“Great expericnce and very quiet”

Best Western Executive Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mount Gilead
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Found this location online as I had to make last decisions on where to stay. Needed a place that was in between some of the properties that I had been sent to look at. Not many dining choices around the hotel (Wendy's and McDonald's), but the breakfast was not bad either. The staff was very friendly at check in and check out. Room was large, clean and comfortable. I was so tired when I got in, I did not care what was available on the TV. Great value for the money!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Beethoven55
There are newer reviews for Best Western Executive Inn

Reviewed 11 December 2013

We stayed at this hotel as it is located almost half way between Columbus and Mansfield, Ohio. The staff were very welcoming and friendly. The hotel was immaculate and clean. Breakfast consisted of waffles which the owner made for us, hot and cold cereal, fruit, various breads/muffins, doughnuts, hot coffee, tea and juices. For the price, it was an amazing deal. There was a subway, a Wendy's and McDonalds close by together with two gas stations. It was a short ride (7 miles) into the town of Mt Gilead which offers other restaurants and supermarkets. Would highly recommend and will definitely stay again!!!!

Room Tip: Second floor always the best as no one above you!!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Karen T
Reviewed 21 September 2013

There are not a lot of choices in Mt. Gilead. This place was good and clean with a strong wi-fi signal in my room. But it's seven miles out of Mt. Gilead. I'd rate it good enough. Two fast-food restaurants are within walking distance, but otherwise, it's out in the country.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Jill K
Ken P, Manager at Best Western Executive Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Dear Jill K,

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment about your recent stay at our property.
Please accept our sincere thanks for giving us the opportunity to serve you. We look forward to your return. Please call me whenever I may be of further assistance.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

By far the nicest hotel we've stayed in. pulled in after mid nite. my daughter and I had a pet in a crate and were exhausted from a drive from Kansas. to say the desk mgr was beyond nice and accommodating is an understatement! The greeting in the morning from the owners relative (I'm sure) was the same! she loved our dog, the room was wonderfully comfortable, the price was more than reasonable and the farewell was wishing us a safe trip. we visit our son in the military and drive from Connecticut to Kansas 3 times a year.
I promised this review to the young lady in the morning and I kept the promise because everything written is true! We will be back in November when we once again head out to the mid west. Bravo Best Western!

Room Tip: I would say that based on our room, you won't be dissatisfied with any room in this hotel
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank GLEN T
Ken P, Manager at Best Western Executive Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2013

We appreciate your kind words, and the fact that you took time to provide us with your valuable feedback. We are honored to have you as our guest and are glad to hear that we were able to make your stay satisfactory. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 16 July 2013

We were only in town for one night so we got the deluxe room with a jacuzzi. We booked online (which, the AAA rate was the same as the "internet only" rate so i mean why am i paying for AAA, but i digress). When I first walked in it smelled like B.O. But the actual lobby was fine. They have a game room but none of the arcade games are turned on. The room was clean and had a nice flat screen tv. The bathroom was huge and the jacuzzi was great. The pool was dirty so we didn't get to swim. I would stay again but wouldn't get the really expensive room because it isn't worth it.

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you so much for taking your time to give us your valuable feedback. Our staff appreciate such great comments. I do apologize for the pool. We do clean the pool everyday but being an outdoor pool it make it hard. Again, thank you so much for your kind words.
We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 9 July 2013

Clean, well appointed, quiet, and near to the interstate. Friendly staff, great free breakfast. Front desk greeting was very welcoming and the owners were very considerate. Will stay here again......Thank you.

Room Tip: No elevator, two story building, ask for first floor if you cannot use the stairs...they are very ac...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ezhax
Ken P, Manager at Best Western Executive Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

Thank you so much for taking your time to give us your valuable feedback. Our staff appreciate such great comments. We strive to exceed our guests' expectations. Reviews such as yours help motivate us further to achieve higher goals. Again, thank you so much for your kind words.
We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 4 July 2013

We enjoyed the stay at Best Western but I had to take calming deep breaths as they checked me in... not the sharpest front desk staff ever. Nice room, decent breakfast, good location for us.

We left a very important piece of a medical device behind and the poor front desk girl had to call her manager to find out how to deal with my phone call. Further, I had to explain about 3 times what I meant by "electrical cord, the part you plug into the wall" and finally had to say "imagine you were plugging in your laptop and then, when you left, you forgot part of the plug in the wall" - that seemed to yield understanding. Also, ZERO empathy when I explained this was an important medical device... a little empathy or sense of urgency goes a long way when the customer sounds urgent. Finally, I explained that we were on road trip vacation and could come by on the way home if they found it, it wasn't until I rated them in the Best Western survey as poor that I heard back via email that they'd found the piece. However, the email said they couldn't get ahold of me, strange when there were no missed calls on the cell phone number I'd given them to call me at on our holiday.

When I arrived home in Canada AFTER our vacation and I had already picked up the piece thanks to the email response to my poor review, I found they'd left a message on my HOME phone.

SO, once again, typical Best Western (decent room, decent food) but the front desk staff... friendly YES, and they try hard but they just aren't on the ball. Even when I went to pick up the device, they thew 1000 excuses at me about emergencies, etc. and while that is lovely, customer service 101 tells me that no customer cares about WHY, they just want results. It would have sat better with me if they'd just said - "Here you go. Glad it was found as it sounded quite urgent" and I would have left happy, all the excuses almost made me think they were making it all up.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your valuable feedback. Our staff strive to exceed our guests' expectations, and it is disappointing to hear that we failed to deliver excellent experience while you were at our Hotel. I apologize for not getting back to you ASAP but we are glad we were able to find the item that you had left behind. I have confronted my staff in both departments regarding this matter. Please allow us an opportunity to serve you in the future and provide you with superior customer care.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Gilead
Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center Bellville
Super 8 Mt. Vernon
Super 8 Mt. Vernon
#5 of 5 in Mount Vernon

Been to Best Western Executive Inn? Share your experiences!