Holiday Inn Express & Suites Cincinnati Northeast-Milford
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Milford
Lindsay, Canada
“Much Improved”
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We had a sketchy experience at this hotel a while ago. We decided to give it another try because its location is good for us. It's close to relatives and there are 3 restaurants within old-fart walking distance.
The place was clean inside and out. It was quiet even though there were ball teams staying there. The free breakfast was really good, albeit powdered eggs. The young guy working the breakfast room was really friendly and a hard worker. Being clumsy, I usually wind up cleaning up (spills) after myself, but this guy didn't give me a chance.The desk staff was friendly and helpful, the ice machine always came through, and the pool was very nice.
The only negative thing we found was that the pillows were not A1.
We will be staying there again when we visit the area in May.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Canada_Reals
hiexpressmilford, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Cincinnati Northeast-Milford, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Thank you for giving us another chance. I am glad to hear that your stay was greatly improved over your last experience. We have been working hard to insure all of our guests have an amazing experience when they stay with us. We have renovated every room in the hotel with new air conditioners, flat screen televisions, paint, wallpaper, and fixtures. We have also upgraded our old pool to a saline pool so it no longer uses chlorine. You'll be happy to know that the only issue you encountered will soon be resolved. We are purchasing new larger pillows for every room that I think you will find are A1! Thank you also for mentioning our wonderful breakfast staff. They work hard everyday and it is good to hear that they are appreciated by guests such as yourself. Thank you for your feedback; we look forward to your next visit!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Ohio
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We stayed during a very busy weekend in Cincy when we couldn't find a hotel room closer to downtown. Upon arriving (technically before check-in) we found the front desk unattended. We were happy to wait a few minutes (5-7 minutes) since we were early but found it a bit irritating that two different members of the maintenance staff ignored us while retrieving something from behind the desk. How hard is it to simply return a smile? When the attendant arrived he was courteous and friendly. The decor in our room was stylistically outdated, but it was extremely clean and neat. I felt very comfortable there and appreciated the mini fridge, microwave and the enormous bathroom. Our room, right across from the elevator had a bit of noise but nothing out of the ordinary for a hotel. We did not eat breakfast nor have an opportunity to use the pool. In the future, we will most likely be staying closer to downtown, but overall we were happy with our stay.

Room Tip: Downtown "old" Milford is very quaint with nice little shops and restaurants and a nice wa...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
hiexpressmilford, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Cincinnati Northeast-Milford, responded to this review, 2 August 2013
Thank you for your review! We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience. I am glad to hear that our desk staff was courteous and friendly. I will have a talk with the maintenance staff how they treated you with indifference. We find that attitude unacceptable and I promise it will not happen again. Thank you for mentioning how clean and neat your room was. Our goal is to always please our guests and we find having refrigerators and microwaves available at no additional cost is important to our guests. I am glad you were overall pleased with your stay. We certainly welcome you to stay again and try out our new saline pool. Thank you again for your feedback and your kind words!
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night at this Holiday Inn while driving from NY to TN. Upon check-in, the room had a musty, sour smell. It smelled like a mixture of old dirty mop water and the wall air conditioning unit. We asked to be switched to a different room but the 2nd room had the same smell. The hallway also faintly smelled the same. The air conditioning unit did not put out enough cool air either. Another inconvenience was that the main entrance was the only way to enter the hotel, all other doors were apparently non-operational.

The free breakfast was typical Holiday Inn offerings - cinnamon rolls, cereal, 3 hot items, yogurt, etc...

Overall, an average stay - not bad for a night but not a place I'd want to stay for an extended time period.

• Stayed July 2013
hiexpressmilford, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Cincinnati Northeast-Milford, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns. We are currently in the process of replacing every air conditioning unit in the building, a project that will soon be complete. I apologize that your AC was not satisfactory and I can assure you this would not happen again. We have recently renovated all of our rooms with new wallpaper, paint, and many new fixtures so we can insure that guests have the best possible experience. We do have only one entrance but this is in order to insure pets-for allergy reasons- are not snuck in by guests. It also insures that the pool is only utilized by our guests. I apologize for any inconvenience this caused. Thank you for mentioning our breakfast. We are proud to be a Holiday Inn Express where we serve a free hot breakfast with so many options from which to choose! Again, thank you for your review!
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 5 July 2013

We stayed here as a way to keep costs down during a recent trip to Great American Ball Park. The a/c unit in the room wasn't particularly effective and the hotel had a very humid/musty feel in the hallways and in the rooms overall. Otherwise, the place was reasonably clean and the features were as advertised including free breakfast, internet and parking. Nothing special, but not bad. It was an easy drive to the ballpark (we parked on the Kentucky side in Newton and just walked over the bridge), which is a plus for those looking to have a similarly budget-friendly place to stay further away from downtown Cincinnati.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
hiexpressmilford, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Cincinnati Northeast-Milford, responded to this review, 7 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback. Holiday Inn Express Milford is a great place to stay when your coming to town to see the Reds and looking to save some money over the pricier downtown hotels. I apologize you experienced a humidity issue during your stay. It can get very humid in Cincinnati in the summer. We are currently in the process of replacing all of our AC units and should be done with the renovation soon. Always feel free in the future to alert the desk staff if you have any issues with your room; and we will always do our best to do what it takes to make your stay perfect. Thank you for also complimenting our breakfast. We feel we have one of the best free hot breakfasts in the industry. It's always great to hear our guests agree.
Portsmouth, Ohio
Reviewed 17 May 2013

We stayed over the weekend at this hotel and loved it. The rooms were beautiful, well-appointed and clean. The beds were heaven to sleep in and better than more expensive hotels. My son had a great time in the pool with his friends and loved the complimentary breakfast. The did not run out of food even when his entire baseball team and families came to eat. The staff there treated us personally and I was impressed. The best staff ever and we will definitely come back whenever we are in town.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank M T
hiexpressmilford, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Cincinnati Northeast-Milford, responded to this review, 19 May 2013
Thank you for your valuable feedback! We strive to provide the best guest experience we possibly can; and I'm glad to hear we have served you well. Our saline pool is often a favorite among children and adults. I am also very glad you enjoyed your stay including the free hot breakfast! Thank you, again, for the feedback.
Ironton, OH
Reviewed 6 April 2013

We came here after a Reds game, its about 20-25 minutes away from the stadium straight out US 50/Columbia Parkway. As always with every HIE we've stayed at, the rooms were clean, the hotel seemed "secure", and the staff was friendly.

There were a few issues but nothing to get in a fight over.

-- Of course, all the rave right now at most hotels are those little square pillows. They make great for photos but not for sleep. I've had this problem at hotels other than IHG brands, so it just seems to be an industry problem.
-- The shower head was in need of cleaning/replacement, its water flow wasn't constant.
-- The sink ran very slow, needed plunged or some acid cleaner poured down it.

All in all, its a nice place and we would stay again. You're just minutes away from Eastgate for plenty of shopping at Jungle Jim's.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Reviewer45638
hiexpressmilford, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Cincinnati Northeast-Milford, responded to this review, 8 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We value our customers and wish to hear any feedback they are willing to provide. I'm glad to hear you like our desk staff's friendly attitude. We strive to serve every guest in a polite and timely manner. We appreciate your comment on the size and shape of the pillows. It is important that guests tell us where we can improve and I thank you for doing so. In the future, feel free to contact the front desk regarding any problems with drains or shower heads and we will be sure to fix the problem. Again, thank you for the feedback and we hope to see you again in the future!
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 16 March 2013

3.5 stars I came for a business meeting a few miles away. I have to admit that the indoor pool swayed my decision to stay here...and despite it being open till 11pm I still get to take a dip. Anway, the room is a good size. It seemed to be missing a coffee table by the window. The work desk was pretty standard except it didn't come with an ergonomic chair like the Comfort Suites I stayed in recently in Denver.

The King bed was comfortable, but the mini-sized pillows made having a good care-free night's sleep harder. There were several - all marked "firm" - unlike other motels which give a choice. The pillow was the size of your head and putting two pillows side by side didn't work out. Why skimp on this? You'd be better off not having so many towels or the coffee maker. I would say no coffee table, but I didn't have one to start with. As I'm writing this, I realize how much that pillow thing annoyed me.

I skipped the pizza nonsense dinner delivery option in the info and called May Thai in Milford for delicious Thai food straight to my room. Last order at 9pm.

The breakfast was included and a welcome start to the morning esp. as it snowed overnight. I didn't have anything in the rental car for scrapping snow and dressed in a business suit I guess I looked clumsy. A kind folk guest gave me her spare scraper. THANK YOU missus! I wanted to give it back as I don't need one at home in California.

Room Tip: If there's a chance of snow make sure you have time to prepare your car before your meeting!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Stevio_1
hiexpressmilford, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Cincinnati Northeast-Milford, responded to this review, 18 March 2013
Thank you for your taking the time to write a review. We greatly value customer feedback. It is good to hear you enjoyed the swimming pool. We keep it open until 11:00 PM so guests on a late schedule can still enjoy it. Our pool will soon have another great feature. The use of chlorine will be discontinued when we upgrade to a new saline pool in the near future. I am sorry to hear that the pillows did not meet your expectations. We always keep extra pillows at the front desk, in both "soft" and "firm" for our guests; and in the future, we would be glad to provide as many as you like. I am glad your stay was positive, overall, and hope you stay with us again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milford
Homewood Suites Cincinnati-Milford
Fairfield Inn & Suites Cincinnati Eastgate
Best Western Clermont
Best Western Clermont
#14 of 52 in Cincinnati

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Cincinnati Northeast-Milford? Share your experiences!