“LOVE IT!”

Big Poppa's Cafe on Main
Price range: US$4 - US$8
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Big Poppa's Cafe is a funky, family owned, neighborhood cafe known for it's homemade breakfast specialties as well as a huge lunch menu featuring freshly made sandwiches, salads, and wraps all using Boars Head meats and cheeses.
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I have been to Big Poppa's two more times since my original review. I LOVE this place. Not only is the food made fresh, but the owners are soooo nice. Sheila makes it a point to remember your name and drink. She also makes sure you are happy with your selection. Today, I had the Miles Davis - chicken salad. It was some of the best chicken salad I've ever had. It doesn't have fruit and nuts in it - it's straight, delicious chicken salad.

The time before this visit, I had a salad. The lettuce was cut to order and everything was so fresh.

Big Poppas is going to quickly become a regular haunt for me. I love it!

Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

We love this restaurant. Food is delicious. Atmosphere is great and the menu has good variety. The owners are fun and interesting.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

Ate lunch here - great friendly service with homestyle food reminiscent of an old fashioned diner. Reasonably priced, tasty, with decent sized portions. Would definitely eat here again.

Reviewed 9 August 2013

We had breakfast at Big Poppa Slims this morning for the first time. Talk about value for your money - very, very reasonable priced. The food was really good and the service was even better. I had the Belgium Waffle and Bacon. The waffle was HOT and fresh when it was served. I think the syrup should have been served hot instead of room temperature. The bacon was HOT and CRISPY! I judge a place on whether they can cook bacon and Big Poppa got it right the first time. The one thing that would make it better is if they had potatoes - any kind of hash browns, skillet potatoes, potato anything. I will definitely return and recommend to others. This is a great little find in the heart of Old Milford.

Reviewed 10 July 2013

First off, Sheila and Jeff always make me feel right at home. I love going here for the company just as much as I do for the awesome food. Secondly, I don't go for all the new fangled fancy stuff people are doing to chicken salad these days. I don't like it with fruit or nuts. If you are like me, Big Poppa Slims has the perfect chicken salad for you. It's called the Miles Davis. It's made with a creamy dill dressing and it's served on sourdough bread. This is my absolute favorite place to go for a chicken salad sandwich. That being said, their other sandwiches are also great. If you like spicy, I would recommend the Harry Connick, Jr.