Holiday Inn Express & Suites Cincinnati Northeast-Milford
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Milford
“Nice place”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I stayed here when travelling through by bicycle and called in to reserve a room. A few minutes later the receptionist called back to say that, if I was travelling by bicycle, I got a 15% discount. So I arrived at the hotel ready to be satisfied. And I was. This is a typical Holiday Inn Express, which is to say good. It was well-equipped, clean and located next to several restaurants and a convenience store. The only negative aspect was that my room bordered on the on-ramp to the interstate highway and was a bit noisy when vehicles accelerated. Not a huge problem but if I returned, and I would, I would ask for a room on the other side.

Room Tip: My room was next to the interstate on ramp and a bit noisy. It would probably be better to have a r...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Betsy B
hiexpressmilford, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Cincinnati Northeast-Milford, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Thank you for your great review! I am glad you enjoyed the hotel and am happy you were able to get our bike trail discount. Thank you for mentioning our convenient location! I hope you were able to check out our free hot breakfast, indoor saline pool, and free wireless internet. Again, thanks for the review. We hope to see you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Spencerville, Ohio
Reviewed 18 July 2014

started off good since they let us in a halfhour early... Nick at front desk was the only one who SMILED there. saw a 2nd/3rd shift staff meeting in lobby and all just grimaced at us ... Never been in this region with teens. Elevator sounded terrible going up to 3rd floor. Room stunk upon opening the door-badly!! ONLY 1 channel on tv for kids offered!! Room did not have the offered frig/microwave. Bathroom was tiny compared to next room who also had their frig/microwave. Never Ever had a front desk NOT PICK UP THEIR PHONE for assistance before this hotel!!!!!! Friends room was cleaned spotless while ours was not, but they did push our stuff around to throw a sticky microwave on top of stuff on the desktable n place a dirty frig where our luggage was but never plugged it in to be cold to use upon returning to our room. Pool is saltwater, and had lots of filthy grit on bottom around the weak jets. kids feet got disgustingly dirty from walking from pool to room!!!!! We never touched the dirty exercise room which only had 2 machines, walkin or running. WIFI WAS WEAK AND FAIR BUT NON-EXISTENT ON 3RD FLOOR!! Breakfast was pathetic really with rubber egg/cheese omelets and disgusting pancakes and only 1 type of dry cereal offered. parking lot is small and VERY DARK-POORLY LIT and hard to find with little signage how to reach it thru the back service road... The only nice thing was the hard bed and soft pillows.
In All my years and trips I have Alwayssss have enjoyed Holiday Inns but this one is awful.

Room Tip: this is on exit 57 off I 275,,, Just go down south couple more exits alittle farther to find another...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Sheila223
Thank you for your review. I am sorry for your experience, however, there are many claims in your review that are untrue. First, there are no staff meetings in the lobby of our hotel or between second and third shift. There could not have been staffers grimacing at you from a lobby staff meeting because such a meeting does not exist. Our staff is trained to always be friendly and would never be outwardly grimace at a guest. We offer a wide variety of channels including many options for family friendly viewing. We do offer fridges and microwaves to guests upon request, as evidenced later in your review by your receipt of both, so I am not sure why you said your room did not have the the "offered frig/microwave". Our Suites are our only rooms with fridges and microwaves as fixtures but we are happy to provide them upon request, as we did in your case. I am sorry that you experienced an instance in which you called the desk and the agent was unavailable. Though we are staffed 24 hours a day, occasionally the staff must leave the desk to help a guest, address an issue, take a bathroom break, etc.. I am surprised by your assessment of our pool, as we have had great reviews about our saline pool and I can assure you that it is far superior to a chlorine pool. We do not have only two exercise machines and they are neither old nor dirty. In addition to our treadmills, we also have a bicycle exercise machine. I have tested your claim that the internet is non-existent on the third floor and found the internet to be fast and accessible from all areas of the hotel, including the third floor. I am sorry you did not like our breakfast. Most of our guests have responded very positively to our newly added options like turkey sausage. Breakfast is one area in particular where we excel in guest satisfaction. You are also incorrect in saying we only offer one kind of cereal. We offer four. We have a large well lit parking lot with plenty of convenient spaces near our entrance. Thank you for mentioning our comfortable beds! Again, thank you for your feedback.

Travellers are raving about these Milford hotels

Plain City, Ohio
Reviewed 20 March 2014

This is the first bad review I have ever given. I am someone who can see the good in almost anything. That being said this was the overall worst hotel I have ever experienced. A mom with two young children we take short trips in Ohio often and enjoy getting away for a day or two. Upon first arrival we were given a room on the 3rd floor but by the time we made it to the elevator on the first floor we could smell the cigarette smoke. When we got off on the 3rd floor it smelled like a Bingo hall. Very strong smoke. We checked back with the front desk and discovered half of the 3rd floor are smoking rooms. They did allow us to move to a room on the 1st floor away from the smoke but after getting situated in our new room someone was smoking in the hallway and a neighboring 1st floor room had someone smoking against policy. We were told that there was nothing that could be done. At this point 10+ pm My 4 year old brought me pills he found on the floor. Debating trying to find another hotel this late and wanted to give the Hotel a chance my husband approached the front desk about the room concerns he was told. Hey we want to give you your money back and we want you to leave. So on one of the busiest drinking holidays, we ended up packed up our kids and when we had trouble navigating the unfamiliar area to find another hotel we made the 2 hour drive home arriving at 1 am. The icing on the cake was while we were packing and pulling the kids out of bed 3 police officers knocked on our room door to escort us out. So respectfully please do not stay here. I have spent most of my day trying to convince my 4 year old that he did not do anything wrong when he found pills ( he thinks it is his fault we had to leave and they never got to swim)

I find all it very unbelievable and I am sharing because I only wish we had some warning. I just wanted have had a mediocre experience I was never looking for luxury. Second hand smoke and loose drugs is not something I am comfortable not even addressing the lack of hospitality.

Room Tip: Smoking on 3rd floor be we also witnessed it in the hallways elevator and the 1st floor.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank pjangel
hiexpressmilford, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Cincinnati Northeast-Milford, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Thank you for your feedback. As I am sure you are aware, your first review for this stay was rejected by trip adviser because it violated the guidelines for posting reviews, as you did not complete a stay with us and had to be forcibly removed from our hotel by law enforcement. Your new review is identical in all but the title to the one that was rejected. As you know, we were forced to call the police to have your party removed from the hotel due to threatening language used by an adult male in your party towards our front desk staff and the hotel in general. We granted you a full refund despite our policy which allows us to charge for a room when our rules against threatening language and behavior are violated. Management has reviewed the security footage and audio of the threatening statements and determined that the statements communicated a threat both against an employee and the hotel in general. We have also archived the video and audio as evidence. I can assure you that, were it not for the violent and threatening language used by a member of your party, you would not have been asked to leave the hotel and would have been allowed to complete your stay. I am sorry that you felt our policy was unfair but we must always consider the safety of our guests and staff when threatening statements are made.
Flower Mound, Texas, United States
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Nothing more or less than you expect from a Holiday Inn Express. I find this a good place to stay because of all the places to eat right across the street and a C store within walking distance, so you can load up some snacks and drinks for your room. All this plus the hotel is right off the freeway and close to the old part of Milford.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your review. It is great to hear that you enjoy our convenient location right off I-275 and close to Old Milford. Thank you also for pointing out that there are convenient restaurants and stores within walking distance. I hope you got to try our free hot breakfast and saline pool. Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Farmington, Michigan
Reviewed 24 November 2013

This was a great place to stay after a day of bicycling on the Little Miami rail trail. Large, clean rooms with nice furnishings. Limited but adequate restaurant options in the immediate walking area. After a hot shower we walked across the street to the Mexican restaurant. Hotel's complimentary breakfast was nothing exceptional, but allowed us to fuel up before getting back on the bikes for another day of riding. Milford is a very nice NE suburb of Cincinnati.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
hiexpressmilford, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Cincinnati Northeast-Milford, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we did! I am glad to hear you found Milford to your liking. We have many great attractions right here in town. Plentiful unique shopping, great food choices, and historical tours are just some of the reasons our guests love to travel into old Milford. Thank you also for complimenting our rooms. We work hard to make sure every room is extremely clean. I hope you come see us again next time your on the bike trail. You can always count on our delicious free hot breakfast before heading out for a long day of bike riding. Again, thank you for your helpful feedback!
Ohio
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Very nice HIX. Great location to I-275 and access to several restaurants within walking distance. Very clean property w/ friendly people in all areas. Rooms are nice and recently renovated. Only quirk was that there is no "office chair" at the table, simply a regular armchair. Not a major issue, but odd that a hotel that caters to business travelers would not have a regular office or desk chair Overall, however, a very good hotel that I would strongly recommend.

Room Tip: Some rooms are closer to I-275 than others. If you are a light sleeper, you might want to ask for a...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Waylontdog
hiexpressmilford, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Cincinnati Northeast-Milford, responded to this review, 27 October 2013
Thank you for your great review. I am currently investigating to see why your room did not have an office chair. All of our rooms are furnished with a very nice office chair; and I assure you that in future visits, you will have one in your room. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. In the future, please feel free to contact the desk 24 hours a day if you have any issues and we will always be glad to assist. I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your next visit! Thank you also for mentioning our convenient location. Nothing beats geting off the highway without having to travel miles of back roads to get to your hotel. We love our location and I'm glad to hear you do to! Again, thank you; and have a great day.
Lindsay, Canada
Reviewed 10 September 2013

We decided to give this place another try due to its location. Rooms were clean, desk staff friendly and helpful, pool clean, and a great breakfast. They even alternated the food - sausages and biscuits one day, bacon another. Everything was quiet 'tho there were a couple ball teams there. Now if they could just upgrade the pillows from small and lumpy!

Room Tip: We were on the highway side and there was some noise from trucks.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank r0se65
hiexpressmilford, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Cincinnati Northeast-Milford, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay! We pride ourselves in our friendly staff and clean facilities. Thank you for mentioning the variety we offer at breakfast. We always rotate which food is served as part our hot breakfast. Our guests love the variety this affords, especially for multi-day stays. I apologize that there was a group that was noisy while you were here. We have a strict noise policy that all guests, especially groups, must abide by. If in the future you experience this problem, I can assure you our desk staff will take care of it quickly. We are staffed 24 hours a day to handle these issues; you need only call the desk. You will be glad to hear that we are in the process of upgrading all of our pillows, along with every Holiday Inn Express nationwide. The new pillows will be much bigger and should arrive shortly. Thank you also for mentioning our Saline Pool. It has been a big hit with guests as it does not use chlorine; so it doesn't cast a chlorine smell around the way pools do at most hotels. Thank you again for your great review. We hope to see you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milford
Homewood Suites Cincinnati-Milford
Fairfield Inn & Suites Cincinnati Eastgate
Best Western Clermont
Best Western Clermont
#14 of 51 in Cincinnati

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Cincinnati Northeast-Milford? Share your experiences!