This was my first trip to Hocking Hills. This location, is not what I thought. It is through a small town, and you are up the road from a busy road. We could view the office from our front door, not my idea of seclusion.
Upon arrival, we had a light bulb burned out, and the staff did not offer to fix it. Our fridge water dispenser was not working. We phoned the office, and were told to "drink the tap water!" We could not locate pans, and when we phoned, were greeted by an abrasive staff member who seemed "put out" by the fact that we phoned. Upon arrival you find a card in your cabin stating "we are here to serve you, please phone us if you have any questions." So....I did?
My fault, did not check departure time, and were running about 15 minutes late. I phoned desk to see if we could check out about 15 minutes late and were told "absolutely not. We do not do late departures, and our cleaning staff will be there at 11:00 sharp". I did not mind the fact that they were firm on the time, only the manner in which it was said. After this, I explained that I had wanted to come back, however due to his tone of his response, was not sure. Replied "if you want to come back that is fine, if not, that is fine too. " The staff is rude, and they do not like to be "bothered". I don't know about all of you, however if this is what "hospitality" has become I am disappointed.
Turned in keys to office, and was informed they would speak to owner and he would follow up with me. Never heard back. If you want service and relaxation, find another lodge/retreat in Hocking Hills.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secluded luxury cabins and lodge featuring absolute privacy. Each cabin and lodge includes gourmet kitchens, artist designed furnishings, deluxe hot tubs, and uninterrupted views of 140 forested acres with ponds and groomed trails. Some accommodations also include a private pool, Cold Plunge, Sauna, private pond and boat. We have an cabin to fit every desire. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Cherry Ridge Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hocking Hills Cabins - Cherry Ridge Retreat Hotel New Plymouth
- Cherry Ridge Retreat New Plymouth, Ohio