“DIsappointment! Customer Service is Dead at The Inn at Honey Run”

The Inn at Honey Run
Ranked #4 of 12 Millersburg B&B and Inns
Livonia, Michigan
“DIsappointment! Customer Service is Dead at The Inn at Honey Run”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Disappointed and will not return or recommend! Customer service is dead at the Inn at Honey Run. It is a niche inn in a scenic setting so I would not expect it to be inexpensive and I am fine with that. I am willing to pay for an experience. ambiance. What I found unacceptable was the complete lack of customer service from the Inn staff. In mid June this year it was an anniversary stay so I opted for two of their packages, The Film Lover's because it advertised white truffle chocolate popcorn, my wife's favorite and the Romance at Daybreak (room service breakfast). Imagine my surprise when opening the popcorn boxes and tasting plain buttered popcorn. I verified from their own computer that their website still stated that the chocolate popcorn was part of the package. And when we talked to the front desk about it the clerk stated, "ya, I don't think we do the chocolate popcorn anymore". That was all they had to say about it. No apology, no follow-up, no further comment at all. Likewise our 9:30 breakfast in bed arrived at 9:55. We were dressed and moving toward the door of the room to help ourselves to the continental breakfast instead. Again no apology, no comment, no acknowledgement of the 25 minute delay. If I am overpaying for a stay, it is for the customer service and the Inn at Honey Run didn't even deliver McDonald's level customer service. At least McDonald's will acknowledge their mistakes and make an effort to correct or compensate for them.

9 Thank Ken H
honeyrun, Owner at The Inn at Honey Run, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Ken,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we can improve. I am very sorry to hear that you were disappointed during your last stay; we agree that our customer service should be top-notch, and I hope you'll accept my apologies.

We are consistently working to offer a better experience for our guests through ongoing training for staff and improved communication with our guests. The white truffled popcorn, for instance, was flavored with the mushroom variety of truffle, rather than chocolate. Guests told us that they didn't enjoy it, so it was swapped for buttered — this should have been communicated to you, and the package has since been updated on the website.

I hope that if you return to the area, you'll give us a chance to make it right.

Jason Nies
Proprietor, The Inn at Honey Run

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My husband and I celebrated our 44th anniversary at the Inn. It was very peaceful and serene. We enjoyed the seclusion and driving around the countryside. We ate at Tarragon. The food was remarkable however, our waitress failed to tell us about the specials for the evening. We didn't even know there were specials until we heard her tell a few of the tables around us. We would come back because the food was so good. I would recommend this Inn.

West Virginia
Reviewed 28 June 2014

My husband and I recently spent two nights at this inn. We loved everything about it; from the peaceful setting to the excellent meal in the restaurant. We had a package through Travel Zoo. Upon arrival we were greeted warmly at reception; once we were settled in our room, there was a Brut wine and a cheese platter to tide us over until dinner. The room, a superior king, was lovely. Our food was excellent. The server we had was great. The continental breakfast included in our package consisted of fruit, pastries, cereal, juice, coffee or tea. This is an upscale inn and restaurant, not a Holiday Inn, so be prepared to spent accordingly.

Room Tip: The only thing to check is whether your room is on the first floor and on the front of the inn. Tho...
1 Thank MBA100
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We purchased a promotional package through Travelzoo-$239 for 2 nights in an "upgraded superior room" with welcome bottle of sparking wine and cheese tray, wine and appetizer each night during "happy hour" and "continental" breakfast each morning. I am glad that I did not read all of the reviews prior to going there as I might have been a bit apprehensive about what we would get. Instead, I thought it was one of the nicer getaways we have taken (and we travel a lot). We didn't find the reception staff to be unfriendly at all; the room on the lower floor was very comfortable with a nice sitting area with comfortable lounger chairs near big windows with a wooded view; the sparkling wine was fine and the cheese tray was adequate enough to serve as a light dinner our first evening, after enjoying the appetizers and wine beforehand. I enjoyed the complimentary biscotti for my dessert in the evening. I thought the continental breakfast was more than adequate - oatmeal, choice of pastry, coffee, juice and fresh fruit. We enjoyed dinner in the dining room our 2nd evening and my salmon was delicious. Admittedly, it was a bit pricey ($28 for an entree plus an extra $5 for a side dish), but the portion size was good and the entrees were served with a very good salad. The service was attentive but not overbearing. We appreciated the wooded setting and many walking trails. It would be nice sometime to stay in one of the honeycomb rooms that were nestled into a hillside separate from the main inn and dining room.
There is a lot to do and see in the area. We were there on a Wednesday and took advantage of the auction in Mt. Hope - everything from produce to livestock was being auctioned off. The little towns of Berlin and Sugar Creek are well worth a visit. I particularly liked the bulk food stores and Heini's cheese shop.
Based on our experience, I would not hesitate to recommend this Inn, particularly if you can get one of the promotional package deals.

Green Features: There was a mesh basket in our room to deposit recyclables.
4 Thank G1032AJbarbarag
Cortland, Ohio
Reviewed 21 June 2014

This was my husband and my first trip to the Inn at Honey Run. It is on a private, wooded property. The Inn is very pretty, the room (standard king) was very nice. Comfortable bed, great shower, very clean. We had a wine and cheese package. Items in package were not what they had said they would be, but it was still fine. Only recommendation would be that they would not prepare the tray ahead of time. We checked in after 8 pm so the tray with fruit, crackers and cheese had probably been sitting in the room for at least 6 hours. Crackers were not real crisp. Restaurant is very nice. We only had the complimentary sit down continental breakfast of juice, coffee, oatmeal or yogurt with granola, fruit and pastry. It was a nice breakfast for being complimentary. Our room overlooked the woods with a bird feeder outside our window....enjoyable to watch the birds. Staff was great too.

Skytop, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Just spent two nights at this lovely boutique hotel in the heart of Amish country. Everything about the experience was wonderful. The room was large, comfortable and well appointed. Looking out to the woods, with a bird feeder outside the large window and a bird guide book in the room, it was relaxing and entertaining to sit in the big arm chairs eating the cheese and fruit tray and drinking the sparkling wine which was provided by management. As an adult only hotel it was also blessed,y quiet. It is obvious management is striving for an environment of comfortable luxury in serene surroundings which allows a real escape. They have succeeded.
The Tarragon dining room was lovely for breakfast and dinner, and was also serene and relaxing
We found the staff to be professional, pleasant, non intrusive but very helpful.
We really enjoyed this hotel and can't wait to get back!

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My wife and I went here to celebrate out half anniversary. The rooms were quite comfortable and the entire setting was all around relaxing. The staff were all realy friendlyand helpful. If you like to walk trails, there are all sorts of trails to walk around this beautiful Inn that is set back in the woods. All around a great stay.

1 Thank Anonymous376
Also consider these accommodations in or near Millersburg
Berlin Resort
#1 of 4 in Millersburg
Hotel Millersburg
Hotel Millersburg
#2 of 4 in Millersburg

Been to The Inn at Honey Run? Share your experiences!