“GREAT PLACE”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Napoleon
Cleveland, Ohio
“GREAT PLACE”
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I really liked this motel. Fantastic staff. Nice country location. Very clean rooms. Good breakfast.
Lots of fields for dog walking. Quiet. Lots of parking. Nice TV selection. Slow interned (1MB). It is worth the stay, so don't pass it by if you are in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank ohiobill2250

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Arlington
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We stayed 2 nights here. It was our first stay in a 2 week Ohio trip. The location was excellent for the work we were there to conduct. The rooms were nice and I found the bed very comfortable.

The breakfast was good and the breakfast lady was helpful and friendly.

The front desk staff was also very helpful and friendly.

Would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Diana W
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 16 March 2013

We were on our way home to Canada and we stopped in this small town. We checked in at 11:00 p.m. and the young man working was very kind and helpful. Our room was very clean and the beds were very comfortable.

The breakfast was not the greatest. They only had cherry or peach yoghart. The orange juice I believe was almost empty (it had that bottom of the container strong taste), the bagels were hard. The lady who was working in the morning made small talk with our 7 year old. The eggs are frozen. I was not impressed with the breakfast.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank floydangel71
vermilion ohio
Reviewed 6 February 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel with a group for a sporting event. We thought the room was spacious, clean, and up to date. Nothing about it felt "worn". The bed was comfortable and the service was great. The only minor glitch was when we went to put items in the mini fridge, I found leftover takeout food left by the previous guest. I would stay here again!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jnpclark
Ontario, New York
Reviewed 26 December 2012

We travel near Napoleon often and decided that we would stay over this time. We chose this hotel for the price because it was cheaper than the one in Wauseon. It was Christmas day and the woman at the front desk was very nice. The hotel and room was very clean. We were glad to have found a hotel that was decent in an area we travel often...until we woke up in the morning. Neither my fiance or I slept well at all and my arthritis in my hips was screaming. The mattress was barely softer than sleeping on the floor! Pillows were slightly better than that. The breakfast ares is small but clean and a nice selection. We were happy with that. If they had better beds we would stay again.

• Stayed December 2012
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 16 September 2012

We stayed there on 2 different nights last week. A weekend night and a week day night. It is an older property with both smoking and non smoking rooms. You can tell it when you walk down the lower hall way. The first non smoking room had a fresh smell. The second floor has all non smoking rooms and the hall smelled fresher. This room while it was a non smoking room still had a smokers odor, especially when the AC unit was turned on. Linens and the bedding was clean and fresh. There wasn't a microwave in the room but it wasn't a big deal. Breakfast was what you would expect at a HIE. Staff was friendly and helpful. We will stay there again if we have the occasion to visit the area.

Room Tip: Not next to vending, ice machine, guest laundry,stairs or elevator.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Indiana, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 September 2012

I have stayed in this particular Holiday Inn Express multiple times. It was always clean and friendly. I'm not sure what has changed but this visit was less than desirable. As a priority club member I was not greeted as such. That was the immediate difference I noticed. All other HI Express' have a special bag waiting for priority club users. I was not so disappointed in that as much as the lack of friendly customer service. After receiving our room keys, we proceeded to our room to find the keys did not work. My husband returned to the desk two times to get the keys to work.
I was also disappointed to find the smoking rooms were on the first floor causing the smoke to rise to the second floor. Due to severe allergies to smoke I will not be staying at this hotel in the future if this is not changed.
The room was not bad. Cleanliness was ok. Edges of carpet need to be cleaned other than that it was fine. Pillows that are advertised and prior experiences at other HI Express's were not as described.
Let's talk breakfast! Or I should say lack thereof. The breakfast area was attended by the front desk clerk who was often too distracted by guests checking out to adequately care for the needs of the breakfast area. The advertised delicious cinnamon rolls never existed at this hotel. There were few choices in the muffins, bagels, etc. there were some eggs with cheese and sausage links, sausage gravy with biscuits, however the biscuits were not fresh. The coffee was not really hot (my arrival time to the breakfast area was 7:45, serving start time 6:30) and there was an empty half and half milk bottle. The breakfast attendant/front desk clerk failed to wipe tables leaving the area less than desirable.
The lobby of the hotel could have been cleaner too. Check out the beautiful glass table! It was so dirty made me feel like not wanting to sit in the area at all.
I can honestly say this is the first time I have been disappointed with this Holiday Inn Express and have deeply considered staying at another location in the future when I visit.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Napoleon
Napoleon Inn & Suites
Best Western Wauseon
Best Western Wauseon
#1 of 3 in Wauseon
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Defiance

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!