“Adorable little country inn”
Review of The Golden Inn

The Golden Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in New Paris
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Imagine a quaint little 50s hotel in the country with lovely grounds, apple trees, hummingbird feeders, flower boxes, and an electric candle in each window. The rooms are a little small, as was the norm when the hotel was built, but they are clean, comfortable, and have all the modern conveniences like AC, flat screen TV, and wifi. The owners are the absolute sweetest, most caring people in the world. LOVED my stay here.

We actually called in desperation late Friday night because our hotel in Richmond, IN, was so horrible, and the owner let us move in right away. I highly recommend this hotel. My only negative would be that there is no coffee on site, but I quickly found the nearest struck stop with coffee to go (about a 2 minute drive).

Consider this cute place as an alternative to hotels in Richmond. MUCH cheaper, and much nicer.

Room Tip: Number 4 is a smoking room (Ohio is still allowed to have a few), but it is HUGE!!!! Didn't noti...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 30 July 2013

I usually don't rate hotels but in this case it is called for - If you want a super clean, well maintained huge room, this is the spot! The price is more than fair, its nice & quiet. There's even a walking path on the grounds, flowerpots and a candle in the window! Owners go out of the way to make it feel like home - thanks for everything Jeff & LeeAnn - I'll see you next year!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank captfantastic129
Reviewed 18 July 2013

This inn has exceeded our expectations! We are regulars here, even though there are many other accomodations nearby. The rooms are very clean, the rates are good, and the owners are so friendly. We'll be back many more times!
Ben & Chris P.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Clean modest lodging run by friendly caring people. You can hear the whistle blow (Norfolk Southern, ex-PRR) through the bathroom window, which is very coool for me. Hummingbird feeders out front, I like hummingbirds. Quiet, the National Pike like dies after 9PM
Gave me a fantastico Mexican eatery in Richmond. I'LL BE BACK......

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank wilburthebud
Reviewed 25 March 2013

I've stayed here multiple times and was surprised to see that I hadn't already reviewed. I guess this was my first visit since I got serious about feeding TripAdvisor. It's a basic well maintained classic with friendly and caring owners. There are a couple of good restaurants in New Paris and Richmond, IN, is close enough to visit yet far enough away to not be bothersome. In the right kind of weather, sitting outside and watching cars pass on US 40/National Road is quite pleasant and there is even a bypassed but drivable section of the old road right across the intersection. This place was a little ahead of the curve with wired high speed internet already in place by my first stay in 2006. Wifi has since been added so you have your choice. Fridge, microwave, and cable TV, too.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Denny G
Reviewed 29 July 2012

As I was approaching Richmond, Indiana, I brought up reviews for area hotels/motels and this place popped up with several good reviews, so I thought I'd check it out. So glad I did! It's only a mile from Richmond (at the first Indiana exit as you head west) and it was a breath of fresh air. It is an old-style motel, but with great updates - I had free wifi and a large flat screen tv in my room.The rooms are clean and the place was quiet and restful. I thought the owners were very nice and helpful, too.

Room Tip: I had a room with a king-size bed and it was so comfortable.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank wendy c c
Reviewed 11 April 2012

The tile work in the bathroom is an absolute gem. you just don't see it anymore, except at an old time diner. I know it is incredibly geeky of me, but it's the best thing I remember about the place. Like it was said, the motel was built in 1950 and is on the National Road, US Rt 40. the owner was a nice fellow and the prices are very reasonable, two more plusses. The room is clean, it's not incredibly up to date like those high priced chains(with the high priced beds with month old everything), but it is clean and comfortable and it is far far from ratty. Everything I saw was well maintained. More than saying I would stay here again, I'm trying to figure out how I can take my next trip from NY to Minnesota and stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
#1 of 2 in New Paris
Richmond Inn & Suites
Richmond Inn & Suites
#5 of 10 in Richmond

Been to The Golden Inn? Share your experiences!