“I didnt know what a good cupcake was until I went here!”
Review of Sugar Cupcakery - CLOSED

Sugar Cupcakery
Reviewed 26 March 2012

When you walk in, you might think "what! That $ for a cupcake"! These arent the same cupcakes you find at an average bakery or your local grocery. You might not order these for a kids birthday party unless the child has allergies or health issues. But! If you want a special treat, made with the finest ingredients, this is the place. Whether you want fat free, all natural, food alllergy-free, dye free, gluten free, vegetarian or vegan, or all natural this is the place! They have minis, so if your in the area, and you wanna give them a try, stop in. you'll be pleasantly suprised!

Reviewed 1 January 2012

First time we came we went here was during the thanksgiving day weekend. The days where they want people to shop at smaller stores rather than the big chains. We were walking down the main street with their holiday fair going on. We notice this purple building with the sign that said "sugar" on the front. I thought what the heck lets see what they have. I have a huge sweet tooth. You can either get cupcakes that are normal size or mini's. Husband got the choc truffle I got the pumpkin. That was the best pumpkin cupcake ive ever eaten. Wish we got more. But with the holiday fair going on we got a discount. One normal size cupcake I think is $3.25 . I was expecting to pay for two $6.50. But with the holiday fair it was only $6.00. Now, I did go back in December and get 6 minis for $9.00. I like getting the mini's because you nibble on a small one and try other flavors and not feel so guilty on eating one big one. They have coffee, tea, bottles of pop there also. A bathroom too which comes in handy. The atmosphere is pretty chic if i say so myself. All in all a good experience..and tasty too.

Reviewed 23 July 2011

This place is a Milford gem, and the cupcakes are delicious, and worth every penny!! If you're in the area, do yourself a favor and visit this store...

Reviewed 9 June 2011

Sugar was featured on the Food Network "Cupcake Wars" and came in 2nd.
The cupcakes are really good, but really pricey. I guess you get what you pay for (quality).
A cute place to meet someone for a cupcake & drink. Sugar was also the background for a local commercial with Nick Lachey.

Reviewed 2 July 2010

I went there right after the owner appeared on "Cupcake Wars" on FoodNetwork. They placed second. It was a weekday afternoon and I think they pare down the selections on weekdays to avoid too much waste. They had all the usuals, chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, lemon, carrot cake....All made elegantly from scratch with much care for quality ingredients. I have a sophisticated palate and can tell when things are made from boxed mixes. I would rather have a small selection of great cupcakes to choose from than a whole array of crap. Sugar Cupcakery makes all organic product and they only serve cupcakes and beverages. They even have gluten free and vegan cupcakes, although I cannot attest to these as I did not try them.
I will definetly return on the weekend to try the more exotic flavors.
As far as price goes....1/2 dozen mini cupcakes was around $9.00. I'd pay it because this is quality tasty product and well worth the spluge once and a whole!