“Room at the Inn”

Hampton Inn Newcomerstown
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Newcomerstown
“Room at the Inn”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

On our trip into the area this was the only hotel that had available rooms. The room and hotel were nice, but I thought a bit pricey. Should you need drive the extra 10 miles west and save yourself about $.30 per gallon. Also, watch out for the boys in blue, or should I say grey that like to hide in waiting,

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Gmiller1, General Manager at Hampton Inn Newcomerstown, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
I want to thank you for taking time out of your day to give our Hotel a review. We appreciate all feed back from our guests, we hope that we will see you in the future here at the Newcomerstown Hampton Inn.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Huntsville, AL
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We stayed at the Hampton Inn hotel in Newcomerstown, Ohio only because it was the closest hotel to New Concord, OH (Muskingum University) that had a handicapped room (or for that matter any no smoking room) available the weekend of May 09 when we tried to make reservation in February this year.

The hotel is off a “service road” to US 36 just about 3 tenths of a mile from the I-77 exit.
The handicapped room we were in was close to the indoor pool (one door away) but the room was quite. The room was clean and it did look like it was designed for someone in a wheel chair with a large bathroom and room to move around the bed. The room had a walk-in shower (the reason we got wanted the room) but the spray head caddie for the shower was too high for someone in a wheel chair or who has trouble standing, to reach it.

The hallway was very warm to hot and this might have been because of the pool being right there. The doors to the outside which are located between the room we were in and the pool area are too narrow for someone in a wide wheel chair to get through in an emergency. The door can fit a wide wheel chair but there is only about ¼ inch (about 5 mm) of space between the wheels and the door jambs.

The house keeping staff and the front desk staff was very nice but the breakfast area person seemed to be having a couple of bad days because she seemed a bit grumpy.

Would I stay there again? If I had business in Newcomerstown I would, but going to Muskingum, this is hotel is 30 minutes away when there is no traffic, so I would try Zanesville or Cambridge first.

Room Tip: Normally I like a upper story room but since I was travelling with someone who had mobility problems...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
telialittle, General Manager at Hampton Inn Newcomerstown, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
I want to personally Thank You for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate any and all feed back that will make us a better place for guests like you to stay..
Dallas Tx
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Closest hotel to my grandma's house, we stay here at least once a year.
Surrounded by a small community, it is pleasant to be able to have other things to do around the area. On New Years Eve, we were able to attend a local community activity which provided fun and a history lesson.
We usually encounter the same staff each time. They are always there to lend a helping hand. The rooms are clean and mostly quiet. The front desk tries to accommodate our special requests of several rooms near each other. The breakfast is always good. We do have to plan in advance because of the amount of traffic they have at this location the past few years.
There are not many eating places nearby, which is the only downfall to this location. You do have to keep in mind that you are traveling through the countryside.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
I want to say Thank You for the awesome review that you gave our Hotel, we appreciate all feed back form our guests and consider it an honor to have such an awesome review. We hope that you will make the Newcomerstown Hampton your first choice if you are ever in this area..
United States
Reviewed 4 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here for an overnight and would highly recommend the Hampton Inn in Newcomerstown, Ohio. We found it very clean and staffed with highly efficient and friendly employees. We would definitely return when traveling through this area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We here at the Newcomerstown Hampton Inn want to say Thank You so much for the wonderful review of our hotel, we appreciate all feed back from our guests. It is because of guests like you that make us strive to be the best we can.. Thank You so much.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 26 April 2014

What a wonderful, attractive and much needed jewel to find in the middle of nowhere as we were driving from SE Pennsylvania to Canton where we planned to visit the First Ladies National Historic Site.

I have stayed at plenty of Hampton Inns over the years, I think of them as one of my preferred hotels while traveling for business or family fun, and this one sets the standard for them all if you ask me.

Can't say for sure if this was a new property or just a remodeled one, but the lobby was impressive. Not luxury hotel impressive, but middle tier comfort impressive. Well designed, attractively laid out, crisply decorated. Made you fell welcome.

Our room made me sorry we weren't going to do any more than an overnight stay. It was comfortable, felt like the comfort of home you get with slightly higher end hotels, but had the amenities that those hotels make you pay for. Bedding was crisp and fresh (I could have done without the post it that the sheets had been cleaned just for me, I EXPECT you to do that), yet cozy and comfortable. I had a GREAT night's sleep.

We had hoped to enjoy the pool, but we arrived too late for this family to take advantage of it, though it looked like it would have been fun enough.

Breakfast was a treat, and the woman who was the attendant at breakfast was bright and cheery, conversational without being overly chatty. My kids loved the high bar to eat breakfast, and though not the amazing breakfast you might get for a fee at a higher end chain, it was better than the cold cereal "free" breakfasts that the utility hotels that we use when all we need is a place to sleep. The new and comfortable lobby where breakfast was served made the experience positive too.

Sure wish I could find this quality with ever Hampton Inn I stay at. This is truly the top end of the Hampton's I have stayed at over the many years of professional traveling, and I am just sad that it is in a location that I can't see making it back too anytime soon. Wonderful property, wonderful overnight stay.

Room Tip: Get a room on the north side of the hotel to avoid road traffic in the front.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
I want to take a moment and say thank you so much for your review. It makes me happy that you had an excellent stay at our property. Our staff genually cares about our guests and want to make them feel as though even though they may miles away from home , they get the highest quality of care, respect and the feeling of being right at home. I hope that we will see you in the future here at the Newcomerstown Hampton Inn.
Parma, United States
Reviewed 10 April 2014

This hotel was very nice and clean. It has a nice pool and hot tub and provides towels in the pool area. The staff was helpful and accomodating. They told us of restaurants in the area that we could go to for a group dinner. The complimentary breakfast and cookies in the lobby were a big hit with our group. Hampton Inn has never disappointed us!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank You so much for reviewing our hotel. It means a lot to us that you had a wonderful stay. We greatly appreciate all your feed back. We love having you here..
London, Canada
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Friendly staff in a sparcely populated area. Felt sorry for the staff who seem to have limited career opportunities in such a place. Why Hampton Inns built there I don't know. Possibly there is a business reason to be there - who knows. Having said that it was one of the best Hampton Inns I have stayed in.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I want to say thank you for your review and tell you how much we appreciate all your feed back. We look forward to seeing you in the future here at the Newcomerstown Hampton Inn.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newcomerstown
Coshocton Village Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn New Philadelphia
Hampton Inn New Philadelphia
#1 of 6 in New Philadelphia
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dover
Holiday Inn Express & Suites New Philadelphia
Holiday Inn Express & Suites New...
#3 of 6 in New Philadelphia
Super 8 Newcomerstown
Super 8 Newcomerstown
#3 of 4 in Newcomerstown
Amish Country Lodging
Amish Country Lodging
#1 of 11 in Berlin

Been to Hampton Inn Newcomerstown? Share your experiences!