“Stay here..get robbed by staff”

Drury Inn & Suites Middletown Franklin
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Middletown
Evansville, Indiana
“Stay here..get robbed by staff”
Reviewed 22 June 2010

I stupidly left my wallet in the room (honestly just forgot it), but regardless I left it.
When I found wallet missing I went back, checked the room, didn't find it and asked the manager to ask the maid if she found it. She said no. I checked 3 times every place I was, and even the manager helped me check the room. My wife went dumpster diving that pm and found it in a bag, and the head housekeepr said that was "Abby's trash".
The management did not call the police, so after 24 hours and finding that the cleaning lady was still working my wife called the police, and the mgmt refused to divulge any info to the police including the fact that only two people accessed the room...me and an employee.
Now the mgmt is asking to talk to me and they finally called the police. But the employee is still working.

Want to stay here? I will never stay at another Drury inn, and definitely this one!!!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
7 Thank jwbutler
DruryHotels, Management Representative at Drury Inn & Suites Middletown Franklin, responded to this review, 25 June 2010
We never like to hear that guests are unhappy with our team. We apologize for any perceived delay on the part of the guest and can assure you this incident has been fully investigated and the appropriate resolution reached.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 21 February 2010

Rooms are nice, but that is offset by the noise and attitude of staff and management. This was my first time ever staying at a Drury Inn. And likely my last time. There is a problem here with the doors closing loudly. I went to sleep around 10:30 but was awakened at 1am because the people in the room next to me were in and out, in and out. First I called the front desk. He said he would go and talk to them. Later I went down to the lobby and was told that their policy does not allow them to tell guests they have to be quiet during the hours of 11pm to 7am. I told them I want to hear NOTHING during those hours, but he only said I could talk to a manager in the morning if I so desired.

Having a nice comfortable room is no good if you can't sleep in it due to the inconsiderate guests next door. I asked for a quiet room, but the people in the room next to me were up all night. If it wasn't the door opening and closing loudly, it was sounds of them up and about in the room. Top it off with the attitude of the night desk clerk and unwillingness to do anything about it, and I would say don't come here if you want to get some sleep. Funny thing is, I was asked to sign a statement agreeing not to have any kind of a party. To which I replied, "Good, I don't make any noise and don't want to hear any noise." Well apparently since my neighbors weren't partying, it didn't apply to them. They can stay up all night and make all the noise they want, and go in and out, in and out, in and out all night, and hotel staff does NOT care.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled solo
3 Thank BigBear63
kimachappell, eMarketing Specialist at Drury Inn & Suites Middletown Franklin, responded to this review, 24 February 2010
We appreciate hearing from our guests and apologize for your recent experience at our hotel. A peaceful, restful stay with exceptional service is what we strive to provide for our guests and we are truly sorry to hear about the noise and the time it took to respond to your request. We do sincerely care about our guests and your feedback will serve to help us improve our delivery of that promise and to provide all with a comfortable stay. Your comments were shared with hotel management and will be used as a tool to help us prevent any future occurrences of this nature from reoccurring. Thank you again for submitting your review and we do hope you will consider Drury Hotels when traveling again in the future.
Moiddletown
Reviewed 8 December 2009

You just simply cannot beat the Drury Inn in Middletow!!!!. The Staff is VERY FRIENDLY, The Hotel is very very cleen, you have flat screen TVs in each room 37" LCD, with fridge., and Micro., coffee maker, You have a FREE snackes and drinks at a mangers reception every evening, a free HOT breakfast, and now the have at the Managers Receotion,"HOT" FREE FOOD & SNACKS. The Hotel for the money just can not be beat hands down. In these times of a slow economey, when you look across the street and see a Holiday inn, or a Ramada Inn, you can be assured you have a better Hotel for a MUCH better price.

• Stayed May 2007, travelled on business
2 Thank SWohioMan
Washington, DC
Reviewed 1 December 2009

We should have turned around as soon as we entered because the entire lobby reeked of cigarette smoke. The air was so thick with the stink that it could be cut with a knife. What was worse was that even though we had a non-smoking room, the linens were still full of the acrid odor. It was so bad that my boyfriend's mother developed a migraine. We stayed only one night and canceled the two future nights we had reserved. To give them credit they allowed us to cancel without charging us, and they even refunded my boyfriend's parents' room due to his mother's migraine, but they would not refund our room even though we were nauseated the whole time.

Also the location was not walkable. There's a supermarket across the street, but there are no sidewalks or pedestrian signals to get there. The whole area is an asphalt pond.

We ended up staying across the street at the Marriott Fairfield Inn, which is only marginally better. Luckily we've discovered Hardy's Bed and Breakfast in Lebanon, OH for all our future trips to the area.

• Stayed March 2008, travelled with family
7 Thank Je_est_un_autre
KimChappell, eMarketing Specialist at Drury Inn & Suites Middletown Franklin, responded to this review, 16 December 2009
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. We appreciate hearing feedback from our guests and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused during your visit. While we make every effort to ensure that all guests have a wonderful experience, there are times unfortunately, where we may fail to deliver the high standard of quality and service our guests have grown to expect and deserve. A clean and comfortable stay is what we strive to provide for all guests and are very sorry to hear about the cigarette smoke smell you encountered during your stay. The feedback from your experience at our hotel serves to help us improve the level of service and quality we strive to deliver. Your comments have been shared with hotel management and will be used as a tool to help us prevent any future occurrences of this nature from happening. Thanks again for submitting your review.
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed 26 October 2009

This was one of the worst stays I have ever had. The Manager is AWFUL!!! She is
so nasty, rude, obnoxious, and thinks she is it! We had a coupon and told them
that when we made our reservation, but when we got their, they said because we
are full, we are not taking coupons. WHAT??? You can't do that. We drove for
hours to get there. When I make the reservation they were not full. What a bunch
of bull. The manager also stares at you with her hands on her hips or with
her arms crossed. We asked her what was her problem and she said, she was
staring at the ceiling. I did not know the ceiling was straight ahead by us. The
other workers were really nice, but if she is there, be prepared to be glared at
like you are doing something wrong like sitting on their couch or standing in
the lobby. I paid to stay here to be a GUEST, not to be treated like crap. Bad
bad manager!!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
7 Thank 25YearCelebraters
KimChappell, eMarketing Specialist at Drury Inn & Suites Middletown Franklin, responded to this review, 9 November 2009
We appreciate hearing from our guests and are truly sorry and do apologize for your experience at our hotel. We work diligently to ensure that each and every guest receives the service they need and deserve. We want to provide each of our guests with the respect and service that they are entitled to at our hotel. Sometimes delivering that service puts our staff in difficult situations. To ensure that all of our guests receive the service and standard of cleanliness in all areas of our hotel, we take actions that are intended to ensure that all guests have a wonderful experience. We have to maintain standards in all areas of our hotel from the check-in process, to activities in our public areas, to the cleanliness of our rooms, to ensure that each guest has a great experience. Thank your for sharing your experience with us. Your comments have been forwarded along to management to help us learn and to enable us to serve our guests better.
Elliott Co., KY
Reviewed 20 July 2009

We stayed here for 1 night prior to going to the Dayton Air Show. My only regret is that I didn't get to spend more time at the Inn. Due to time constraints we missed the evening managers reception which offers soft drinks and cocktails. We were also unable to utilize the pool/spa area. It looked kind of small but very nice. The pool is both indoor and outdoor with a swim under glass wall. I like that concept. The rooms were nicely appointed with refrigerators and microwaves, as well as coffee maker. Beds were comfortable. TV's were flat screen and fairly large in size. My husband's favorite part was a comfy recliner, "just like at home". My favorite part was the marble bathroom tile, made the whole place seem very luxurious. I wish we had been able to stay longer. I feel it was a great hotel at a great value for what it is. Also the breakfast was very nice, not your typical stale danish, coffee and juice that many offer. Breakfast was more like a mini buffet and saved us time and money.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Petersgirltpe
Albany, NY
Reviewed 21 April 2009

This was the cleanest hotel room I've ever had! The staff were extremely helpful and courteous. The internet was free and the connection was fast. I was very impressed!

Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middletown
Hampton Inn Middletown
Hampton Inn Suites Springboro
Days Inn Middletown
Days Inn Middletown
#7 of 9 in Franklin

Been to Drury Inn & Suites Middletown Franklin? Share your experiences!