“Excellent Hotel for the $”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites New Philadelphia
Reviewed 30 January 2014

This is an excellent hotel for traveling families. Right off the interstate, close to restaurants and convenience stores. The room was updated and very clean, and there was a nice comfortable area near the lobby where guests could get a hot breakfast. The indoor pool is perfect for children, even young children. It has a decent 1 ft - kiddie pool area complete with a tall shower-fountain and buckets emptying periodically from the ceiling.

The only downside is that New Philadelphia isn't exactly a destination - there's just nothing much to do or see there. Amish Country, which is really 30-60 minutes to the west, is the only attraction that might induce visitors. If it weren't for snowy conditions slowing our travels, we wouldn't have happened upon this nice little gem.

Room Tip: No need to pack or worry about pool towels - they are provided in the pool area, which is open 6am t...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Yet another trip to New Philly. I think the HIE at New Philly is the place to stay if you are in town. The staff takes excellent care of you from the moment you walk in till the breakfast where they refill your coffee. The place is always clean and neat. This cannot be said for a few other "chains" in town.

Room Tip: I have stayed here many nights and have never had a problem in any room.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites New Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Dear Jim R,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are pleased to read your kind words regarding our staff. We would like to address your experience further, and have sent you an email with additional details.

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to your next visit.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 4 January 2014

This hotel has a newer feel and a nice modern design especially in the breakfast/lounge where they have hightop tables with electrical outlets for business travelers. However there were no "extras" for priority members. I am used to getting a small bottle of water or a snack. There were no towels poolside. Also there were not any different rooms types (I.e. executive suites) or rooms with whirlpool tubs like some of the other Holiday Inn properties have.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites New Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear J F,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am delighted to hear that you liked our hotel facilities in particular the breakfast area. Our hotel is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. However, I am sorry that you did not receive any freebie as an IHG Rewards Club member. Please accept our sincere apologies for falling short of your expectations. Your patronage and support to the hotel is very important to us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

We value you as an IHG Rewards Club member and hope you will continue to choose IHG for your future travel needs.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 19 November 2013

We found this Hotel to be very clean and modern. It is either new or newly renovated. Our check in was efficient and the staff was very friendly and helpful. We will make it a point to stay here when in the area.
The hotel is a good value. We highly recommend it!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed one night in a king suite and found this to be a wonderful hotel. Front desk lady was very friendly. The hotel is only 3 years old and very well taken care of. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Comfortable, clean, stylish. Plenty of towels, nice flatscreen, fridge, microwave. Great shower. Very good breakfast. My children met us here and we watched football in a small lounge with a lovely huge flatscreen. The whole place seemed new. Excellent for the cost. The woman at the desk (sorry forgot her name) directed us to a nice restaurant right next door.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Our family rented 3 queen rooms on Friday, October 18. Either it is a relatively new hotel or has been recently renovated. I found everything to be in excellent condition AND VERY CLEAN, which is usually my #1 complaint. Beds extremely comfortable. I hate the sound of the window AC making a lot of noise while I'm trying to sleep, so I was delighted that these rooms had wall thermostats and not much noise emanating from the units. Towels were plentiful, larger flatscreen TV, two pillow choices (soft/firm) for each person in the room. I wasn't afraid to walk on the carpet as I am on most hotel visits. Breakfast buffet - for a hotel - was very good. All the usual food, but it was very fresh and hot. Hot cinnamon rolls were a nice change from the dry, cold pastries you usually find. The front desk staff was very nice, helped us with directions to different places. Would definitely stay there again. We had 2 little children with us and they loved the pool. It had fountains that shot water in the air, a mushroom that poured water down, buckets that filled and dumped on them. They had a blast.

Room Tip: My room 316 was on the third floor just past the elevator. Although I don't like to stay near e...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Philadelphia
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Dover, OH
Hampton Inn New Philadelphia
Hampton Inn New Philadelphia
#1 of 6 in New Philadelphia
The Schoenbrunn Inn & Conference Center
The Schoenbrunn Inn & Conference...
#4 of 6 in New Philadelphia
Comfort Suites Berlin Hotel & Conference Center
The Wallhouse Hotel
The Wallhouse Hotel
#1 of 2 in Walnut Creek
Berlin Grande Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites New Philadelphia? Share your experiences!