“A very sweet place to relax!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Millersburg
The Barn Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 13 Millersburg B&B and Inns
Groveport Ohio
“A very sweet place to relax!”
Reviewed 1 October 2007

The Barn Inn is now one of our favorite places. The hospitality and beautifully decorated room was outstanding. Much nicer than a typical B & B, with no bathroom sharing. Loved the Jacuzzi! Our favorite thing about a B & B is the breakfast, and we were not disappointed. The location is perfect...not too close or far to the Amish attractions. We had always stayed at the Inn at Honey Run, and loved it. Just wanted to try something new. It was nice to be able to walk to the Inn for dining (really the best in the area, we think, if you would like something that is not "amish").
So, now we think we have the perfect combo. Stay at the Barn Inn, and have dinner at HoneyRun! Oh, and throw in a complete round of golf at Black Diamond. Unfortunately we only got in 9 holes because of a torential rain and thunderstorm. We will be back!

• Liked — Clean and pretty
  • Disliked — liked everything
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Oxford,OH
Reviewed 27 September 2007

September 27, 2007
We scheduled a "girls weekend" and chose the Barn Inn as our headquarters. It proved to be a smart choice. Not only was the Vintage Rose Room perfect for the three "vintage roses", Loretta's commentary at breakfast and her suggestions for where to go and what to see were perfect in every way. We felt comfortable and cozy and loved the family atmosphere. The furnishings were warm and inviting and made you feel like you were home. As for Loretta's recommendations and directions, we loved everything. We loved the fact that we got off the beaten path and got to go into several Amish homes to make purchases. We loved being able to support their lifestyle and we left with a newfound respect for their beliefs....all thanks to Loretta's generous sharing of her knowledge of the Amish and the area. Our trunk was so full when we got home, we were afraid to open it!
We will go back and we will stay at the Barn Inn. The breakfasts were yummy and beautifully served. The warm hospitality will not be forgotten.

Stayed September 2007
Dover
Reviewed 18 September 2007

Looking for a stress release? Here's your answer. Beautiful rooms ,gracious hosts and an incredible breakfast all in a peaceful country setting. Take a stroll across the bridge that spans a babbling brook and sip your favorite local wine on their gazebo neslted in the trees. Plan a daytrip and take in the many local attractions, then come back "home" and relax. My wife and I will make The Barn B&B an annual destination!

See you soon,
Rob and Heidi
Dover, Ohio

• Liked — Very peaceful, great breakfast, gracious hosts. Relaxing!!
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
kentucky
Reviewed 18 September 2007

Paul and Loretta are wonderful hosts. They go the extra distance to make your stay an enjoyable one. Their knowledge of the area and especially the customs are extremly helpful. I would highly recommend their establishment and will use them again on my next trip to Amish country.

• Liked — the peace and serenity of the area.
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled with friends
Cincinnati
Reviewed 18 September 2007

The Barn Inn Bed & Breakfast is a wonderful change of pace. The country atmosphere is relaxing, the rooms are beautiful, the breakfast is very tasty, and the service is great. Loretta and Paul (the owners) make you feel at home. Loretta is full of knowledge and advice regarding places of interest and shopping, just minutes away in Holmes County. This was our second visit to The Barn Inn. We definitely recommend it!

Stayed September 2007
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 15 September 2007

We enjoyed a beautiful ride through the rolling hills of Amish country and finally arrived at The Barn Inn. We walked inside and found the atmosphere to be expansive but very welcoming and home-like. Loretta greeted us right away and welcomed us to her Inn. She invited us to help ourselves to coffee, chocolate cake roll and told us about breakfast. Then she brought us to our room, Honey Run Hideway. We caught a glimpse of our room as she continued to show us the nook where the microwave popcorn, ice machine, videos and other extras of her hospitality were located. While we didn't get to meet Paul during our visit, I knew he wasn't far away and was busy (or relaxing!) somewhere else in the Inn. Our room was fabulous and I specifically chose it based on the description and photo on their website - it was neat to see the original beams from the barn and I loved the furnishings. My husband immediately took to the gorgeous comfy recliner. Right away, I noticed the room to be spotlessly clean and that made me very happy. Loretta gave us a dinner recommendation and we took off for the restaurant at Hotel Millersburg for a sandwich. Their red-skinned potato salad is wonderful! We came back to our room and settled in for the night. Well, okay, I settled in and my husband enjoyed geeking with the free wireless internet and enjoyed searching through the endless channels of satellite tv. We don't have satellite so the man with the gadget was happy to investigate. I like to sleep with a fan on so I was grateful for the ceiling fan which was perfectly situated above the foot of the bed. The pillows were lean and thin but we made do and the bed was firm. We woke up and got ourselves ready for breakfast. The bathroom is large and has plenty of lighting. We didn't use the heat lamp but I bet that is a nice feature during the colder months. I noticed this room to be very wheelchair accessible and designed for assistance with grab bars as well as a lowered sink and mirror. Breakfast was out of this world and very filling. The coffee was good, hot and strong - just the way I like it! The homemade sausage was uniquely flavored with spices and good. We loved the egg casserole and the fresh fruit cup. And oh my goodness, I almost missed the fresh-made bread that Loretta made the night before. There were two types, generously sliced, but I only had just enough room in my belly to try the raisin cinnamon. YUM! YUM! We packed up our belongings and enjoyed a quick view of the field and forest out the back door of our room before loading the car. What a beautiful view of dewy grass and the grazing sheep next door. Before returning our room key to check-out, I took in a final look around the common room and enjoyed seeing Loretta and Paul's family photos, the many quilts, the various newspapers and photo albums, the comfy and plentiful seating arrangement. I hated to leave. It seemed so perfect that I envisioned scenes to sit and meditate, read, converse with friends or other guests and enjoy a cup of coffee or tea. Maybe next time! We had to move along. So, we arrived with anxious anticipation and left with friendly hesitation. I hated to leave but will definitely come back to The Barn Inn and recommend it as the best place to stay to my family and friends. Thank you!

• Liked — Cleanliness of the room, the breakfast and the view out the back door
  • Disliked — The pillows are very thin
1 Thank mhp15
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 8 September 2007

Our two days at The Barn were wonderful! We came to celebrate our 20th anniversary. Our room, the Renaissance room, was spotless & the bed was sooo comfortable! The breakfasts were very palate pleasing, and Loretta was helpful with information & recommendations about Amish country, markets, and merchants. It shows that Loretta and Paul are very proud of their inn, and they want guests to feel "right at home." We will return, and we will highly recommend staying at "The Barn Inn"!!! Mary from Northeast Ohio.

• Liked — Wonderful service & hosts
  • Disliked — More of a selection at the snack bar
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Millersburg
Berlin Resort
#1 of 2 in Walnut Creek
Zinck's Inn
Zinck's Inn
#2 of 4 in Berlin

Been to The Barn Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!