“Very-neat-friendly service”

Motel 6 Sandusky-Milan
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Went to Cedar Point for the weekend and found every hotel towards to park totally booked. Was told Motel 6 further from the park had open rooms. Leanne checked up in & she was beyond friendly and helpful. The room was neat & clean. For a bug phobic person, I was very pleased with our stay!

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank kairving09
Laura B, General Manager at Motel 6 Sandusky-Milan, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Thank you for staying with us at the Sandusky/Milan Motel 6. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and to also hear how the employees are doing. I hope that when you come to the Sandusky/Milan area you chose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

We chose this motel because there were good reviews. Wood floors and refurbished bathrooms sounded good. Also, it is close to I-80.
However, no one said anything about how far the motel is from any restaurants and shopping. We drove 6-8 miles for dinner and breakfast.
The room was fairly clean but very small. There wasn't much room for luggage.Also, no hair dryers-we expect that even in less expensive motels.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank HerbLemont
Laura B, General Manager at Motel 6 Sandusky-Milan, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Dear Guest
I am glad that you liked the Sandusky/Milan Motel 6 and that you stayed here. I am sorry that we dont have a big selection of food resturants around in this area. I wanted to let you know we do offer hair dryers at the front desk for the guests use if needed. I do hope that if your ever in the area you would stay again with us.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

Was a little better than what I had expected since the room was pretty inexpensive. The beds were not too comfortable but room was clean. I was overall happy with the room except for the fact that there were no kleenex provided. There was a safe, but not a box of kleenex?

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your recent review! I am glad that you chose to stay with us at the Sandusky/Milan Motel 6. We hope to see you again when you travel through the area.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

We stayed here 2 nights in June 2013 for a visit to Cedar Point. It was interesting. I was a bit annoyed that the room safe did not work. I called reception and she said she didn't know how to fix it, but they could look at it tomorrow. Not wanting to make a fuss I left it at that. My partner went downstairs to use the guest computer as he needed to print a document. The printer would not work, so he asked the reception staff to print it for him. They couldn't seem to get their printer to work either! In the end he went next door to Days Inn and they did it for him!In the mean time, I attempted to have a shower only to find the faucet didn't work. I phoned reception again and asked if any other rooms were available, and was told yes and we could move rooms. They new room was on the same level as the laundry which was handy because I wanted to use it. The safe worked in the new room too, so I was happy.
One major complaint with this place, the doors are definitely not sound proof - all I heard all night long was people walking up and down the hallway and could hear every word they said! It was very very loud!
The staff were helpful, they gave me a refund of 15% because of the problem with the first room. If I visited Sandusky again I might try the Motel 6 Huron hotel as this was one was just a little disappointing.

Room Tip: Perhaps asking for one at the end of the hallway would prevent hearing everyone walking past.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Laura B, General Manager at Motel 6 Sandusky-Milan, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Dear Guest

I am sorry that your experience, albeit short, was anything but perfect. I do want to thank you for letting me know the issues with the printer in our lobby. I am also glad that we were able to get you moved to a room that the safe worked and was more to your liking. I hope that you do stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Nice front office staff, accomodated our needs. This motel allows animals so be prepared for tiled/laminate flooring. However, the rooms were clean, the linens were fresh and clean and beds very neatly made. Stayed here with my Grandson while visiting the Cedarpoint Park and I was happy with the accomodations.

Room Tip: Used my GPS to find this room at I80 and 250
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so much for the great review and I am glad I could be a great part of your expeirence at the Motel 6 Sandusky/Milan. The staff and myself thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again real soon.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

I was in a position where I had to make as many miles as I could each day (Commercial driver) so here is where I was out of hours. Milan, OH.

The 1st place I tried was honest ‘We don’t have affordable rates.’ The 2nd one would not honor our corporate pricing (their contract is now under review). So I ended up here at the Motel 6.

It is a nice place … but I’ve stay in just as nice of Motel 6’s for a 1/3 of the price.

So while the place and service were good, it is only getting a four for being over priced (IMO) And yes, I know everything in the area is high priced … and that is why I will do what I can to not stay in this area again … this is not an attack on this motel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your review of the Motel 6 Sandusky-Milan. We appreciate all comments about our hotel. As our rates vary daily, Motel 6 guarentees our rate to be lower then any other national chain in our area.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

This hotel was no-frills, but clean. The front desk staff were some of the friendliest we have met at any chain hotel, and they provided a great dining suggestion and good directions. I hope management there realizes how great they are. The ventilation system left a little to be desired, as every time the person in the adjacent room smoked we smelled it very well in our own room. We did not notice until we left that the hotel was supposed to be nonsmoking, so never called the front desk about this. Therefore, the staff did not have a chance to remedy the problem while we were there. The bed was kind of hard, but was adequate.
I would probably research other hotels in the area before staying there again, but would not totally rule out another stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carrie R
Laura B, General Manager at Motel 6 Sandusky-Milan, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Thank you for your recent review! I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again when you travel through the area!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Milan
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sandusky South
Super 8 Milan/Sandusky Area
Red Roof Inn Milan Sandusky
Hampton Inn & Suites Sandusky / Milan
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#5 of 7 in Milan
Motel 6 Sandusky-Huron

Been to Motel 6 Sandusky-Milan? Share your experiences!