“Handsome and Goetta”

Big Poppa's Cafe on Main
Price range: US$4 - US$8
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Big Poppa's Cafe is a funky, family owned, neighborhood cafe known for it's homemade breakfast specialties as well as a huge lunch menu featuring freshly made sandwiches, salads, and wraps all using Boars Head meats and cheeses.
“Handsome and Goetta”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This is where ya go for quick bites and quirky atmosphere. Expect to have personable service, craft quality food at drive thru combo meal prices and hear some great music. The dogs are tremendous. the salads are the size of the park a block away.
This is a tiny joint. NO FRYER! So don't expect fries with your delicious sandwiches. All the grub here has musically inspired names (I am a fan of "Ol Blue Eyes" myself) and a collection of albumn covers that will impress even a grumpy hipster. Jason is a local fixture and is a "guest in the kitchen" when it is busy. 2 men in the kitchen making magic..is a great thing.
I am NOT a goetta fan and even I eat it here. It is not like the grilled Haggis you might expect get elsewhere. Breakfast food is as good as the lunch offerings! The bacon, is such crispy, salty, perfection that you'd expect Janis Joplin to sing "Cry" over it.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank IrishVoodoo

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A great place for breakfast or lunch”
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Whenever I have guests from out of town, I'll take them here for breakfast or lunch. The prices are reasonable, the menu is a nice variation from the usual items, and we're always welcomed as returning friends.

• Visited October 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“And then again,maybe not!”
Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

Ordered the Dean Martin. Mozzarella, tomato, pesto -one of my favorites. The Dean came with a very soggy bottom. Too wet to pick up. My friends sandwich was the same.

Visited November 2013
BigPoppaJeff, Owner at Big Poppa's Cafe on Main, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
I am very sorry you were disappointed. I wish you would have let my wife or I know you were not happy. We would have done something to make it right. If you would decide to give us another chance, please let me know who you are and your meal will be on us. Again, I am sorry you left unhappy.
Milford, Ohio
“LOVE IT!”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I have been to Big Poppa's two more times since my original review. I LOVE this place. Not only is the food made fresh, but the owners are soooo nice. Sheila makes it a point to remember your name and drink. She also makes sure you are happy with your selection. Today, I had the Miles Davis - chicken salad. It was some of the best chicken salad I've ever had. It doesn't have fruit and nuts in it - it's straight, delicious chicken salad.

The time before this visit, I had a salad. The lettuce was cut to order and everything was so fresh.

Big Poppas is going to quickly become a regular haunt for me. I love it!

• Visited October 2013
“Gem!”
Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

We love this restaurant. Food is delicious. Atmosphere is great and the menu has good variety. The owners are fun and interesting.

• Visited August 2013