“Very nice!”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in New Albany
US
“Very nice!”
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Courtyard during a business trip. The hotel is new and clean; the staff is professional and helpful. My room was spacious and quiet. If I am in Columbus for business, I will definitely stay at this Courtyard.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Sari L, General Manager at Courtyard Columbus New Albany, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am always happy to hear that our staff are meeting the expectations of our guests, and that your room met your standards.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us and we hope to see you in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Cincinnati
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Its a very nice facility, up to date, staffed with very friendly people and provides a high quality sleep! I booked at the last minute, so my price could be reflecting that, but I found it to be more expensive than your average. Still a very pleasant experience!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Will,

I want to apologize for my delayed response to your review of our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel with myself, and others. I was pleased to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and that you were able to get a goodnights sleep.

All of us here at the Courtyard New Albany hope to see you again if your travels bring you to our area in the future.
Canton, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

We were in New Albany for a dance competition. The hotel looks new. It was very stylish in decor the lobby was great, the internet had a good strong signal, the staff was very nice and helpful. The breakfast that we got with the room was made to order and was really good. There are two things that I would change, I was disappointed that the room did not have a microwave and the pool was very small. Other then that it was a wonderful stay.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Hello Angela,

I apologize for my delayed response, but I wanted to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed breakfast in our Bistro and that your experience with our staff was pleasant. If you choose to stay with us again, please keep in mind that while we do not have microwaves as a standard amenity in the rooms you can request that one be brought to you.

Again thank you for thank time out of your day and letting us know that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

The staff was friendly during my stay. The amenities were also very nice. The common area was warm and inviting. The room had a very comfortable bed with all the comforts of home. This is my second stay here and I will definitely stay here again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Sari L, General Manager at Courtyard Columbus New Albany, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Shanadoaha,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review concerning my property! We greatly appreciated the positive feedback and love to hear stories of when our guests enjoy their stay with us.

We strongly agree that our beds are AMAZING and I am pleased to hear you were able to enjoy our public spaces, which I hope included the outdoor terrace and our restaurant the Bistro!

My team and I hope to serve you in the future and appreciate your loyalty to the Marriott brand.
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We are loyal Marriott members and are seriously rewards people! This hotel is newer and very nice. What I love about these properties is the consistency of the room quality, comfort of the beds and cleanliness. It's a little further out in New Albany so don't expect to be close to much.

My major complaint with his hotel is the lack of insulation or sound proofing between the rooms. The first night I heard conversations in the next room, muffled but if I strained to hear I could probably hear what they were saying. The second night was terrible. My neighbors were having sex so loud I could hear all the moans and groans (a few times) until almost 2am. If they weren't getting frisky, they were laughing and having a good time. I'm no hater by any means, good for them, but not on a night when I had bronchitis and just wanted some peace, quiet and rest.

When I expressed my concerns to the front desk upon check out, I was told "sorry." Seemed like a "Sorry not Sorry" apology though. I didn't even get offered a complimentary coffee from the cafe for being up all night.

I will stay again when I'm in town but I will bring my ear plugs!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Please accept my deepest apologies for my delayed response! As a loyal Marriott Rewards Member, we greatly appreciate your loyalty to the Marriott brand and hope to provide a memorable experience each and every stay. However, due to the noise issues you experienced each night, I can understand if this was not the case during your stay with us at the Courtyard by Marriott New Albany.

I have reviewed your review with my entire team and expressed the importance of proper and immediate response to matters of this nature. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and please know it will help us continue to improve in the future!

If, or when, your travels bring you back to the New Albany, OH area please contact me directly at 614.855.1505 so that I can ensure you receive the stay that a loyal Marriott Rewards member is used to.

Again, thank you for your valuable feedback and for taking the time to submit your review.
Phoenix
Reviewed 22 January 2014

This is one of the best Courtyard's that I have visited.

The lobby is the typically Courtyard set-up. The checkin was professional and smooth. The parking is free at this location. I was assigned to a third floor room. It had a couch and lot's of space. The shower was exquisite, almost like being in a spa. The bed was comfortable. I received free WIFI which was fast and the TV had great channels/reception. There was only problem that I found with the room, the guest in the next room either talked so loud or the walls were not properly sound proofed that I could hear his entire conversation down to every gory detail. When, I talked to the front desk, they offered to call the gentleman to ask him to lower his voice. I advised the front desk that I would wait, go out and if it was still loud on my return, I would take them up on a room change.When, I returned in the evening,I could not hear him. The heating in the room was excellent as it was freezing.

I had breakfast, which was a Mcmuffin type sandwich and coffee after working out in the gym in the morning. it was good, for a standard breakfast. The gym had limited equipment, but it was not crowded. It was all brand new. They had an indoor pool and whirlpool that was available, but I didn't use.

I didn't use the bar at night, but it seemed very lively.

I was there for two nights and was impressed. The New Albany area is very rustic and charming. There are many eating locations near the hotel. If the weather was warmer, you could walk to a few.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Escapefromthedesert
Dear Valued Guest,

I apologize deeply for my delayed response, but wanted to take a minute to thank you for your gracious review! We strive to provide a pleasant stay during each guest's stay and I am pleased to hear we were able to do this for you.

All of us here at the Courtyard by Marriott New Albany hope to see you in the future if your travels were to bring you back through New Albany, OH.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write your review and provide the important feedback!
Roselle Park, New Jersey
Reviewed 13 November 2013

New hotel- great location. Very clean and everyone was very friendly and helpful.
The shower is amazing!!
I ate at the hotel dinner and breakfast and the food was fresh and tasty!
I will stay here again and highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Sari L, Manager at Courtyard Columbus New Albany, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Jen,

We agree, the showers are AMAZING! It is certainly great to hear your stay was enjoyable. The offerings in the Bistro are a fantastic addition to the new Courtyard Refreshing Business concept. It is also a pleasure to hear you were welcomed and attened to by our staff!

We thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to New Albany!
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Albany
#13 of 143 in Columbus
Courtyard Newark Granville
Extended Stay America - Columbus - Easton
WoodSpring Suites Columbus Easton

Been to Courtyard Columbus New Albany? Share your experiences!