“Customer service needs improvement”

The Inn at Honey Run
Ranked #4 of 12 Millersburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 November 2013

In my opinion, the only truly positive part of my last stay was the spa studio and massage, (although the time and service appt I made during check in was not communicated with the masseuse, resulting in a 20min wait). I found the rooms and food to be mediocre. The staff seemed almost dismissive. I've stayed at other more "local" and cozy establishments in the area, where the staff/owners seemed more appreciative of their clients. Will not be returning to honey run.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Katepiva89

Reviewed 25 October 2013

Celebrating our anniversary here at Inn at Honey Run. When we pulled up we loved the fall decorations at the entrance. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room is lovely. We have two huge skylights which shows all the autumn colors. The amenities are very nice. The country roads surrounding the Inn are fun to explore.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Beware, the check-in time isn't until 4:00. We arrived around 1:30 after driving six hours and were told we could wait in the lounge until 4:00. The receptionist sounded like a parrot repeating the Inn's check-in policy. She was surrounded by two other staff members who pretended not to notice us. What is the problem? Not enough staff to get the rooms cleaned? Too busy standing by the check-in desk? We had a tour booked for the Amish Backland, which was excellent, at 3:00, so we weren't able to get in the room until later that evening.
For the price, the furnishings in the room were very poor. Mismatched furniture, no bureau, no desk, just a bunch of tables. Oh, and two closets, one without anything in it to hang clothes on... not sure why it is there.
We didn't eat there, so glad we only booked one night.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Pat R
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

My husband & I purchased the living social deal for a long weekend in Amish Country. The inn was very hidden into the woods but easy to find with all the signs. The staff was very helpful and knowledgeable about the area. We stayed in a select room and it was cozy. The complementary breakfast is very good and not your typical cereal and toast selection. Upon our check in to the hotel we were treated with hot apple cider, which was a bonus to our warm welcoming at the inn. The atmosphere is very enjoyable if you are looking to get away form the hustle and bustle of everyday work stress.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2013

The Inn @ Honey Run in Millersburg is gently tucked away in the solitude and privacy of the Amish farmlands with many horse and buggies on the roads nearby, but modern comfort is yours at this country inn and restaurant. Yes, it is expensive, but also it is beautifully decored and so comfortable that I was ready to adopt it as "home". Enjoy softly played classical music while dining in the restaurant to elegant meals set in a "rustic" country setting as you gaze out the windows at the forest glen nearby. There are two comfy leather clad lazy-boys in our room with two sky light windows, a king-sized bed, and a bottle of wine, a Keurig coffee maker with pods of delicious brews, and a shower with perfect heat and soft undulating sprays of water to ease away all stress. When you feel ambitious, go for one of the ten quarter mile hikes available. Some go to hilltops and some go into the woods, while others go along a lake or stream. It was three marvelous days away from stress. These foks on staff make it feel just like home...but better.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2013

This was our first visit to the Inn. We stayed in a Honeycomb room, it was clean, nicely decorated, and cozy. Our balcony overlooked treetops, gorgeous! We had never experience anything like it. The property is very woodsy, lots of walking trails, nice quiet getaway. The restaurant was upscale, food was good, servers were "efficient". The women who seemed to be the one in charge of the dining room, became a little more social, after she served us a few times, which was nice. The rest of the staff was "efficient", which they are trained to be. The people skills were lacking. The guests were much more pleasant then the staff. There was one employee who was just hired there, not too long before our stay, she stood out! She was always smiling, pleasant, informative, helpful, I could go on!! She was very refreshing. I, do, hope, she stays that way. When we arrived, we went to check in, it was before check in time, so we were told our room wasn't ready. Check in was at 4, we got there at 2:45, we thought we would look around a little until they informed us that our room was ready at 3:50. I did request early check in when I made the reservation, but the gentleman I talked to said he would note it, but it was not guaranteed, which we understand. I think the thing that bothered us the most was that when we went to check in, the person that was registering us did what she needed to do, nothing more. I will use that word again, she was "efficient". No pleasantries. After I filled out my information and gave it to her, I stood there waiting, she saw me standing there and didn't bother to tell me that our registration was complete. In fact, my husband came in asked me, if I was done. I said i guess not, she still didn't answer, it took the employee at the other computer to tell me, "oh yes, your registration is complete"! Also, at all the hotels/Inns we have stayed, if you do need to wait, they tell you some things about the property, things to know if you have the time to explore. She said nothing. I saw the "new employee" coming up from downstairs and asked her about the downstairs, she informed me of what was down there and a little history. There was a beautiful sitting area downstairs and attached balcony that was lovely. We would have never known. They had lemonade and homemade biscotti in the lobby area behind the desk, no one bothered to mention it, we didn't notice til we were leaving. Also, a attached balcony/porch off that lobby, nice peaceful place to sit.....I guess the employee at the desk didn't feel it necessary to make us feel welcome. The Inn/property, itself, was a nice experience, but I have to say I have a much more welcoming experience at a hotel chain, then I did at this intimate Inn.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Deb456Cleveland
Reviewed 24 September 2013

My husband and I recently celebrated our 12th wedding anniversary by spending a weekend in one of the honeycomb rooms. The property is secluded and private with simple yet adequate furnishings. The staff was always courteous and willing to assist as needed. Short, well-maintained walking trails throughout the property were very nice. The extra thought to leave umbrellas for use at entrances was great as we endured a rainy Saturday. Bathroom amenities could be upgraded. The whirlpool tub is barely good for one so don't plan on 2 fitting. Not sure why the spa on the property closed but we would have liked to have had that option. The restaurant was average for breakfast and good for dinner - nothing fabulous.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Millersburg
Berlin Resort
Comfort Inn
#1 of 4 in Millersburg
Comfort Suites Berlin Hotel & Conference Center
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dover

Been to The Inn at Honey Run? Share your experiences!