“Excellent”

Lancers House
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed at Lancers House for four nights with work and could not fault any part of my stay. Wonderful breakfast, well presented rooms and a pleasant location. Would definitely recommend to anyone who was looking for a comfortable and homely base whilst staying in the area, whether for work or for pleasure.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Sam E
Nik L, Owner at Lancers House, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time and leaving such a lovely review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and hope we will get to see you again next year.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
UK
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I revisited Lancers House at the end of May 2014.

I arrived at Lancers House approx. 8pm but even though I arrived later my welcome was very warm indeed. This time my room was behind the hotel and it was a very large room and looked recently decorated. The bathroom was a little smaller than would be expected of a room that size but it had a nice shower and a sink so I am not one to complain.

As I was on my own on this trip I had more use of the television. This was wall mounted with free view which was very nice to have after a long day walking.

The car park was more than adequate and there is an extra overflow car park so this should not be a problem as I know sometimes parking can be an issue when going away.

The breakfast was lovely. I must at this point add the bread is homemade and so too was the marmalade.

Nik and Jayne were wonderful hosts and willing to go out of their way for the guests as I pressed the wrong button on the television at one point and brought up a menu but even though it was after 10pm in the evening Nik came across and fixed it for me which further reinforces the high level of customer service you will receive at Lancers.

After being in Salisbury for my first night, on my second night I had dinner in the restaurant. I had the rack of lamb for my main and the lamb just fell off the bone. For those reading my previous review yes this is the same meal I had last time and it was just as nice. For pudding I had the Crème Brulee and also of a high standard. For health reasons I have currently forsaken wine so I can add here there were also a good selection of non alcoholic drinks available.

There is also a nice quiet lounge area to sit and enjoy a nice cup of tea after the meal. I did pop in for a few mins and like last time thought why do I not spend more time in here as it is very peaceful.

Overall my stay was extremely pleasant and this is my second visit which further states how much I enjoyed my visit as this is the first hotel I have revisited.

I would recommend a break at this hotel as Nik and Jayne are excellent hosts.

Room Tip: I was behind the hotel in room 26 and it was lovely and quiet with a set of table and chairs outside...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Nik L, Owner at Lancers House, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you so much for your lovely review. It was a pleasure to get to see you again and we hope to see you next time you are walking in the area.
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Our work had forgot to book a hotel room for us, and we found this gem! Booked the room at midnight (when most other b n B's were not even answering the phone) the room was amazing as was nick, he couldn't do enough for us, and was more than happy to help us at a really early time of the morning. Also the food is out of this world.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Chris P
Nik L, Owner at Lancers House, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Thank you so much for your amazing review. We are happy to help and look forward to seeing you again next time you are in the area.
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Had a two night break at the Lancers. Our accommodation was spot on, clean, comfortable and really well thought out.Wi-Fi on tap which is always welcome in this day and age (however did we manage before the computer age!! )There was personal soaps, tissues, an iron all things that made our stay really enjoyable. Great breakfast, farm fresh eggs were a bonus, with lots of home made things to accompany it with, bread, butter, some jams, curd, peanut butter. The owners were charming and interacted with guests offering advice and general information. I made a couple of suggestions which were received with thanks, ( a bathroom mirror light, a blackout type of curtain for the door) My only gripe about the lancers was the food, certainly not the standard of produce nor the presentation but the price which I thought was high, for me to high for a bed and breakfast type of stay. Overall I would have no hesitation in recommending The Lancers for anybody who is looking for peace and quiet but in easy reach of Salisbury , Stonehenge.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Howardsc
Nik L, Owner at Lancers House, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Thank you for your lovely review, we are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, including the food. We do try to keep the price of our menu down, but obviously there is a premium on organic and local produce and we endeavour to make every aspect of each dish that we produce, even down to the tomato ketchup and brown sauce. We could reduce the cost from £24.00 for two courses and £29.00 for three courses by buying in cheaper produce, but we want to maintain the highest standards we can and as there are other places locally to eat which offer the cheaper options, we want to create the choice for our guests. Thank you again for all your comments and we hope to see you next time you are in the area.
Westhoughton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2014

A really nice place to stay. In a pleasant area. The owners Nick & Jane did everything possible to make our stay as comfortable as possible. The food was good, service great. will visit again.
I would highly recommend staying at Lancers House.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ralph Stuart D
Nik L, Owner at Lancers House, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Thank you for your lovely comments we look forward to welcoming you back to Lancers House, we have now added home-made organic baked beans to our breakfast offering and local venison sausages to the dinner menu.
Thelwall
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Well, the title says it all to describe our stay at Lancer's house.
From the moment we arrived to the moment we left we were made to feel very welcome by Nik and Jayne.
We had a beautiful room in the Annex and had every home comfort provided for us as well is quite a lot of others we weren't expecting. It really felt like a home from home.
The food was home-cooked… Home baked bread… Home-made butter… Fresh vegetables from the garden… Eggs from the chickens in the garden… What more can I say.?
It was absolutely delightful!
Nik was very helpful and advised us on places to visit and we had a beautiful day in Salisbury visiting the cathedral and Mompasson house. We also had a lovely day at Stourhead.
We would love to visit again as there are so many places in that area to visit. Thanks to Nick and Jane for making us so welcome.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TTThelwall
Nik L, Owner at Lancers House, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Thank you so much for your lovely review. Jayne and I are delighted you enjoyed your stay so much and we really enjoyed the chance to get to know you. We do try to provide as much as possible in the rooms and we are chuffed you enjoyed the hair straighteners so much. We look forward to seeing you again next time.
Loughborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Thanks to Nik and Jayne for a wonderful few days at Lancers House.
My husband has limited mobility due to MS and we had a ground floor room set outside on the courtyard with its own entrance and a small garden/sitting area at the front. The ensuite was a shower which made access easy for my husband and the the room was spotlessly clean, modern, with a very comfy bed and had all the things you need.
Breakfast and dinner was served in the main house and was all cooked to order by Jayne and Nik (the Ivy Restaurant recipe Salmon Fishcake for dinner was SO delicious I had it both nights!) using their own eggs from the very friendly free-range hens, and served with their homemade (and very delicious) bread and chutneys/jams/etc.
Nik and Jayne are wonderful hosts, the accommodation is very comfortable, and the food is delicious - and I recommend a visit!

Room Tip: If you have limited mobility the ground floor courtyard rooms are very good.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wabbodog
Nik L, Owner at Lancers House, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you for your lovely review. Jayne and I are delighted that you enjoyed our food so much and I am sure Mark Hix would be delighted that you like his Salmon fishcake recipe so much.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sutton Mandeville
#1 of 4 in Sturminster Newton
The Compasses Inn
The Compasses Inn
#2 of 4 in Tisbury

Been to Lancers House? Share your experiences!