“Amazing Stay”

Ranked #4 of 12 Millersburg B&B and Inns
North Muskegon, Michigan
“Amazing Stay”
Reviewed 16 July 2013

With all the traveling we do this place was amazing for getting away with the wife and feeling relaxed and being able to enjoy the peace. The staff was the best I ever had the honor to meet, they even bet the stay and staff at Gaylord Palms in FL. We will be planning many more getaways here. We stayed in the honeycombs and were more than what we expected.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dan R
honeyrun, Owner at The Inn at Honey Run, responded to this review, 2 August 2013
We sincerely appreciate your compliments. It is wonderful to hear you enjoyed your stay in a Honeycomb and the serenity that our natural environment provides our guests. Thank you for taking a moment to share your stay experience!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 8 July 2013

The Inn is a unique property built within the woods near Millersburg. The lovely main building has good-sized rooms, and a pleasant restaurant. Our corner room was spacious, with huge windows, and 2 Stressless armchairs (!). However, the lodge is built so close in to the trees, that even on a sunny day the room was quite dim ... and the chocolate-colored walls made it a bit gloomy. We heard some rooms had been renovated recently, and the result was that while our room had a nice couch and TV and chairs, there was neither bureau nor table. The grounds offer short and pretty walking trails in the woods ... muddy if its been raining, however. The staff were helpful and there is a nice fireplace room with billiard table on the lower floor. We had a tasty dinner in the restaurant one evening.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room in the lodge, or try the Honeycomb. Honeycomb rooms look out onto a small mea...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank allezgently
Thank you for your feedback. The new colors were inspired by our natural surroundings, and I am sorry to hear that they were too dim for your comfort. When reserving a room, our Guest Service team can make suggestions on specific room types that will offer more light or perhaps a lighter version of our natural decor. Thank you for providing tips for reserving to future guests. As you noted, Honeycombs offer a private, outdoor patio space and this exterior place offers the chance to enjoy the sunlight on your patio.
Akron, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 27 June 2013 via mobile

This charming Inn is settled in Amish country surrounded by beautiful vistas and charming trails. We stayed in the honeycombs which were lovely. Food was a bit pricey. The shopping in the local villages was interesting, but way too country and repetitive for me. Bring a book, relax and enjoy the peace at the inn onstead

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Judy H
Thank you for taking a moment and telling us about your stay experiences, and we appreciate your compliments. The local villages do have a variety of country shops, however there are several vineyards, parks, galleries, and art studios available for a future stay if you are looking for something new to see and do. Speak with a representative of our Guest Service team for tour tips!
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 27 June 2013

We stayed in one of the Honeycomb rooms & were pleased with everything about the Inn at Honey Run itself. The staff was gracious & went out of their way to accommodate us, including changing our reservations TWICE, when we had last minute schedule changes. The room was tastefully decorated & comfortable. We loved sitting on the private patio off our room for morning coffee & afternoon wine. The grounds were well maintained & walking trails well marked. Now for the negative part. The food in the Tarragon Restaurant was well prepared with some tasty combinations at dinner, but for the two breakfasts & one dinner we ate there the service was very slow... through no fault of the server. The ratio of one server to ten tables translates to poor service for everyone. Also, the jazz music playing through the speakers was TOO LOUD!

Room Tip: All rooms provide a beautiful nature view.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ncsw
I appreciate your compliments and your honest feedback. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your room and the Guest Service team was accommodating for your reservation needs. I will certainly address your concerns with our Tarragon management and work to improve our service and our pace.
Kettering, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 19 June 2013

My husband and I spent a weekend in a Honeycomb Suite at Honey Run. We purchased the deal on Living Social and spent our first anniversary weekend at the inn. The room was beautiful as was the surrounding area. We really enjoyed sitting outside and sitting our morning coffee on our patio.

I had called the inn the week of our stay and requested they add the "Romance at Daybreak" package on to our reservation to surprise my husband with breakfast in bed on Saturday morning. I asked for the breakfast to arrive at 8:30 a.m. When 9:00 a.m. rolled around and our breakfast still hadn't arrived, I finally told my husband what I had tried to arrange, and he called the front desk. They took our order and brought us our food, which arrived around 9:30 a.m., and hour later than planned. The gentleman who brought us the food asked me to sign the reciept as proof that we had received our food but told me "not to worry about the charges." To our surprise, the next morning when we went to check out, we had been billed for the breakfast. My husband called to complain, and the woman he spoke with told him that she was the only one who had the authority to decide whether or not to charge us for the food, and since we had ultimately received it, she was not going to give it to us for free. I was very unhappy about that and we left with a bad taste in our mouth.

I was also less than thrilled with the restaurant. The food was good, but my husband and I are "foodies" and we felt that the food wasn't good enough to justify the high prices. I was also disappointed that none of the staff wished us happy anniversary because I had indicated when I made the reservations that we were celebrating it. I heard another couple wished a happy anniversary by the hostess. The service was also very slow and we were constantly waiting for our water to be refilled.

Sad to say, but I don't think we will return.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Kim E
honeyrun, Owner at The Inn at Honey Run, responded to this review, 21 June 2013
I apologize our team did not properly greet you and acknowledge your special day. Congratulations on your anniversary, and thank you for selecting our romantic destination to celebrate. We hope you allow us a second chance to provide the loving experience both of you deserve.

Thank you for taking a moment to provide your feedback. I am saddened to hear you were disappointed with your dining experiences, both in-room and in our restaurant, Tarragon. We will certainly address your concerns with our management team and staff to ensure our guests receive the best possible quality and experience in the future.
masssillon
Reviewed 13 June 2013

We bought a weekend on Living Social. That was a pretty good deal until they had us down for the wrong days and then charged us for one night-they never told us we showed up a day late or that we needed to check out the next morning.They never left any messages to tell us that the room was "booked" for the second night or that we would be charged for it. We would have never stayed and payed almost as much for one night as we did for the whole weekend!!To top it off, our fireplace had to be fixed and the service for breakfast the second day was not good! Our friends were going to stay,but not now!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank gay h
I appreciate your feedback. Our team currently verifies stay information upon check in and provides a courtesy call after check out to our guests who are checking out after 12:00 noon. I will personally review your experience with our team to ensure that these steps were performed during your stay, and review these steps for all future stays.
Westlake, Ohio
Reviewed 28 May 2013

My wife and I absolutely LOVE this property nestled in the heart of Ohio Amish country. We always stay in the Honeycomb Suites and try to make the trip at least once a year. The grounds are totally secluded in the woods yet the rooms are luxurious and loaded with amenities like a back "porch" area overlooking the rolling hills, a huge gas fireplace, flat screen satellite TV, wifi and a jacuzzi tub. Add to all that the Tarragon restaurant located right on the property and you have a getaway that is very, very hard to beat. Book a stay...you will NOT be disappointed!

Room Tip: Honeycomb Suites!!!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
honeyrun, Owner at The Inn at Honey Run, responded to this review, 21 June 2013
Thank you for the wonderful compliments! We look forward to your future visits. You may want to consider the winter months for your next visit; the Honeycombs provide gorgeous, snowy views and the perfect warmth for those chilly days.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Millersburg
Berlin Resort
#1 of 4 in Millersburg
Hotel Millersburg
Hotel Millersburg
#2 of 4 in Millersburg

Been to The Inn at Honey Run? Share your experiences!