“A great place to stay”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Milan
Belding, United States
“A great place to stay”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

The first thing I noticed here was the warm and cheerful greeting and the alert staff. This was the best I have been treated in a long time. Congratulations Hampton Inn on a job well done! I have recently changed my loyalty from another chain to Hilton Honors and I am already seeing the benefits. I travel frequently and the way I am greeted when I check into a hotel will often set the pace for my entire stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Natalie L, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sandusky South, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your loyalty to our brand and congratulations on joining the Hilton honors program. You will definitely be taken care of at any of the Hilton brand hotels. We strive at our Hampton Inn to show each of our guests a Hamptonality experience. If you are visiting the Milan\Sandusky area again we look forward accommodating you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Jackson, United States
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I didn't report any problems do to the fact there is a new Hampton Inn & Suites being built next door so it seemed to me that no one cares about putting money into fixing up a building that will not be used in the near future. The room was terrible. I ordered a single king bed and was given a double bed room. I was told by the staff that there was nothing they could do. The heating unit kept the room way to hot. The bathroom facet was broken. There was drywall falling from the ceiling. The wasn't a fridge in ANY of the rooms there. I work out of town all week and use the fridge everyday. That was a huge inconvenience. When i asked for a late checkout do to my work schedule I was given attitude by the staff like it was such a huge inconvenience to them. Such a bad experience that I will probably never stay in a Hampton Inn again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Drew S, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sandusky South, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience at my property. I’m very disappointed that your stay was not all it could have been and you left feeling unsatisfied. I often times utilize guest reviews to assess insights within our hotel operations and I have reviewed your feedback with the hotel team and we are now actively taking steps to freshen our guestrooms. Once again I apologize that your stay with us was not satisfactory. I appreciate your time in reviewing our hotel and hope that if you are in the area again you choose to stay at my property so that your unsatisfactory experience can be a good one.
kensington, United States
Reviewed 6 March 2014

THe staff was very friendly and breakfast was good. but when gathering our stuff to leave the morning after we stayed I noticed mold around the sprinkler in the bathroom and had I seen it the night before we would not have stayed here. Beds were not very comfortable. and we had a "suite" the suite was just a very large room with 3 beds in it... not very private.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

I'm very sorry that your stay with us was not 100% satisfactory. I'm glad that you found our staff to be friendly and we will immediately address the issues you stated in the review. I hope that if you are in the area again you will choose to stay with us to make up for the unfortunate experience you had with this stay.

Plainfield, United States
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Great amenities, clean rooms. I was greeted promptly and given keys to my room. Breakfast was high quality as expected. Overall I would choose this location again. The parking lot was clean and free of ice and the sidewalks were shoveled.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

I would first like to thank you for choosing to stay with us while visiting the Sandusky/ Milan area. I'm glad that you found our staff to be friendly and the breakfast was an enjoyable one. I hope that if visiting again you choose to stay with us.

Sandusky, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 18 February 2014

The guest rooms are clean and the complimentary breakfast offers something for everyone. The staff is friendly and courteous, and eager to please. It's a little tricky finding your way to the entrance.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

I'm glad that you had an enjoyable experience while staying at our hotel. It's always nice to hear positive feedback about our service and amenities. I hope you will stay with is again while visiting the Milan area.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 8 February 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

This location, which is near the exit from the Turnpike, offer comfortable rooms, a Suite Shop, and a pleasant lobby area. The staff is generally very friendly however while the rooms are in good condition and certainly adequate, they are missing some of the newer "standards" of Hampton Inns such as microwaves and refrigerators. Parking is convenient and features Diamond HHonors parking spaces however snow removal on the access road is minimal and getting to the property can be interesting.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Natalie L, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sandusky South, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us! I'm glad that you found your overall stay with us to be a satisfactory one. We strive to be hospitable to every guest and to help with any need they may have. I know our entrance is a little tricky for which I apologize. If you visit the Milan/ Sandusky area we hope to see you again!

Natalie Longer
Assistant General Manager
East Berlin, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

Either this place is that quiet, or the soft roar of the trains put me to sleep. Slept very well! Excellent pressure on shower! Decent breakfast. Well kept for an older hotel. New hotel for this chain being built next door. Friendly staff. Good place!

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milan
South Beach Resort Hotel
The Island House Hotel
The Island House Hotel
#3 of 17 in Port Clinton
Hampton Inn & Suites Sandusky / Milan

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sandusky South? Share your experiences!