“Little piece of Switzerland in ohio.”

The Chalet in the Valley
Ranked #3 of 29 Restaurants in Millersburg
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Came here for the first time. Had their special with mushroom sauce and it was delicious. My wife's french pork shanks in bbq sauce was delicious too. Service was good. View of valley and hills adds to ambience.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Had not been here in prob. 15 years. Took the mrs. Both had the buffet. Some items were better than others but overall we liked it and would go back again. Some items were a little salty and straight out of the freezer but the snitzel was as I remembered it. Very good. We drove an hr. And a half from Cleveland to eat here. It was worth it. $15.99 is a bit more than I thought it was but we got our $ worth

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Real nice restaurant I had cheese fondue which was wonderful had a very nice evening and would recommend all this area a must visit at least once

Reviewed 2 April 2014

We've been going to Chalet in the Valley since the 1980's (when we first discovered OAC). I've never been disappointed in the food nor the service! My only disappointment is that they are closed during a few winter months and we have to wait till March to go back. I love the Swiss decor and their food is fantastic (my husband says 'it's the best wurst he ever ate'....I think they've heard that one before). Be prepared to take some of your meal home with you (doggy bag)....they give you a lot! My favorites there are the swiss steak and their wienerschnitzel.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

My 4 children and I decided to visit the cheese factory,and then the chalet. after coming out of the factory we piled into.my truck.only to.discover we were having car trouble. It was pouring down rain cell service was non existent.I was terrified,and frustrated to say the least. We ran across the street to get out of the cold and figure out what to do next. We were greeted at the door by the manager, who after learning ofour situation called us a taxi. He took care to explain that we had not.yet had our meal. He was so calming and helpful. We were seated and treated like royalty enen though we were soaking wet. our meal.was great. The staff kept checking on us to make sure we were ok. The manager offered me his cell phone tocall my husband. Wonderful.people,wonderful food,wonder dining.experience.Well worth every penny.