“Great Location”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Monroe
Evansville, Indiana
“Great Location”
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here to shop at the outlets! Conveniently located. Staff were informative and helpful. In the morning we went for breakfast right at the closing. Staff brought us food. We really appreciated. The only thing I would raise is that the bathroom wasn't as clean as it should. There were hair in the corners... I would stay here again because staff were genuine!

Stayed July 2014
Brandy B, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Monroe, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Ellada,

On behalf of the Comfort Inn staff, we would like to say "THANK YOU" for choosing our facility, we are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay, It means a lot to us knowing we have made another guest happy and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Ottawa, Ohio
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Husband, daughter, and I decided to stay at this hotel for our trip to kings Island. The pool was to cold to swim in. The bathroom had hair in tub and on back of the toilet. We woke up in the morning to ants all over the night stand. I could handle a few but this was a lot of ants coming up from behind the night stand and we were on the third floor (HELLO NOT GOOD). I told the front desk and she was very nice and told me I could get a refund. Well 4 phone calls and two weeks later i finally received some of my refund. Will never stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Jennifer,

I would very much like to thank you for bringing to our attention the issue that you and your family experienced while a guest at our hotel. Although we are very dismayed about your stay, hearing from you direct even on a negitive subject is the only way we can learn from our mistakes and for that I would like to thank you for taking the time and sharing with us where we need improvement.

I would like to apologize after reading your comment I can see why you were so upset, ants are and can be a real issue this time of year and hard to detect , sometimes it takes food to bring them out into the open unfortunately, all our rooms are treated for insect issues and we do our best to stay on top of pest control so things like this will not happen.

You had mentioned that it took two weeks for a refund, I again would like to apologize for the misunderstanding nothing was said to our faciliy about a full refund we was contacted about giving only half and we were more then happy to adjust your bill accordingly.

Thank you for your time and bringing this to our attention.

Kind Regards,
Cookstown, New Jersey
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We had booked two nights at separate Red Roof Inn's through Hotels.com. After a terrible night at the Red Roof Inn near Pittsburgh, to the point that my wife refused to spend a second night at another Red Roof Inn. We called Hotels.com and tried to change our next nights reservation from the Red Roof Inn near Monroe to the Comfort Inn in Monroe, Ohio. The supervisor refused to change the reservation and actually hung up the phone on me. I decided to call the Comfort Inn directly.
After explaining to the manager our situation and how Hotels.com refused to change our booking to his hotel, the manager very quickly made us feel welcomed. He gave us an upgraded room at a down rated price - in fact, the same rate we were quoted for the Red Roof in through Hotels.com.
I asked for a possible early check in as my wife and I hadn't slept much the previous night. He assured us we would have a room as soon as we arrived. He actually waited for us to arrive before he left for the day to be sure we were completely satisfied.
The Comfort Inn was listed on Hotels.com for $50 more per night which is why I decided to try the Red Roof Inn's for the first time. I can honestly say, that the next time, I will spend the extra money - it was worth it.
He also recommended that I keep after Hotels.com, as he is sure I will be able to get a refund. We were quite prepared to lose the money if we had to.
We found the facilities to be "top drawer". The next morning's complimentary breakfast was awesome. To my surprise, even hot sausage and scrambled eggs were part of the self serve menu.
We felt welcomed and appreciated at this site. Will definitely recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: My wife would say: "Don't go to bed early and let your husband reserve a room!"
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jim A
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking time from your busy schedule to let us know what a great experience you had while a guest at our facility. We enjoy knowing that we are doing
what is needed to make our guest stay one worthy of return and positive feedback.

It means a lot to us all knowing we made another guest happy. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We spent the nigh there last Saturday and was very pleased. The rooms were clean and comfy. The breakfast the next morning was just what we needed. Would stay there again when in the area which will probably be soon.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Brandy B, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Monroe, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Jean,

On behalf of the Comfort Inn staff, we would like to say "THANK YOU" for choosing our facility, and we are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay, It means a lot to us knowing we have made another guest happy.

Hope we will see you again in the near future.

Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a night to be able to go to Miami Valley Gaming. We were greeted at the front desk with a smile. The check in process was quick. We arrived a little early but they allowed us into our room early. We went to the casino, and when we got back were ready for a good nights sleep. The hotel was very quiet which allowed for some good sleep. The breakfast in the morning was good. Thanks for a nice overnight stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Becky G
Brandy B, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Monroe, responded to this review, 13 January 2015
Dear Guest.

Brandy Burleson
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Me and my husband stayed there last Saturday and visited Miami Valley Gaming which was next door from from Comfort Inn. Excellent service great location. They even had a indoor pool which was very nice. We couldn't make it to the breakfast since we slept over. We will be sure tocheck it out next time. We would definitely recommend to stay at Comfort Inn. Once again thank you for your hospitality.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Brandy B, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Monroe, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking time and letting us know you and your family had a wonderful stay. It's always great to hear feedback from our guest.

Again on behalf of the Comfort Staff thank you.

Brandy
Pikeville, Kentucky
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I stayed at the Comfort Inn over the weekend of 6 April 2014. The rooms were very clean and the motel was quiet as compared to some others. The staff was very accommodating and was receptive to any thing I needed. The area has 2 big flea markets, a mall, good eateries, and a gaming establishment within 5 min. Had a very pleasant stay and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Bryce C
Brandy B, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Monroe, responded to this review, 12 April 2014
Bryce,

Brandy B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monroe
Hampton Inn Middletown
Quality Inn & Suites
#3 of 9 in Franklin
Red Roof Inn & Suites Middletown/Franklin
Fairfield Inn Middletown Monroe

Been to Comfort Inn Monroe? Share your experiences!