“A favorite when we are in the area”
Review of El Rancho Grande

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
El Rancho Grande
Ranked #19 of 91 Restaurants in Middletown
Skokie, Illinois
“A favorite when we are in the area”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

We found this chain last year and were so excited there was one across from our hotel this trip. Service is great, food is good, and prices are great. We ordered a bunch of sides and had a make your own nacho event. My husband had a chicken burrito. Margaritas are delightful.

• Visited March 2014

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Nothing special”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

The server was really nice but that is about all the good things I can say. Nothing was really "bad", just nothing worth a return. The salsa was bland and straight from a can. The chips were thick and flavorless. My entree was not hot. I had a chile rellano, burrito, and tamale. All 3 were covered in the same sauce (in my experience, a tamale usually has a different sauce). If the sauce was flavorful, it would have been fine but the sauce was very bland. The chicken in my burrito was good and the tamale in general, was decent. As I said, nothing was really bad but nothing was really good either.

• Visited March 2014
Romeo, Michigan
“Walk from Holiday Inn Express for A+ food & service”
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Stopped for the night and saw the El Rancho Grande a short distance away. Great food and super service from Emiliano. We both had the taco salad. I had chicken and my husband had beef. I have had bigger salads but never better or one with more chicken.

Middletown, Ohio
“Great Service, Great Food”
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Most of the servers are Mexican, which makes me wonder if they will be able to speak English well enough to be able to order, ask questions, etc. However, our server Fleipe could speak and understand very well. He was there when we needed him, but didn't hover. The food came out very quickly and tasted terrific. We also always enjoy the manager, Leo, who is very personable. My wife and I both very much enjoy having dinner at El Rancho!

• Visited December 2013
Grosse Pointe Farms, Michigan
“Great Choice”
Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

We found this on Tripadvisor.

Excellent service - every person treated us warmly - extra chips and salsa - smiles.

The food was good, some of the best fajitas we've ever had.

• Visited November 2013