“Great place to stay solo or take the family!”

The Schoenbrunn Inn & Conference Center
“Great place to stay solo or take the family!”
Reviewed 30 January 2013

I stayed here last weekend with my girlfriend and we really enjoyed ourselves. The staff was extremely friendly and very quick to respond to all of our needs and requests. The free breakfast every morning was much better than your typical "continental breakfast" and the indoor pool, sauna, hot tub and excercise room gave us plenty to do on a cold and snowy day when we didn't want to go too far. Their location right off I-77 and close to a handful of local restaurants and other attractions was an added bonus. Karen at the front desk pointed out some local wineries where we could do tastings. We had a great time and are sure to stay here again next time we are in the area. A+

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank westleybagginman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
New Philadelphia, Ohio
Reviewed 13 January 2013

The service is excellent and they are willing to help whenever they can. Karen especially comes to mind. She is a friendly person that will go above and beyond the typical service requirements to ensure you have an enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Just avoid rooms 232 through 235. They are over or close to being over the bar which can get loud a...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Mifflinburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 January 2013

all staff are really nice and make you feel like you are at home. front desk clerk karen is especially wonderful and really sweet too us. pub atmosphere is incredible after a hard day at work. charlene is great at her job. Every thing is good but you need more food options.

Room Tip: all room are nice and clean..
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
urbana
Reviewed 9 January 2013

I am sad to say that my experiene with this hotel was horrible. It was decently clean with nice sized room and a small bar and nice pool area. However my second night staying there made me want to leave and check into another hotel.
About 11 pm on Saturday night we could hear people outside our room talking loudly and they appeared to be smoking. Our room was on the main floor with a window facing a corridor that led to an outside entrance with the other wall belonging to the pool area. I do not smoke and therefore did not appreciate the noise or the odor from it. Upon watching these people they were obviously sharing drugs with one another using a special pipe. I also witnessed a man approach the 3 other people and litterally sell them a bag of what appeared to be rocks, they then went on about smoking it and getting louder.
We called the front desk and told them what was going on outside of my window and the clerk assured us that they would look into the incident etc. Within a minute or so the clerk opened the door to that area and politely told the people to quiet down or move on as there was a guest complaint....ARE YOU KIDDING ME? There were illegal drugs being consumed and sold on the property and they just condoned the behavoir/activity. The staff did not call the police.
I promptly called the local police and they did a drive by asking for the people to move on... I was fearful the rest of the night, since I didn't know if the clerk would tell the druggies what room made the complaint etc.
In the morning I told the desk clerk what had happened the night before and she said that she didn't know anything about it....she said that maybe it was someone from the wedding party that was booked there etc....I don't care who they were or why they were doing illegal drugs outside my room- it was illegal and I was unhappy.
The clerk offered for the manager to call me the following week as she was off on vacation til then. I still have never heard from anyone about this. I spent over 100 per night to stay there and ended up feeling unsafe and then dis-respected by the staff and its managers. They never offered to do anything about the staff member (that was in my mind protecting drug dealers and users), and they didn't make an effort to make it right with me.
Never Again Would I Stay there!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank holli e
Reviewed 25 November 2012

Room 101 has view of dirty block walkway with security light which lights entire room and can not be blocked out for sleeping. Some type of heavy metal door slamming as workers enter and exit during sleeping hours. Front desk and manager very defensive when asked about room change and billing at check out

• Stayed November 2012
5 Thank john4nc
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 24 August 2012

Had a family function there last weekend and couldn't be more satisfied. Staff was great, rooms were clean, proximity to pool, exercise room and hospitality suite was good. In fact, everything was so good we booked again for next year. Really enjoyed our stay. Well done, staff!!!! Betsy D.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
hunter ohio
Reviewed 5 August 2012

staff was Great!!! room was very nice and the breakfast was good. clean rooms clean beds!!! I slept like a baby. Had a smoking room but couldn't tell. many resturaunts close buy. has a good size fridge and micowave. room even comes with popcorn.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank mike d
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Philadelphia
Holiday Inn Express & Suites New Philadelphia
Holiday Inn Express & Suites New...
#3 of 6 in New Philadelphia
#2 of 3 in Dover
The Wallhouse Hotel
The Wallhouse Hotel
#1 of 2 in Walnut Creek

Been to The Schoenbrunn Inn & Conference Center? Share your experiences!