“Ver Musty/moldy smelling but like how close to Cedar Point” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Roof Inn Milan Sandusky

Red Roof Inn Milan Sandusky
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Milan
“Ver Musty/moldy smelling but like how close to Cedar Point”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2014

First room had flees, noticed in our bed (I guess to be expected with pet friendly hotel). Second room we walked in and air was running it smelled soo musty/moldy it was horrible we couldn't even stay 1 min longer in the room-our families room was the same but not sat bad . We asked to b moved again. Heather was very friendly in moving us and gave us small discount on room. Third room was better. Prob wouldn't stay again.

• Stayed August 2014
      Location
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
643Red, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Milan Sandusky, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Dear Lacyg1973

Thank you for allowing Heather to take care of your issues during your stay. We are pet friendly to dogs, that are under 40 lbs and less then knee high. We do monitor which room we allow them in and then they are treated and deep cleaned after each pet visit. We had the room treated by professionals to make sure it does not happen to another valuable guest. I appreciate you taking the time to post a review and know that these things are not typical of our location, and I hope you will reconsider and allow us to meet all your expectations if you are in the area again.

Karen Ritter

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Cincinnati, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

Spent two nights here this past weekend, Our room was VERY musty smelling, so bad it made my allergies kick into high gear had to go buy meds for it. There was huge wet spot on the floor which turned my white socks brown! Gross!! We asked the front desk for a different room, all rooms was booked unless we wanted to pay more! pool needed cleaned, the filter wasn't even turned on and you could see the dirt around the edges, breakfast was the normal, but they run out fast and slow at restocking, forgot to add towels was stained and had hair on them, bugs in the hallway when you come in side door along with lots of dirt on the floors which was there when we came and still there when we left.. We was charged a safe fee but didn't use it and you even have to use your credit card to use the safe so why charge a fee! Im a state employee and my discount wasn't on my receipt, which is only 10% here others are more.. Probably wouldn't recommend or stay here ever again!

Room Tip: don't recommend!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
643Red, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Milan Sandusky, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Hello Mamma 7713

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. These issue you described are not typical of our location and We strive to make sure we offer a clean and comfortable stay. I am glad that you enjoyed our breakfast and will speak with Breakfast Host to make sure things get filled in a more timely manner. I would be happy to look into the room issues if you would contact us at 419-499-4347 or email me directly i0643@redroof.com with the room number you stayed in.
I appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel and hope you will reconsider giving us another change to meet your lodging needs.

Karen Ritter

Travellers are raving about these Milan hotels

Abington, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Passing through, stayed overnight. Room was reasonably clean and bed was comfortable. Asked front desk for local restaurant recommendation (cheerfully given)
check in and check out was painless and fast
Wifi was horrible, but no worse than other hotels on our trip

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
643Red, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Milan Sandusky, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Hello Jmelair

Thank you for your kind words, We strive to make sure we offer a clean, comfortable room with great value. I am sorry that you had internet connections. We are having someone to come and take a look at the system to see what we can do to offer better connection. I assure you that this is not typical and we understand how important this is to our guest. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit through the area.

Thanks
sandyville, ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

Spent the day at Cedar Point with the family. Heather was quick with our check in and recommended a great restaurant, Mannys right by down the road. Mary and Kelly were super friendly and helpful at the front desk the next morning. Breakfast was typical. We would stay again.

• Stayed August 2014
      Location
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
643Red, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Milan Sandusky, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Buysaremean

Thank you for kind words on our great desk staff. Heather is a great asset to your company.

Sharing your positive experience and what a great value that our breakfast and location to your trip to Cedar Point, We strive to meet all our guest needs. We do look forward to your return trip to our area.

Massillon, Ohio, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

For Red Roof locations this is at the upper end of the price scale. Check in was quick and painless. The staff was pleasant, although they forgot my bottle of water. Not a big deal but hey, if they are supposed to offer it.....

The room was clean. The bed was comfortable but what's with the tiny little pillows?

Check out was non existent. I was hoping to get a refund for the safe charge as I forgot to ask this to be waived on check in but there was noone attending the front desk. After what felt like 10 minutes and 2 bell taps I had to leave.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
Dear Jason S

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review. We try to price ourselves price sensitive to our area. I am glad to hear that you found our hotel clean and comfortable. I will looking to the comments on the pillow issue. While I would be happy to look into the charges you mentioned please call me with additional information so I can look into your direct charges. We do look forward to seeing you on your next time in the area.

Butler, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

Took my children to Cedar Point and booked off Hotels.com. For the price it was worth it. Just needed a place to sleep, shower and rest. If you are on a budget definitely worth a shot. They gave us a roll away cot for extra space and kids had a blast.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
643Red, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Milan Sandusky, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Sas16001

If was wonderful to read the great comments you left regarding your stay. We strive to make sure we are price sensitive to all traveler. If you are passing by or staying for a attraction in the area. We want to make sure you have a clean and positive experience during your stay. We hope that if you are in the area again you will allow us to be your lodging hotel again.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Stayed here while traveling for business. Checked in very late at night. Man at the desk was friendly but not overly helpful. When we arrived to our room, the room was warm and musty smelling. (It was hot outside-air conditioner not on.) We were exhausted so we pulled back the blankets to get into bed and there were long brown hairs in the sheets! I stripped the bed (and found more hair on the mattress cover) and tried to call down to the desk for fresh sheets, but the phone did not work. I walked down to the desk and reported what I had found and the desk clerk simply said "Ewww". He gave me new bed sheets and I had to make our bed....I have a Red Roof discount card and I still paid over $70.00 to stay at this hotel. I did not get the quality of service that I expect for that kind of money and was disappointed in the room cleanliness. I stayed at a Comfort Inn on this same business trip, paid less money, and it was like staying in a palace compared to this hotel.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
643Red, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Milan Sandusky, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Dear IR34me

I am sorry about the service you received, I assure you this not typical and have spoke with this desk clerk directly. We strive to make sure all our staff is trained and gives each guest 100% customer service. We price our self with the market area and we know how guest are price sensitive and we hope that you will stop and give us another change to show you that we can give great service and quality that you deserve.

Karen Ritter
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milan
Hampton Inn & Suites Sandusky / Milan
#5 of 7 in Milan
Comfort Inn Sandusky
Comfort Inn Sandusky
#4 of 35 in Sandusky

Been to Red Roof Inn Milan Sandusky? Share your experiences!