“Dirtiest Dump I have ever stayed in!”

Econo Lodge - Newton Falls
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Newton Falls
Reviewed 5 December 2013

This was by far the worst Motel I have ever stayed in!!! If you stay here get checked for scabies and be prepared to have pest control at your house. My boyfriend and I stayed because we were desperate. We were stuck in a snow storm, and it was around 1:00 am we were exhausted so we stayed. The room smelled like something died, there were stains on the carpet, and the bed sheets looked like they had never been changed. It was such a dump, I didn't sit on the toilet seat and we didn't take showers, we even slept on top of the blankets! We slept fully clothed and still were eaten alive by bed bugs. My boyfriend slept with shorts and a t-shirt and he has rashes on his arms, legs, neck, feet literally from head to toe. I have bites and/or scabies on my wrist, hands, and face. We both have went to the doctors, and there diagnosis is that we were exposed to a cocktail of diseases! This is the most disgusting place ever, I type this as I am covered in cream, and taking anti itch pills. Do yourself a favor and please keep Driving!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank 472Traveler
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge - Newton Falls

Reviewed 1 November 2013

The room was clean, but this place definitely needs an upgrade! It is outdated... there were minor maintenance problems that would not take much attention to correct. The housekeeping staff were great, friendly and attentive.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 September 2013

It was a late, dark and rainy night. No really! And we were in an old classic car with slow wipers. The rain was drowning us and this was the first place on the right hand side of the road as we tried to travel home. There weren't many cars in the lot and after being quoted I believe around $59, we said yes. We were also grilled if we had a pet in tow. Which we did not.

Our room was in the second rear row. Very tight lot with angled spots we could barely fit into.

Good points: It was a place to briefly rest up. It had a door that locked. It had a basic tv. It had a shower. (But, one that flipped from hot to cold with no notice.)
Bad points: Stains in the carpet, weak a/c, beat up walls, old bedspread, musty smell, dust, cobwebs, scratchy towels, chipped tiles, peeling wallpaper and no frills aka continental breakfast.

As soon as the sun came up, we headed out and drove many miles to the local McD's for breakfast. Buh-bye!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Stayed at this location for 6 weeks and it was a very good stay. The rooms are small however they are clean and the owner lives at the location and does everything to make your stay great. They have great weekly rates and with the turn pike right beside the hotel makes for easy access.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 August 2012

This is just a small Econolodge motel. Not the ritz...so don't expect it to be. Fine to get sleep, with no frills, and be on your way in the morning. The woman who checked us in was very kind and considerate.

The room is clean with decent decor. The bathroom is clean. There is a slight musty smell in the room, but it's not unbearable. The beds are clean. There is a mini refridgerator and microwave in the room. There is also free wifi that works great. The a/c works good, our room is nice and cool.

There is a basic continental breakfast.

We stopped here just to sleep and continue our travels in the morning.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2012

The room stunk, mold on the walls, what little sleep I did get made me stiff as a board. Go across the road to the Holiday Inn Express, spend the extra $20 and get a good odor free sleep.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank KentsAngelGirl
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I was heading to Nelson Ledges, and there aren't many hotels in the area. I took a chance and the room was pretty much as everyone else has described. It's a bed, a really basic breakfast and not much else. It does have some room to leave a truck with a trailer, which was nice. Oh yeah, and the heater/AC that was in the room was a total guess at which setting you actually had. We went from arriving to a frigid room to really hot and back to cold with some more messing with the heater.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Warren
Hampton Inn Youngstown West I-80
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Youngstown W - I-80 Niles Area
Best Western Plus Boardman Inn & Suites

Been to Econo Lodge - Newton Falls? Share your experiences!