“Terrible Service-Unfriendly place”

Countryside Campground
“Terrible Service-Unfriendly place”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I booked 3 days and 2 nights. My family and I arrived on Friday night around 8pm (I work til 5pm live about 1 hr away). My family included 2 kids, my aunt, my husband and myself. We were greeted by a man on a golf cart who seemed friendly at first, but immediately inquired about payment in the morning. I thought that was rude to inquire about payment when they have my credit card on file. We pitched our tent, and set a fire right away. We stayed up til about 1am talking/laughing with the kids. I thought 1am was okay being that there was another site up at that time as well. The kids thought it would be fun to sleep in my aunts Ford Flex rather than share a tent with the adults. I thought that would be fun too being that is what I like to do as a kid. My husband woke up at about 6am sick, so he tried to sit up in the car and then came back to bed in the tent at about 8am. At 8:20 or so the thunder was so loud we thought we were going to get rained on. We packed up our site in roughly 30 minutes. I called Snow Snake about our reservations to make the sure the weather would permit our tour. We were okay to keep our reservation so we decided to wait until our friends arrived. When they arrived, I unpacked some food and made breakfast while we waited for our tour to start. My aunt went to the rest room and was approached by one of the ladies working, she claimed that she received complaints that we were up ALL night, slamming car doors, and didn't even bother to sleep in a tent. None of which was true. We felt unwelcomed. When my friends arrived, payment was immediately brought up again. There was no thanks for coming or welcome to the campground. Shortly there after we get another drive by from the golf cart man saying "You better slow down in here! You're going 30 miles an hour!" Well that is flat out not true. That would have been reckless driving in such a small area.
This is by far not my first time camping, and usually everyone is laid back, easy going. Not here! I smiled and waved to people and no one (maybe a couple) waved or smiled back. They made it clear we were outsiders. We didn't stay the 2nd night because we clearly were not welcomed. We went on our tour and came back, grabbed the rest of our things went swimming, and left never to return. For $34 a night, I should be able to sleep in my car if I so choose and we were definitely taking the kids swimming before we left for that price! Not worth the money to be harassed.
This place consists of mostly elderly or older retirement age with RVs/winnebegos. The best part about this place is the cleanliness.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Andrea P

Solo
Business
Boyne Falls, Michigan
Reviewed 28 August 2013

This is an old campground with mostly seasonal campsites. The showers looked clean but smelled moldy. The pool is very small, dirty, and closed at 8:00 p.m. in August and it was 85 degrees at 9:30 p.m. Took a walk by the resevoir and there was trash everywhere, not pretty. We were on an end campsite and could hear all the cars going by on the state highway, didn't get much sleep. The only nice thing about this campground were the others campers, they were extremely nice, never saw any of the hosts except at check in.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank carmen_16823171
Reviewed 13 July 2013

We went in hope for new adventure. What we found was a overly cramped campground. The swimming pool is a lot smaller than lead to believe in pictures, and the tent camping sites are currently being occupied by numerous construction crews. There is no peace, no quiet. And the grass was grown 6 inches deep in the campsite. I m happy to say we ended up having a good weekend at lake o pines right up the road 15 minutes away. :)

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Brittany I
Euclid, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 9 July 2013

We stopped in and spent a night in one of the many RV Rentals at Countryside.Our objective was to get a fell for the park, while looking in this area for a new home for our travel trailer.

The following year we made the move. The folks are friendly and "over-the-top" friendly.

We have a beautiful spot on top of the hill, overlooking much of the park.

Countryside Campground is right on the Mogadore Reservoir AND across the street from the Ohio State Park where you can put in your canoe or kayak, or rent one!

Looking for stuff to do? Kent, OH is a few miles away... always a music, wine or art festival going on. Like to bargain hunt? The Hartville Flea Market, along with Hartville Hardware, (possibly the largest of its kind, anywhere) and the Hartville RV Store nearby. Wineries nearby, too! Plenty to do

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family

Been to Countryside Campground? Share your experiences!