“Wonderfully romantic and peaceful!!”

Cherry Ridge Retreat
Reviewed 7 June 2013

I cannot say enough about this incredible place! My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary and a much needed get-away and Cherry Ridge was the perfect choice! We felt like we had the entire place to ourselves. We never saw another person during our stay. The cabin was so clean, cozy and stocked with everything you could need (except coffee filters, a little thing that I was surprised was not in the kitchen. But we made do with a paper towel! ). The bed was so comfortable and we slept great! We were not even through our two night stay when I was planning our next trip back! Come and stay. You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: May 2013
Greg G, Owner at Cherry Ridge Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2013

Thank you Karen. All of us at Cherry Ridge Retreat appreciate your kind words. Sorry about the coffee filters - we provide them and must have overlooked checking our inventory at your accommodation. I can't imagine going without my coffee in the morning and am not sure I would have thought to use a paper towel - very creative! Take care and we look forward to your next visit.

There are newer reviews for Cherry Ridge Retreat

Reviewed 1 June 2013

This was our 7'th visit to Cherry Ridge Retreat and our 5'th stay at the Boat House. I am reeling at the recent 3 Star Rating of the Boat House and wondering if they are confusing Cherry Ridge Retreat with some other resort. The Boat House is amazing and ownership seems to have thought of everything as it relates to privacy, seclusion and 1'st class amenities. The guests we have encountered at the Lake House have always been respectful if and when we see them or hear them and never have we felt our visit compromised in sharing lake frontage with the Lake House. Cherry Ridge is amazing and the Boat House in particular is one of a kind. Kudos to Cherry Ridge Retreat - every visit is better than the last as they always are re-investing and making things better.

Room Tip: Stay at Cherry Ridge Retreat as every accommodation is special and unique.
1  Thank DCKJAG
Greg G, Owner at Cherry Ridge Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

Thank you for your kind words. It reminds us that our efforts don't go un-noticed.

Reviewed 30 May 2013

I just returned from another great trip at Cherry Ridge Retreat! We have stayed in the Boat House for the last 3 years and we wouldn't want to stay anywhere else! This place is absolutely beautiful and I couldn't ask for anything more.

Every time we go I have never had an issue with seclusion or privacy at the Boat House. It's unfortunate that someone reviewed and complained about a problem that would never be an issue - as the Boat House is still very private.

The owner's and manger's are outstanding and make our stay memorable each time we go!

Anyone looking to stay at a luxury cabin in the Hocking Hills area - this is the place to go!

I look forward to my next trip to Cherry Ridge - to find out what else is new and to have complete relaxation!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

We value your opinion and appreciate the time you took to comment. Looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

Regarding the 5/25/13 Review titled “Misguided on Boat House” – I couldn’t disagree more. My husband and I are frequent guests at Cherry Ridge Retreat and our absolute favorite accommodation is the Boat House. We recently completed our 4’th stay at the Boat House. The web site is anything but misleading as it shows a beautiful picture of the Boat House at dusk with the Lake House in the background. A second picture taken from the Lake House Gazebo shows the Boat House private dock and pergola in the background. The web site also says that each of these accommodations shares Lake Frontage and that every effort has been made to assure a private and serene experience. And boy - have they! Suggesting that the Boat House is only a car length away is just wrong. I would say they are close, kind of like a street in front of your house, but every effort has been made through mounding and landscaping to provide discreet and tasteful separation. As I understand it, the Boat House was originally designed as a Guest House for the Owner’s home, i.e. the Lake House and now both are available for rent. Additionally, everything to do and see if staying at the Boat House is either behind the boat House – totally private with hot tub, 2-tier gold fish pond with waterfall feature, picnic area with wrought iron furniture, hammock, fire pit (wood included) and beautiful gardens ---or down on the lake with private dock, sauna with changing room overlooking the lake, covered bar and clematis covered pergola over a dining table at the end of the dock. Ownership has even strategically positioned a fountain on the lake between the amenities on the lake so as to produce “white noise” which makes it impossible to hear what Lake House guests might be discussing if they happen to be on the lake. Yes, you may hear talking and happy laughter, but it certainly isn’t a bother. Each time we have been checked-in to the Boat House we have been reminded that music is not permitted on the lake and to please turn the lights off on the dock when finished at night so as to keep everything as natural as possible. Frankly, I am not aware of anything in the area that comes close to the standard set at Cherry Ridge Retreat and if I were “Misguided on Boat House” I would feel embarrassed about writing such a review especially considering no one was even staying at the Lake House! Nothing like complaining about something that hasn’t even happened and in the case of Cherry Ridge Retreat, it doesn’t happen! I hope this helps whoever might be reading this as I hate seeing anything as nice as Cherry Ridge Retreat tarnished.

1  Thank cheryl1185

Wow! You thought of things I had forgotten. Thank you so much for your in-depth analysis of "Misguided on Boathouse" We do try hard and are always on the hunt to be better. See you soon!

Reviewed 25 May 2013

While the property was beautiful we were VERY disappointed that the Boat House is NOT secluded as the website lead us to believe. The Boathouse and Lakehouse are 1 car length away from each other. Fortunately for us, there was no one staying at the Lakehouse while we were at the Boathouse. I did express my concerns to Matt who offered me a full refund. We did stay since there was no occupancy at the Lakehouse. If you want a quiet, secluded luxury cabin - please ask if the Lakehouse is rented. Lakehouse accommodates 8 people. If we had to listen to 8 people for 3 days - I would have asked for my money back.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Jennifer M

I've given your posting a chance to air as I contemplated a response. Glad I did as I see 3 straight postings defending our guests' experiences at the Boat House. Their comments validate our efforts and make me feel that all of the hard work and thoughtful consideration is worth it. I do understand your concern that with 8 guests at the Lake House voices may be heard. We do remind all of our guests to be sensitive to their surroundings and I think that mostly works. But I will also say that if your expectation is to not see or hear another soul then there probably isn't a "resort" anywhere I can think of where that is possible. I would also vigorously defend our web site as truthful, informative and representative of what we offer. Good luck in your future travels.

Reviewed 17 May 2013

Cherry Ridge retreat was more than we had expected. Our cabin was beautiful. Everything was simple and elegant. The grounds were spectacular. We felt secluded from the outside world, yet if we wanted city life, it was not far away. we are looking forward to another visit in the near future.

Reviewed 14 May 2013

We had a wonderful weekend at the Lake house. The house was beautiful, the outdoor space was excellent and the amenities were great. I was able to spend a quiet weekend with my nieces and from making a fire, to relaxing in the hot tub, to enjoying the amazing kitchen, I couldn't have asked for more. Thank you to everyone at Cherry Ridge for making us feel so welcome. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
#2 of 10 in Athens
Hometown Inn
Hometown Inn
#7 of 10 in Athens

Been to Cherry Ridge Retreat? Share your experiences!