Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Sandusky South, OH
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 20 April 2014

On a return trip home, decided to drive until we were ready to stop. The Hampton Inns in Sandusky worked together in finding us a room for the evening. Nice to see two facilities working together to take care of a tired customer.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 1 April 2014

I have always chosen the Hampton when in the Sandusky area on business because it is a little bit away from the congestion of Route 250 in Sandusky.
It is absolutely clean and usually quiet with excellent front desk service. Almost without exception, everyone at the front desk is helpful and goes out of their way.
The morning breakfast buffet is organized, well-stocked, and tended to by staff. Everyone is pleasant.
I hope that my experience during my the last visit which was for three nights was an unusual one. Although I do not always ask that sheets be changed every day, I think "stay-overs" should have their rooms cleaned. I have never received a discount for the second or third night. After my first night, my room was cleaned, sheets changed, the whole deal. The second morning I was leaving my room the cleaning person in the hall asked if I wanted my room cleaned. I said that I did. When I returned late that night, I found that it had been quickly and poorly straightened up. The bed was poorly made without clean sheets. The bathroom sink counter had my toiletries and the hotel sample toiletries knocked over with some on the floor. The rug hadn't been vacuumed. Now, the rooms here are exceptionally clean to begin with so the room wasn't dirty. However, one's room rate includes cleaning. Although the Hampton guarantees satisfaction, the problem with this is that most people don't want to take a problem up with the front desk at night when they want to go to bed. I certainly didn't want to at 11 o'clock. Cleaning staff should know to clean all the rooms every day.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Stayed here for business. First time at this Hampton would stay here again. Close to everything. From check in to check out everything went smoothly. Breakfast was great and the lobby and room were very clean.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Natalie L, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Sandusky South, OH, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear Jane H,
Thank you for staying with us and we appreciate your future loyalty. We look forward to seeing you in the future and appreciate your time in providing feedback on your experience.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

The room was everything I expected, clean, neat and nice. The staff made an early check in possible as we were traveling to a funeral. Very accommodating to my mother in laws needs.

Greatly appreciated the pleasant staff.

Room Tip: great lobby to meet and spend time with your family.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

I’m glad that your room and the guest service was everything you expected. We strive to make sure every guest feels our Hamptonality spirit. I’m so sorry for your loss and I hope that if traveling to the Milan\Sandusky area we will see you again.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Staff (especially front desk staff) were wonderful. Jeff made sure that my kids and I had everything we requested. He and his team members were always hospitable and very professional. Thanks for that!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Rania S,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts about your stay at my Hampton Inn. I’m glad that Jeff and the rest of the staff took care of you and your family. We hope to see you again when visiting the Milan\Sandusky area.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

The first thing I noticed here was the warm and cheerful greeting and the alert staff. This was the best I have been treated in a long time. Congratulations Hampton Inn on a job well done! I have recently changed my loyalty from another chain to Hilton Honors and I am already seeing the benefits. I travel frequently and the way I am greeted when I check into a hotel will often set the pace for my entire stay.

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your loyalty to our brand and congratulations on joining the Hilton honors program. You will definitely be taken care of at any of the Hilton brand hotels. We strive at our Hampton Inn to show each of our guests a Hamptonality experience. If you are visiting the Milan\Sandusky area again we look forward accommodating you again!

Reviewed 7 March 2014

I didn't report any problems do to the fact there is a new Hampton Inn & Suites being built next door so it seemed to me that no one cares about putting money into fixing up a building that will not be used in the near future. The room was terrible. I ordered a single king bed and was given a double bed room. I was told by the staff that there was nothing they could do. The heating unit kept the room way to hot. The bathroom facet was broken. There was drywall falling from the ceiling. The wasn't a fridge in ANY of the rooms there. I work out of town all week and use the fridge everyday. That was a huge inconvenience. When i asked for a late checkout do to my work schedule I was given attitude by the staff like it was such a huge inconvenience to them. Such a bad experience that I will probably never stay in a Hampton Inn again.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Drew S, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Sandusky South, OH, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience at my property. I’m very disappointed that your stay was not all it could have been and you left feeling unsatisfied. I often times utilize guest reviews to assess insights within our hotel operations and I have reviewed your feedback with the hotel team and we are now actively taking steps to freshen our guestrooms. Once again I apologize that your stay with us was not satisfactory. I appreciate your time in reviewing our hotel and hope that if you are in the area again you choose to stay at my property so that your unsatisfactory experience can be a good one.
Drew Schaeffer

Also consider these accommodations in or near Milan
Hampton Inn & Suites Sandusky / Milan
Super 8 Milan/Sandusky Area
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#6 of 7 in Milan

Been to Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Sandusky South, OH? Share your experiences!