“Don't be afraid 'cause it's cheap”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Golden Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in New Paris
The Golden Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in New Paris
South Jersey
“Don't be afraid 'cause it's cheap”
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Clean modest lodging run by friendly caring people. You can hear the whistle blow (Norfolk Southern, ex-PRR) through the bathroom window, which is very coool for me. Hummingbird feeders out front, I like hummingbirds. Quiet, the National Pike like dies after 9PM
Gave me a fantastico Mexican eatery in Richmond. I'LL BE BACK......

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank wilburthebud

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 25 March 2013

I've stayed here multiple times and was surprised to see that I hadn't already reviewed. I guess this was my first visit since I got serious about feeding TripAdvisor. It's a basic well maintained classic with friendly and caring owners. There are a couple of good restaurants in New Paris and Richmond, IN, is close enough to visit yet far enough away to not be bothersome. In the right kind of weather, sitting outside and watching cars pass on US 40/National Road is quite pleasant and there is even a bypassed but drivable section of the old road right across the intersection. This place was a little ahead of the curve with wired high speed internet already in place by my first stay in 2006. Wifi has since been added so you have your choice. Fridge, microwave, and cable TV, too.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Denny G
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 29 July 2012

As I was approaching Richmond, Indiana, I brought up reviews for area hotels/motels and this place popped up with several good reviews, so I thought I'd check it out. So glad I did! It's only a mile from Richmond (at the first Indiana exit as you head west) and it was a breath of fresh air. It is an old-style motel, but with great updates - I had free wifi and a large flat screen tv in my room.The rooms are clean and the place was quiet and restful. I thought the owners were very nice and helpful, too.

Room Tip: I had a room with a king-size bed and it was so comfortable.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank wendy c c
Troy, New York
Reviewed 11 April 2012

The tile work in the bathroom is an absolute gem. you just don't see it anymore, except at an old time diner. I know it is incredibly geeky of me, but it's the best thing I remember about the place. Like it was said, the motel was built in 1950 and is on the National Road, US Rt 40. the owner was a nice fellow and the prices are very reasonable, two more plusses. The room is clean, it's not incredibly up to date like those high priced chains(with the high priced beds with month old everything), but it is clean and comfortable and it is far far from ratty. Everything I saw was well maintained. More than saying I would stay here again, I'm trying to figure out how I can take my next trip from NY to Minnesota and stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank NYDiners
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed 22 March 2012

I am in the area doing genealogy and I am staying here at the Golden Inn. It is not one of those cookie cutter chains. I feel like I am at home here. The rooms are quite comfortable, I have fast high speed internet for doing my genealogy searches online, and my room has a large flat screen tv. It is quiet and there are plenty of restaurants nearby, and New Paris has a really nice antique mall, too. I would recommend this motel to anyone looking for a good value and a comfortable room.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Katie W
Columbia, Maryland
Reviewed 15 May 2011

The Golden Inn is a much more economical choice in compared to all the other chain hotels in Richmond, IN. It is conveniently located right on route 40, just across the state line from Indiana. I stayed in a single room for $50. The front desk personnel was friendly, helpful, but not over bearing. The room was nice. There was a musty smell in the room, but it also was very humid the day/evening I stayed. Besides that, I loved the place. It had a frig, microwave, flat screen TV with all the regular cable stations, wired internet access, air conditioning, ceiling fan, alarm clock, phone, outlets everywhere. The shower had great water pressure.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank FindingQuiet
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 18 November 2010

We booked a non-smoking room after looking at their website. The price can't be beat in the immediate area and the location is a bit off the busy I-70 interchange so is very quiet. The motel sits on the old National Road (US 40) just south of New Paris, Ohio and a few miles east of Richmond, Indiana. It was originally built in 1950 but has been carefully maintained by the couple who own and operate it. They have installed some very nice upgrades: wall-mounted, flat-screen cable TV's, small refrigerators and microwaves in each room, telephones with free calling both locally and long-distance, and portable heaters to supplement the old heating systems.

The bathroom is small with a free-standing sink and a shower stall. The bathroom window can be cranked open for fresh air. No supplies are offered like soap or shampoo. Overall, the bathroom looked old and dated but clean.

The room was relatively small but fine for the two of us. It had an overhead fan and a comfortable king bed, also a table with two chairs. We slept fine but could hear the people in the adjacent room talking first thing in the morning.

I would recommend this motel for people who want to pay a little less, get the basics with no frills other than the amenities I have mentioned, and don't mind if the room is small and a bit dated-looking. If all the rooms are the same size as ours, I'd have to advise families with children to look elsewhere because there just isn't enough room for more than two. The people who operate the place are great, and will do what they can to make you feel comfortable. It's a "vintage" motel that still has a lot to offer.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
#3 of 10 in Richmond
Motel 6 Richmond
Motel 6 Richmond
#7 of 10 in Richmond

Been to The Golden Inn? Share your experiences!