Econo Lodge - Newton Falls
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Budget Lodge Ohio(Newton Falls)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 August 2011

Off the Turnpike, a perfect spot to get some rest. Actually my room had more in it - refrigerator,microwave, iron/ironing board, cable - than a more expensive higher end hotel I'd stayed in the night before. Go figure.
It's a desolate area there off the turnpike; there is a 24 hour health spa or something just down the road.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 July 2011

This is a very basic hotel with a minimal breakfast. It was clean and convenient, and very reasonably priced.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank naspins
Reviewed 24 July 2011

The upside is it's cheap, includes breakfast & is located in a quiet area. The service was fine. It was relatively clean room (& bathroom) with newer beds. A/c (a relatively noisy wall unit), Breakfast is simple, cereal, milk, processed muffins/pastries & juice. But the room - & particularly the bathroom- had a weird smell. The bathroom had a sewer smell that was pretty nasty. It looks like they are putting on a new roof so maybe there was a water-leak problem that may now be fixed...

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 19 June 2011

Admittedly, it's hard to write a fair review having come off of a Radisson in DC and a Country Inn in Rocky Mount, so I'll just say this: when I was 22, I would have had no problem staying here.
However, I am no longer 22. I am 32, and travelling cross country with two kids and my mother. And thank god for my mother. She is assertive enough to ask for a room change, AND to convince my kids to wear slippers while in the room.

The positives: clean bathroom, hot water, cold a/c , so far bedbug free, cool management. The negatives: the room smells like a movie theater built in 1973 that now shows $1 movies... minus the stale popcorn, plus generic Febreeze. Way outdated comforters and carpets and old school tv with only local channels. The continental breakfast is a coffee pot, cereal dispensers and mini-milk cups.

Overall, if you need a super basic spot for a night and don't want to venture off the TP, you're good. If you want ANYTHING else, coffee up and drive on.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed 20 June 2010

This is a nice property very convenient to Exit 209 on the Ohio Turnpike. Area around the motel is quite desolate, but there is a 24 hour gas station/convenience store a couple of miles northeast on Highway 5; also a 24 hour restaurant on the opposite side of the highway from the convenience store. The town of Newton Falls, about 2 miles from the motel, has a couple of late night bars/dining establishments.

This property has only one serious problem. Heat and/or airconditioning for each room can be turned off from the office. On a previous stay, I had to return to the office after checking in and wake up the night attendant to turn on the heating unit. On this stay, I reminded the night person to make sure the heating unit was turned on. It was. Except when I woke up in the morning, the room was very cold. Outside temperature was in the low 50s. The room was too cold to take a shower. When I went to the office to check out, I asked the manager/owner what was going on with the heat in my room. He went in the back of the office to check. He admitted the heat had been turned off. No apology. No offer to refund part of my payment.

When I talked to Choice Hotels, I found out the corportation does not care about how franchised properties are run.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo