“Traveled from Chicago to Dine Here”
Review of 20 Brix Restaurant

20 Brix Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
20 Brix Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 96 Restaurants in Milford
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Garfield
Description: The 20 Brix wine bar and restaurant features over 100 selections by the glass or bottle. Along with an extensive wine list, the restaurant has an impressive assortment of premium liquors and specialty beers. 20 Brix also includes a patio with comfortable seating areas for customers to enjoy. 20 Brix has created an environment that not only provides a unique wine and food experience to patrons, but also a relaxing backdrop to enjoy every last sip and bite. The knowledgeable staff is ready to offer suggestions and tastes of the available wines at any time. Part of the pleasure of visiting the 20 Brix wine bar and restaurant is pairing your favorite wine with one of the contemporary entrees, salads, or pizzas.
Chicago, Illinois
“Traveled from Chicago to Dine Here”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Third year we dined at 20 Brix, every year excellent. We can't wait to make it 4 years. The ambiance is lovely, both inside and out. Wine on tap, reasonable and fine. Dinner always interesting and good. Very nice staff, we have not been disappointed.

Visited August 2014

Troy, Ohio
“Great Atmosphere-Average Food”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

My wife and I and her sister stopped for lunch as her sister said they had a great hamburger. Unfortunately, we found out they only serve the hamburger at night as it takes a lot of preparation. In looking over the luch menu there really were a lot of strange dishes and not much variety, so we settled for the angus burger sliders. The two sli9der burgers with fries were $11.00, and although OK they were certainly over priced. I have really never been fond of French food and was really surprised this is a French restaurant. If you like wine there were pages of wine choices, so I guess we really found ourselves at the wrong restaurant at the wrong time. We really did enjoy eating on the patio as it was well decorated and a pleasant afternoon with a nice breeze for the middle of August.

• Visited August 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio
“take your mistress on the expense account”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

This is an unexpected gem of a place in Milford.
I recently visited again with my wife and 3 small children early evening. I sense that it's not really the sort of place used to catering for small children, (the maître de gave my two 4 year olds a wine menu each). However the server did kindly offer us the kids menu from the pizzeria next door.

I've visited a few times now and always enjoyed my food. It's well prepared and presented. On a previous visit I had one of the best steaks I've ever had. However the food menu is a bit limited and would benefit from a few more "classic" dishes rather than so many (to me at least) novel ones. Appetizers are around $10 to 15. Entrees are around $20 to 26. Portions are "modestly" sized so may not represent great value for money for some people.

Conclusion: Take your mistress on the expense account, and enjoy excellent wine with nice food.

• Visited July 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great date night but they tried too hard on the food”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Overall, it was a great experience and we'll go back again. I'd rate it higher but I think Elf was in the kitchen sabotaging our dishes by adding syrup to everything.

It was our first trip to 20 Brix for an impromptu date night. We had read some great reviews and had kept it on our short list of places to try.

First off, the good: It's a beautiful building in quaint, historic Milford. I really like they keep a seasonal menu and incorporate local ingredients. There is a surprisingly wide variety of foods on a limited menu. Neither one of us are wine drinkers so we didn't appreciate the wine selection. We had a drink at the bar waiting to be seated and the bartender was very helpful with menu recommendations. The wait staff were fast, professional and courteous.

Now for the food.

We didn't dislike the food but we weren't crazy about it either. It seemed like they prepared a great meal then kept going. Taking something simple, elegant and perfectly prepared and kept piling on ingredients till you weren't sure what you ordered anymore. For example, the mushroom bruschetta looked and smelled wonderful. Everything was exceptional down to the warm, gooey egg yolk that ran all over the hard, toasty bread. We thought Will Ferrell's Elf got a hold of it since it was covered in syrup. A hint of syrup, ok. But this was covered overpowering a promising dish.

Unfortunately, the theme of extraneous, overpowering ingredients was the only constant for our main courses. But, we'll be back to give it another try since we did have such a wonderful evening.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank TheTravelingDave
Milford, OH
“Nothing special here, not this time”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

My group of 15 had lunch reservations, and everything was set up for us when we arrived. Most of us had not been here before and we excited to try the food.

From the comments that I could hear, the food was OK but no one was impressed. The service was OK, they were not busy at all, but the waitress did not even do herself a favor (to earn more in tips) by asking us if we wanted dessert - no dessert menu was given, nothing. Just brought the checks. So we walked over to Sugar and got some delicious cupcakes!

• Visited June 2014