“Faultless” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lancers House

Lancers House
“Faultless”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Fantastic stay once again. Breakfast is absolutely to die for. Jane and Nik are wonderful friendly hosts, and very accommodating to all your needs. The rooms are lovely and spacious. Can't wait to visit again!

Nik L, Owner at Lancers House, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you so very much and Jayne and I look forward to seeing you again next year.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

We loved our stay at Lancers. Nick and Jayne were a mine of local information and very welcoming. The breakfasts were amazing - worth the cost of the stay alone. Really comfortable rooms very tastefully done. We will be coming back!

Nik L, Owner at Lancers House, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Jayne and I are delighted you enjoyed your stay so much, it was our pleasure having the chance to get to know you. We look forward to seeing you again some day in the future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

Welcoming reception, breakfast plentiful with fresh homemade bread and eggs and juices, evening meal equally good, bedroom comfortable had everything we needed would definately stay again, thanks Nik and Jayne

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Nik L, Owner at Lancers House, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Thank you so much, it was our pleasure and we are delighted you enjoyed your stay, we look forward to seeing you next time you are in the area.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Like Sam below, I stayed for 4 nights for a work trip. I wish I could have stayed longer!
The rooms were like a home away from home and the breakfasts in the morning were superb. Fresh eggs, home made bread, baked beans & sausages as well as home made jams, curds and chutneys.
Nik and Jayne were a delight, and nothing really was any trouble to them.

I would reccomend this B&B to anyone 100%! It's location is beautiful, and as a London girl, the sound of sheep and cows mixed with fresh air made me never want to leave. I look forward to going back next year.

Room Tip: Try Jayne's home made lemon curd!
Nik L, Owner at Lancers House, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Thank you so much for your lovely review and more importantly choosing to stay with us, it was an absolute delight for us to meet so many new faces and a couple of familiar ones too. We hope to see you all again next year.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed at Lancers House for four nights with work and could not fault any part of my stay. Wonderful breakfast, well presented rooms and a pleasant location. Would definitely recommend to anyone who was looking for a comfortable and homely base whilst staying in the area, whether for work or for pleasure.

1 Thank Sam E
Nik L, Owner at Lancers House, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time and leaving such a lovely review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and hope we will get to see you again next year.
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

I revisited Lancers House at the end of May 2014.

I arrived at Lancers House approx. 8pm but even though I arrived later my welcome was very warm indeed. This time my room was behind the hotel and it was a very large room and looked recently decorated. The bathroom was a little smaller than would be expected of a room that size but it had a nice shower and a sink so I am not one to complain.

As I was on my own on this trip I had more use of the television. This was wall mounted with free view which was very nice to have after a long day walking.

The car park was more than adequate and there is an extra overflow car park so this should not be a problem as I know sometimes parking can be an issue when going away.

The breakfast was lovely. I must at this point add the bread is homemade and so too was the marmalade.

Nik and Jayne were wonderful hosts and willing to go out of their way for the guests as I pressed the wrong button on the television at one point and brought up a menu but even though it was after 10pm in the evening Nik came across and fixed it for me which further reinforces the high level of customer service you will receive at Lancers.

After being in Salisbury for my first night, on my second night I had dinner in the restaurant. I had the rack of lamb for my main and the lamb just fell off the bone. For those reading my previous review yes this is the same meal I had last time and it was just as nice. For pudding I had the Crème Brulee and also of a high standard. For health reasons I have currently forsaken wine so I can add here there were also a good selection of non alcoholic drinks available.

There is also a nice quiet lounge area to sit and enjoy a nice cup of tea after the meal. I did pop in for a few mins and like last time thought why do I not spend more time in here as it is very peaceful.

Overall my stay was extremely pleasant and this is my second visit which further states how much I enjoyed my visit as this is the first hotel I have revisited.

I would recommend a break at this hotel as Nik and Jayne are excellent hosts.

Room Tip: I was behind the hotel in room 26 and it was lovely and quiet with a set of table and chairs outside...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Nik L, Owner at Lancers House, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you so much for your lovely review. It was a pleasure to get to see you again and we hope to see you next time you are walking in the area.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Our work had forgot to book a hotel room for us, and we found this gem! Booked the room at midnight (when most other b n B's were not even answering the phone) the room was amazing as was nick, he couldn't do enough for us, and was more than happy to help us at a really early time of the morning. Also the food is out of this world.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Chris P
Nik L, Owner at Lancers House, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Thank you so much for your amazing review. We are happy to help and look forward to seeing you again next time you are in the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sutton Mandeville
Dean Lodge
Dean Lodge
#2 of 2 in Swallowcliffe
Hare Lodge Bed & Breakfast

Been to Lancers House? Share your experiences!