“Heaven On Earth”

and 1 more site!
Cherry Ridge Retreat
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I just returned from a deployment overseas and my girlfriend and I stayed in the Whipering Pines cabin this past weekend. It was amazing. The cabin was immaculate. The kitchen had everything we needed to cook delicious meals during our stay. The kitchen even included a blender and coffee bean grinder! The cabin smelled amazing and was incredibly cozy! We loved the hot tub which was just a few steps outside the master bedroom. The few staff members I spoke to were extremely friendly and helpful! We can't wait to come back again! It was like an amazing home away from home. Highly recommend, and I have stayed all over the world in amazing accommodations in France and Belguim and Cherry Ridge is in my top 3 favorites!!!!:)

Room Tip: Make sure you carefully read all documents because the amazing people at Cherry Ridge do a great job...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 October 2013

We've now stayed at three different properties at Cherry Ridge Retreat in 2013, winter, spring, and fall. Each time we've enjoyed the opportunity to relax in these well-appointed cottages, and we've loved the amazing surroundings (hiking, birds, squirrels, fish, etc.). We enjoyed the opportunities to sit by the fire (indoors and out) and enjoy each other's company, to try out a hot tub for the first time, and to make awesome meals in the terrific kitchens. I've recommended Cherry Ridge to friends and family. And we'll be back!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2013

My husband and I stayed in the Boathouse for a weekend and it was absolutely perfect. Even though the Lake House is nearby, you don't ever see anyone and they can't see you. It was so much fun to have a private lake to row on, a hot tub, a sauna, and such a comfy place to relax. We went hiking and sat by the fire every night. I have never felt so carefree in my entire life. Everything you could ever need is provided. We absolutely cannot wait to go back and I cannot say enough good things!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2013

me and my wife went on our anniversary here.the location is great and its private.I served in the military and I'm very picky about quality and action to detail.the owner has high standards and met my expectations.matt was very kind and went out of his way to help me that will never be forgotten.the updates were wonderful in the boathouse.the bedwas very comfortable in the living space was just enough plus some!I like the tastes of the ownerand the furniture work selected for each cabin.I would bring the camera the views are awesome!the owner opened his home to watch the Steelers game when the satellite was acting up which was a addressed quickly.the little things like that shows the care the staff has to make you happy.Matt or someone dropped off extra supplies to accommodate me for the fire at night again great service.I really appreciate all the hard work that goes into this place!I can relate to the owner I have high standards as well don't ever lose that or compromise for junk or low-quality furniturer ect in the cottages.I saw every day someone doing something to the propertyto maintain and keep it looking good awesome! I felt the fire pit and all of the amenities were nicely labeled and good quality.we will be back I look forward to it.I labeled it very good.I don't have any major complaints just a few suggestions.in my opinion put a bigger television in the living room in the boat house.I would get about the same size as the bedroom at least.I have a logitech universal remote that controls everything including surround sound.it might not be a bad idea to upgrade so there's not so many controllers.I would get a blueray player it works wonderful with what I mentioned.the universal remote will not only control up to 10 to 15 devices but gives you room to add later and will probably be easier for all guests including elderly couples.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 17 September 2013

September 2013...My wife wanted to get together in a peaceful place for a small reunion with her college friends from 30 years ago. We had been to Hocking Hills before and knew it the location would work out. We could not return to the same cottages we used before however because of the size of our group (14). So I looked for somewhere new. After a lot of searching we discovered Cherry Ridge Retreat. We ended up renting Still Waters Cottage, The Boathouse, and the Lake House.

Our choice was perfect. CRR was absolutely wonderful and helped make our get together a huge success.

First all the cottages were better than described. Wendy and I own a vacation rental property in Ocean Isle Beach NC so we are very much take notice of the details. Well built, clean, well maintained, and beautifully decorated they exceeded our expectation. They were all well appointed and had everything, equipment wise, we needed to prepared our meals.

Each cottage had its own fire pit, upscale BBQ grill, and jacuzzi. Each had it own secluded sitting areas for getting away from the main group when desired. All were wonderfully landscaped and fit perfectly into their natural surroundings. The Lake House and The Boat House had their own private docks and gazebos. Again I can't say enough about how beautiful the houses and grounds were.

The bedding and linens were very comfortable and clean. No one in our diverse group of fussy individuals had any challenges with sleeping or comfort. No allergy problems either with any of the accommodations. The wireless worked well as did all other mechanical items and electronics.

In regards to the staff, Wendy and I arrived right at check in time and although there wasn't any one in the office a gentleman came over and greeted us and made sure we found our keys that were left out for us and directed us to our cottages. He was friendly, helpful and polite. The cottages were all ready on time and the owner came about a half hour later to do final paperwork and give us some helpful hints about the houses. The owners were also quick to remedy a self made problem when one of our couples locked themselves out of their bedroom. A simple message left at the office solved the problem a short time later. They were great hosts staying sight unseen and giving us the privacy we desired.

Check out was simple, we returned the cottages back to their original condition locked up and left the keys at the office.

All in all, we could not have been more pleased. Wendy and I plan on returning just the two of us and renting the Boat House for a long weekend retreat next spring.

Room Tip: CRR is off the beaten trail so following their provided directions is a must. We had no problem fin...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank fasterthanlight
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Cherry Ridge was a beautiful, secluded location for our honeymoon. We were hoping for a relaxing break for a few days as we're starting this new chapter of our life together and Cherry Ridge provided this perfectly. It was clear that they have considered every detail in creating this retreat. The cottage was beautiful...tastefully decorated with comfortable furniture, quality linens, great kitchen, and located on beautiful, secluded grounds. The close proximity to caves and hiking was so convenient. Just perfect.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 25 August 2013

This is our second trip to Cherry Ridge Retreat, and there will definitely be many more to come. It was very relaxing, beautiful, and secluded (we never saw a single person our entire trip!). The cabins have been immaculately clean and comfortable. We highly recommend it!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Fairfield Inn & Suites Athens
Hampton Inn Athens
Hampton Inn Athens
#2 of 10 in Athens

Been to Cherry Ridge Retreat? Share your experiences!