“Best accommodations in the area”

Drury Inn & Suites Middletown Franklin
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Middletown
Reviewed 22 December 2013

It has been many, many years since I grew up in Middletown. When I visit, I always stay here. Best rooms in the area. The usual Drury amenities in the morning and evening add to the comfort. Very helpful, friendly staff. I hope the Drury in Middletown stays forever.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 December 2013

Here twice in the last few weeks

First of 2 stays went off without a hitch Jenn and Stephen checked me in with only a minimum of abuse, kidding I was giving them a hard time and they were giving it back. The first night was a freebie due to Drury Gold Key points. Hey for once I got way more than I paid for.

A few weeks later we stayed there again and again the same abuse as check in before ads the both remembered me and my antics, (they really make you feel at home). Checked in did the kickback and even serving staff remembered us and chit chatted with us. We did run into a snag with the room though as it was unbelievably hot and changing settings on thermostat did not help I went down to front desk and she was going to have maintenance come change the thermostat but due to time of night I changed it myself. Still had a bit of a problem and the room was almost to hot to sleep in. I splurged and opted for a suite that night should have stuck with a regular room, it would not have been as hot. Could have likely changed rooms but did not push the issue or make a stink as we were tired and weary from travelling but hey they are still our favourite place to stay while on the road..

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

Wow did the staff go above and beyond to make our experience amazing see I had a ear surgery at children's hospital and the staff said they would make breakfast early for my mom and dad I love this hotel

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Harrison G
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I didn't know what to expect, but I was pleasantly surprised. the front desk staff learned my name quickly and was very attentive to my needs. The one bedroom suite was clean and comfortable. I would return.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Donb21
Reviewed 4 October 2013

This hotel is competitively priced but is much grander then the competitors in the area. Nice large entrance, pool, hot tub, large rooms, friendly staff, many choices with the hot breakfast. Rooms and common areas are clean, larger, and very well maintained.

Room for improvement. The exercise equipment is rather aged. I used the elliptical. The bathroom could use some sort of night light, rather dark finding it in the night. The TV has few cable High Def channels and the viewing is a bit blurry at times with the high Def Large TV

WIFI consistently fast. Plenty of free parking, restaurants and shopping close

All in all, I would stay here next time I am in the area..

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 September 2013

After reviewing several properties in this area I chose this location for a quick over night stay. I arrived at the property around 9 pm and must have been one of the last guests to arrive because the parking lot was packed! When I pulled into the parking lot I noticed lots of men standing in the back lot which unnerved me a little because I was traveling alone. I'm not sure if the gentlemen were staying at the hotel, but I had to circle the parking a couple times to find a spot where I felt safe getting out of the car. The gentleman who checked me in was very friendly (unfortunately I didn't get his name.) I had a bad case of laryngitis and could hardly speak when I got to the desk. I finally made it to my room and put my belongings away then went downstairs for a soda and popcorn. The gentlemen who checked me in came and found me and addressed me by name and handed me a handful of cough drops!!! He also offered to get me some honey to mix in with some tea to help soothe my throat. I was taken aback at his kindness! I can't comment on the evening meal because I was not there, but the popcorn and sodas were nice.

My room had 2 queen-size beds and the room was very large. The bathroom was spacious too, but I wish the bathroom had a separate sink/mirror area so the mirror would be usable after the shower. There was no vent fan in the bathroom so it took a while for the mirror to clear after my shower. Water pressure was very good! The property provides body wash, shampoo, and conditioner in dispensers mounted in the shower. This is Drury's attempt to "go green" by cutting down on the amount of small plastics bottles that are used and then thrown away. I can't tell you what brand names any of the products were because the dispensers were just labeled with a generic label. The room was very quiet and I never heard any noise out doors or in the halls. The bed was somewhat soft for my liking but each bed had 4 very comfortable pillows so I slept well. Everything in the room was spotless.

I didn't make it to breakfast until 9am the next morning and according to the sign, the breakfast lasts until 9:30am. There was sausage patties, biscuits, gravy, scrambled eggs, a big pot of oatmeal, waffles, bagels, toast, cold cereal and milk, and fruit. By the time I had an opportunity to make a small plate of food, I went back for a bowl of cold cereal, but it had already been put away. The fruit was also gone. It was 9:20am. I was somewhat disappointed because I thought the breakfast was advertised until 9:30am. I'm not sure why the cereal and fruit needed to be put away, but if you want to get the full selection of breakfast items, don't wait until 9am to go eat.

I would stay at this location again if I'm in the Middletown area and I would recommend it to other travelers. There is also an O'Charley's restaurant and Bob Evans' restaurant in adjacent parking lots to this property.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank angi1968
Reviewed 31 August 2013

At a suggestion of a co-worker who lives in Middletown, I suggested my in-laws book a room here. They loved it and plan on staying here again in October. We joined them in the evening for conversation & snacks. They reported their room was very clean, affordable & free breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jane B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middletown
Hampton Inn Middletown
#2 of 9 in Franklin
Days Inn Middletown
Days Inn Middletown
#6 of 9 in Franklin

Been to Drury Inn & Suites Middletown Franklin? Share your experiences!