“Wonderful Experience”

The Inn at Honey Run
Ranked #4 of 12 Millersburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 June 2013

We stayed in one of the Honeycomb rooms & were pleased with everything about the Inn at Honey Run itself. The staff was gracious & went out of their way to accommodate us, including changing our reservations TWICE, when we had last minute schedule changes. The room was tastefully decorated & comfortable. We loved sitting on the private patio off our room for morning coffee & afternoon wine. The grounds were well maintained & walking trails well marked. Now for the negative part. The food in the Tarragon Restaurant was well prepared with some tasty combinations at dinner, but for the two breakfasts & one dinner we ate there the service was very slow... through no fault of the server. The ratio of one server to ten tables translates to poor service for everyone. Also, the jazz music playing through the speakers was TOO LOUD!

Room Tip: All rooms provide a beautiful nature view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ncsw
honeyrun, Owner at The Inn at Honey Run, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2013

I appreciate your compliments and your honest feedback. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your room and the Guest Service team was accommodating for your reservation needs. I will certainly address your concerns with our Tarragon management and work to improve our service and our pace.

Reviewed 19 June 2013

My husband and I spent a weekend in a Honeycomb Suite at Honey Run. We purchased the deal on Living Social and spent our first anniversary weekend at the inn. The room was beautiful as was the surrounding area. We really enjoyed sitting outside and sitting our morning coffee on our patio.

I had called the inn the week of our stay and requested they add the "Romance at Daybreak" package on to our reservation to surprise my husband with breakfast in bed on Saturday morning. I asked for the breakfast to arrive at 8:30 a.m. When 9:00 a.m. rolled around and our breakfast still hadn't arrived, I finally told my husband what I had tried to arrange, and he called the front desk. They took our order and brought us our food, which arrived around 9:30 a.m., and hour later than planned. The gentleman who brought us the food asked me to sign the reciept as proof that we had received our food but told me "not to worry about the charges." To our surprise, the next morning when we went to check out, we had been billed for the breakfast. My husband called to complain, and the woman he spoke with told him that she was the only one who had the authority to decide whether or not to charge us for the food, and since we had ultimately received it, she was not going to give it to us for free. I was very unhappy about that and we left with a bad taste in our mouth.

I was also less than thrilled with the restaurant. The food was good, but my husband and I are "foodies" and we felt that the food wasn't good enough to justify the high prices. I was also disappointed that none of the staff wished us happy anniversary because I had indicated when I made the reservations that we were celebrating it. I heard another couple wished a happy anniversary by the hostess. The service was also very slow and we were constantly waiting for our water to be refilled.

Sad to say, but I don't think we will return.

3  Thank Kim E
honeyrun, Owner at The Inn at Honey Run, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2013

I apologize our team did not properly greet you and acknowledge your special day. Congratulations on your anniversary, and thank you for selecting our romantic destination to celebrate. We hope you allow us a second chance to provide the loving experience both of you deserve.

Thank you for taking a moment to provide your feedback. I am saddened to hear you were disappointed with your dining experiences, both in-room and in our restaurant, Tarragon. We will certainly address your concerns with our management team and staff to ensure our guests receive the best possible quality and experience in the future.

Reviewed 13 June 2013

We bought a weekend on Living Social. That was a pretty good deal until they had us down for the wrong days and then charged us for one night-they never told us we showed up a day late or that we needed to check out the next morning.They never left any messages to tell us that the room was "booked" for the second night or that we would be charged for it. We would have never stayed and payed almost as much for one night as we did for the whole weekend!!To top it off, our fireplace had to be fixed and the service for breakfast the second day was not good! Our friends were going to stay,but not now!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank gay h

I appreciate your feedback. Our team currently verifies stay information upon check in and provides a courtesy call after check out to our guests who are checking out after 12:00 noon. I will personally review your experience with our team to ensure that these steps were performed during your stay, and review these steps for all future stays.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

My wife and I absolutely LOVE this property nestled in the heart of Ohio Amish country. We always stay in the Honeycomb Suites and try to make the trip at least once a year. The grounds are totally secluded in the woods yet the rooms are luxurious and loaded with amenities like a back "porch" area overlooking the rolling hills, a huge gas fireplace, flat screen satellite TV, wifi and a jacuzzi tub. Add to all that the Tarragon restaurant located right on the property and you have a getaway that is very, very hard to beat. Book a stay...you will NOT be disappointed!

Room Tip: Honeycomb Suites!!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the wonderful compliments! We look forward to your future visits. You may want to consider the winter months for your next visit; the Honeycombs provide gorgeous, snowy views and the perfect warmth for those chilly days.

Reviewed 22 May 2013

Lisa and I recently spent two nights in one of the honeycombs. The room was very nice, everything worked and the view facing east was spectacular, especially at sunrise. This was the second quitest place I have ever been, with the quitest being at the bottom of Carlsbad Cavern with the lights out. I had seen ( on the Inn's website ) that their chef had won some awards, so we were looking forward to some fine dining. Well, on our first evening, as I was trying to order a steak, I was told that the cupboard was bare. My second choice, which was salmon, had also been a no-show. I was told that trout could be substituted for the salmon. The fish was quite good, but the portion was miniscule, with no reduction in price for our inconvenience or the fact that trout is somewhat cheaper to buy than salmon. My wife ordered her $24 hamburger medium rare, but it was presented well done. We complained to our server, but we didn't pursue it further, since we figured that the kitchen would also be out of ground meat. Our server was kind enouigh to ease our pain with a few cookies and a drink on him. On our second night, I finally had my steak which was prepared perfectly; however, parts of it were very difficult to chew. To me, this indicates that the chef does not examine his steaks closely enough. With my steak, I had rosemary frittes, which had no taste whatsoever of rosemary. On this night, the manager was present, so we flagged her down to voice our complaints about my frittes and also that my wife's $26 chicken was scrawny, overcooked and very dry. The mgr quickly went to the kitchen and soon brought us a plate of rosematry frittes which were so salty as to be inedible. We complained further to the mgr and told her that we felt her chef was being vindictive to serve such stuff. Well, we were given free desserts to ease the sting of our meals. A manager worth his or her salt would have given us a substantial decrease in our tab for the evening, but alas, this was not to be. The breakfast was fair at best, with watery oatmeal and fruit which I would have been ashamed to serve to anybody. Of course, there is noplace else to eat within 10 miles of the Inn. Talk about a captive audience.

Room Tip: Stay in one of the catacombs, I mean honeycombs.
4  Thank steve m
Reviewed 15 May 2013

My husband and I went to the Inn at Honey Run for our wedding anniversary. It was a living social deal and I was excited to stay in the honeycombs! We arrived late and the guest staff was very accommodating by moving our dinner reservation back 45 mins. When we checked in our room, we were pleased....it wasn't BIG, but it was nice and cozy and underground! There was a fireplace you could turn on with a switch, which made the room warm and toasty. It was a cold, wet weekend, so the fireplace was used every time we were in the room. We unloaded our bags and went to dinner at Tarragon. We got seated in a corner window seat, showing a great view of the outdoors. I don't know if it was because we were super hungry, but that meal was so good, i could have licked the plate! We started with a crostini that the chef offered as a complimentary start. Then we split the seafood trio appetizer....yum! Then we had a garden salad and warm sweet Amish bread and butter, then MY entree was the duck with a honey chipotle sauce and other amazing sides. Typically after eating an appetizer and salad, i am unable to finish the dinner...but not only did i finish, I went on for dessert. My husband had the lobster/marscapone stuffed raviol in a cream sauce. He really liked it, but he would have liked a larger portion. My husband had the strawberry rhubarb pie with ice cream and i had the upside down apple pie with cinnamon ice cream. All gone..I felt that was one of the best meals i ever had. Although the grounds had many trails that i would have liked to experience, as i said, the weather was cold/wet so we drove into Berlin to do some shopping. We had a blast visiting all the shops and bought all kinds of food/baked goods at the cheese factory (almost got a puppy),and then at the garden and antique shops in town. Couldn't wait to go back to Tarragon on Saturday. Although the meal was good, it wasn't as fabulous as the night before. I had the butcher block special, which was leg of lamb, which I was hoping it would be. I got the last portion available, so that may explain it, but the meat was full of fat. Every bite. I wasn't able to finish it, and left with a stomach ache that night (even after eating the fennel as one of my sides!). My husband had the filet, which he enjoyed. The complimentary breakfast each morning was ample and very good. It included a choice of yogurt/granola or oatmeal, fresh fruit, a pastry of choice, juice and coffee/tea. The first morning we didn't know it was so substantial, so we split the poached egg and asparagus over smoked salmon-(like eggs benedict with no sauce.) It was excellent. I would definitely recommend the Inn at Honey Run for the ambiance, the seclusion, the food and the shopping. I really don't think we even tipped the iceberg for the many things we could have done if the weather was warmer.

Reviewed 9 May 2013

My wife and I spent two nights at the Inn to celebrate her birthday. We stayed in one of the Honeycomb rooms which was a little on the small size for the price, but was nicely decorated, nicely outfitted with flat screen tv, ipod deck, mini refrigerator, Keurig coffee/tea maker, robes, etc. Housekeeping kept the room immaculately clean, and there was a very nice patio area to sit with morning coffee/tea or an evening glass of wine. Overall a reasonable value for the price and a comfortable place to stay. The staff at the inn was friendly and knowledgeable and provided us with excellent directions and advice on where to go and what to see in the area. We also dined on my wife's birthday at the Tarragon restaurant (separate more detailed review in dining section). Simply stated dinner was outstanding. Since it was my wife's birthday we splurged on the Tarragon Culinary tour which consisted of a 6 course meal designed by the Chef and accompanied by optional martini and wine pairings. The ingredients were fresh, the food was prepared perfectly, and the dishes were both flavorful and imaginative. Chef Steve came out with our server (Elizabeth - excellent, attentive and personable) and described each course in detail as it was served. It was every bit the wonderful dining experience that we were hoping for. Our compliments to the Chef and his staff!!

Room Tip: If possible, when staying in the Honeycombs, ask for an end unit. The patio is slightly more privat...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Millersburg
Berlin Resort
Berlin Grande Hotel
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 4 in Millersburg

Been to The Inn at Honey Run? Share your experiences!