
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Middletown
ORD
“a "highway" hotel that is quiet ! yes !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2013

low priced stay, at a hotel that I call a "highway" hotel, that is a hotel right off of an interstate.
While the Fairfield Inn Middletown is a highway hotel, it is set back a mile from the interstate so as a result it is quiet, I did not hear any highway noise.

If one is using this hotel & has a somewhat early morning appointment in downtown Cincinnati, leave a bit earlier than you expect to as traffic is bad in the morning going in.

Hotel was a bit worn around the edges but was more than clean enough for me.

Room Tip: get a room facing the 'back' of the hotel as they are quiet
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank SweetWillie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
North Royalton, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2013

My recent visit to the Fairfield was okay and a little on the disappointing side. I've stayed in other Fairfields with great experiences, but my main reason for disappointment here in Middletown was over the idea that this Fairfield was recently remodeled. Although the front desk staff was friendly, there wasn't much they could do about a bad smelling air unit that produced cigarette smelling air while the heat was on, but fresher air with the a/c. Another detriment was the spider sitting on one of the beds. While it was small, it made me wonder if more might crawl on my bed while I was sleeping. However, the beds were comfortable and clean with lots of pillows and the area around our room was quiet.

When we first arrived, around 4PM, we noticed a cleaning woman bent over the toilet. I should have known something was up at that point. After dinner at a nearby restaurant, we noticed that our toilet leaked and it continued to "run" most of the night and by morning it simply would no longer flush. The tank was empty and no matter how much I jiggled and pushed the plunger into place, it still leaked. I felt bad leaving things they way the were and reported the leaking toilet to the front desk upon our departure.

The breakfast area was small with little table space and even smaller counter space for food preparation. However, there was a nice selection of fresh fruits, cereals, yougurt, bagels, breads, waffles, gravy and biscuits available. Upon checking out, I waited at the front desk for someone to give my room key to and report the toilet issue, but no one arrived. Finally, a young woman working near the food area noticed me and came over to assist in my check out.

The hotel was nicely located near shopping and restaurant and easy to find. I would recommend this hotel, but be sure to check heat/ac unit and toilet functionality.

Room Tip: Check the heat and A/C unit settings for odors. Check toilet for leaking tanks.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Coeno02
MiddletownHI_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Middletown Monroe, responded to this review, 17 April 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for the kind words about our staff; everybody works very hard to make sure that our guests feel welcomed and appreciated. I want to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. Be assured that the issues you have raised have been addressed and resolved. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated. We take pride in our hotel, and do our best to prevent problems from recurring. There's no excuse for anything less than complete guest satisfaction. That's our goal. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.
Best regards,
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on our way home from Springbreak. The price was good. We just stayed one night and found that the bedding was comfortable and the room was clean and appeared to be renovated recently or they keep very good care of it.

Stayed April 2013
Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2013

Have stayed here several times when in town. Nice clean quiet hotel. Rooms are comfortable. Staff is always friendly. Several restaurants and chain stores nearby which is convenient. Easy access off of the highway.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Buckeyetraveler01
Trenton, OH
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2013

In moving the USTA Regionals from Ft Wayne, IN to Trenton, OH for the 2013 season and possibly years to follow, I was asked by the USTA group that plans "Regionals" to please get a group rate from Fairfield Inn since it was a choice hotel for our group and because of their wonderful hospitality and great accomodations to our group in the past. However, when I inquired on getting us a group rate or special rate, I was told that since we are a large group, that they will not be giving us any special rate and that they will fill up their hotel without us. I was sure I misunderstood but I was told the same again! I was floored by the comment and the lack of respect for our group and the business that we would be bringing to their hotel and possibly years to follow. I was concerned enough by the comment that I wanted anyone from our group to know the resons why we were not posting the link to our closest Fairfield Inn and that we tried to get a group rate for our event.

Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Rebecca K
MiddletownHI_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Middletown Monroe, responded to this review, 8 March 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for bringing these issues to our attention. My sincere apologies for the difficulty you experienced. I have addressed these issues with staff and implemented steps to ensure situations like these don’t happen again.
We offer a group rate if the rooms are available, due to the property size rooms are limited. Guest satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us. Please call or email me directly as I would like to personally assist you with your inquiry.

513-424-5444, email middletownff@tmihospitality.com

Travellers are raving about these Middletown hotels

Toledo, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2012

This is only a review regarding initial service. We did not even get a chance to make it to the hotel because service was THAT BAD!. When reserving from a block of rooms, the reservations rep was rude and quite ridiculous with her attitude and would not work with us. To top things off, their manager called back to just reiterate how they were not going to work with our group. Their manager set up one rate with our director and then turned around and would only give the maximum base rate. Poor service, poor attitude, poor hotel choice. I highly recommend other neighboring hotels over this one any day. Stay at your own risk and wallet!!!!

Room Tip: Poor service, poor attitude, poor hotel choice. I highly recommend other neighboring hotels over th...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Joshua F
MiddletownHI_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Middletown Monroe, responded to this review, 30 December 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns regarding your recent experience with our hotel. Please accept my apology for any inconvenience you may have experienced.
Dealing with a discrepancy can be a rather frustrating experience, I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to bring your concerns to my attention. I reviewed this matter thoroughly one more time and we do not have any record or any contracts for a block of rooms for your group at that specific rate. Every time we have a group coming in we are providing a group contract with all the details for the person blocking the block of rooms and also for the property. As I mentioned over the phone, we do not have a record of that, however we would’ve been more than happy to provide the rooms for your group at a different rate.

In order to avoid similar problems and confusion in the future, it's essential to obtain a group contract and call at least 30 days prior to arrival to confirm all your reservations.

We look forward to serving you in the near future.
Thank you !
LONDON
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2012

We stayed at this hotel a few nights ago. As we arrived late, we did not have an opportunity to use the pool and hot tub, which looked very nice. The girl at the front desk was pleasant and accommodating, and our room was clean. The beds and bedding were very comfortable, and the wifi worked well.
When we went to our room, it was very cold as the A/C was on. We immediately turned on the heat and it ran steadily till we went to bed. After we went to bed, the heat kept cutting in and out every 5 to 6 minutes, and when it came on at the second level it sounded like a train going through our room. We felt there was no use in calling the front desk, as no one from maintenance would be there at midnight. I guess we could have called down to ask to change rooms, but because we heard the same noise in the room next to us (or below us) we figured they were all the same. We had driven for 16 hours to get there that day, and just wanted a good night's sleep. Needless to say, we hardly slept at all. It is too bad that this was an issue as everything else at the hotel was fine.
The lady looking after breakfast was very efficient and pleasant, and the breakfast was fine.
We were in Room 320, so if you stay there, it might be best to avoid this room. We reported it to the front desk in the morning, so hopefully the problem will be fixed soon.
We would consider staying here again, but would make sure the heat/AC is not so noisy and doesn't keep turning on and off every few minutes.

Room Tip: Check to make sure the heat/AC unit is not noisy and cutting in and out every few minutes.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank tbear7
MiddletownHI_GM, Manager at Fairfield Inn Middletown Monroe, responded to this review, 28 November 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We accommodate many guests each evening, and the principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to everyone at a reasonable price. Please accept my sincere apology in regards to air conditioner in your room. I want to assure you that the unit was serviced and is now working great. I regret that you did not contact the front desk agent to request a different room; as the other units are working just fine. Once again, please accept my apology for any inconvenience. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.
We look forward to serving you again in the near future.
Best Regards,
Veronica
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middletown
Drury Inn & Suites Middletown Franklin
#4 of 9 in Franklin
Comfort Inn Monroe
Comfort Inn Monroe
#2 of 4 in Monroe

Been to Fairfield Inn Middletown Monroe? Share your experiences!