“Great hotel close to everything”

Drury Inn & Suites Middletown Franklin
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Middletown
Sherwood, Arkansas, United States
“Great hotel close to everything”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We needed a place to stay while visiting family in the area. The staff was courteous and very helpful. The room (a single king/non-smoking) was spotlessly clean and nicely appointed. The breakfast provided was exceptional with many choices. Conveniently located close to shopping and restaurants. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We were on a non-smoking wing of the hotel. There were many guests while we were there due to a hot...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Decatur, Indiana
Reviewed 17 July 2014

The staff was excellent. I left my drink ticket upstairs and one of the employees went and gave us a different one so we would not have to take our small and hungry children upstairs to retrieve it. We stayed two days, and were thrilled with the visit. Its not very far from the outlets and from Cincinnati. Staying here was worth the short commute. The only gripe I have with this specific hotel deals with a design flaw by the architect. It had no bathroom in the pool area.....that's the only problem that I saw. Clean and quiet rooms, attentive and friendly staff, kid friendly foods and parent friendly drinks. We will be staying here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
NW Ohio
Reviewed 7 June 2014

My sister, and friends stayed at the Drury Inn while on a short bus trip in the Cincinnati area. Although my husband and I travel frequently by car, we had never stayed at a Drury Inn. I was very pleasantly surprised by this Drury Inn. Both the accommodations and the staff were top-notch! We checked in to find an evening reception, that included both hot and cold appetizers, and soft drinks and wine & beer. Our room was very pleasant and included a mini-fridge and microwave. The beds were very comfortable and the TV had extended cable channels. Although we observed several young people in the lounge area and parking lot drinking and talking loudly, we did not hear any disruptions in the hallways outside our rooms. Breakfast in the morning was an extensive buffet, with eggs, sausage, cereal, bread, bagels, juice, soft drinks. The staff was very solicitious, always clearing tables and asking if everything was alright, from the check-in staff to the housekeepers, to the maintenance staff. The pool and hot tub looked very inviting, but we never got a chance to use it. I will definitely stay at this Drury Inn again if we are in the area.

2 Thank scottr
Westlake, Ohio
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This hotel far exceeded expectations. Really nice, clean room and bathroom. I was hoping to stay closer to the university, but everything is booked waaaay ahead of time. This was not a horrible drive(about 30 Min.) and for the price it was well worth it. I expected a decent hotel and got much more. Staff was excellent, and really seemed to care that you were satisfied. Even the breakfast attendants were kind and friendly. We arrived late on May 16th and I'm sorry to say I do not remember the front desk attendant's name. He was awesome. Very pleasant and accommodating.
I hadn't heard much about Drury , but I will definitely look for this hotel elsewhere in the future.
Nice touches like free breakfast and evening snacks with free soda and popcorn!

Girard, Ohio
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We just returned from a two night stay at this Drury property. It was a very nice and clean hotel. The staff was very welcoming, friendly and hospitable. Our room had two queen beds that were very soft and comfortable. The bathroom was very clean and spacious enough to move around in comfortably. This breakfast buffet was the standard scrambled eggs, potatoes, biscuits and gravy, muffins, bagels juices, coffees , waffles etc. The staff refilled everything promptly and was very helpful in making sure we could find what we needed. We did not try the evening kickback either night. But, it was available from 5pm-7pm. There was an indoor/outdoor pool and hot tub. It was not a large area but sufficient for our needs. The hotel is convenient to several restaurants, Charley's, Olive Garden, Bob Evans and a movie theatre was right down the road . It was a short drive to the Cincinnati Premium Outlets too. Overall, another fabulous stay at a Drury Inn property.

Liberty, Kentucky
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My family and I loved this place. Spacious clean rooms. Indoor/Outdoor pool that the kids loved. And there's even free meals included! There's a big hot breakfast and hot dinner. For the adults, there are even free cocktails. Free popcorn and soda for the kids as well. The price is a little more expensive than we usually opt for, but when you take into consideration the free meals, it really evens out. The location is also right in the middle of a host of shopping locations and restaurants (if you choose to go out to eat). I highly recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Slough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Stayed for three days in early May 2014. I was looking forward to all the extra amenities offered. The staff was extremely conscientious to observe all corporate rules no matter what the request. Example: I had traveled for many hours arriving 10 minutes after the complimentary evening food and beverage presentation. I was exhausted, tired, and hungry. I asked if there was anyway I might be afforded libation. The answer? "No" Even though there were many men in the hospitality area in their dirty work clothes with a cooler of beer on the floor and lots of empty beer cans and a few female workers talking to the men, I was told that it was against corporate rules to accommodate my request. Two nights later, I arrived at 11 pm after working 16 hours and was in physical pain by the time I arrived back to the hotel. I hobbled in and requested to be able to use the hot tub for 15 minutes to relieve some symptoms even though it was after hours. Again, the answer was "No". This IS the corporate regulations for the hotel and the staff was following orders. I guess I wanted the hotel staff to go above and beyond for me. I wanted them to take care of me. I wanted to feel like they cared about me and not the rules. I wanted them to make me feel like they "got it". They didn't. They did everything correctly and I will most probably never stay here again. They didn't do anything wrong. They just didn't really do anything on my behalf. I thought the higher price might afford higher service, but I was wrong. The staff seemed much more interested in the massive amount of laborers staying there than me. They bent the rules for the coolers of beer, but wouldn't let me have a glass of wine. The rooms were pretty basic. Clean. Not worth the extra expense.

Room Tip: Stay in the hotel across the street
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank fraupatterson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middletown
Hampton Inn Middletown
#3 of 9 in Franklin
Comfort Inn Monroe
Comfort Inn Monroe
#2 of 4 in Monroe

Been to Drury Inn & Suites Middletown Franklin? Share your experiences!