“Stay here if you want your belongings stolen!”

Econo Lodge - Newton Falls
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Newton Falls
Philadelphia
“Stay here if you want your belongings stolen!”
Reviewed 11 December 2009

On our way from Philidelphia to Michigan we stopped at this motel for one night. The room smelled as if they were trying to cover up bad odors, but for 8 hours sleep I figured I'd bare it. In the morning my husband took a cold five minute shower and then I took a cold 10 minute shower. My husband took our two children to eat in the motel lobby, and they came back telling me the milk was spoiled and dusgustin, let go to Mc Donalds. We got in the car at 8:00 A.M. and left. At 8:45 I noticed I forgot my gel filled pillow with a beautiful tan damask stripe pillow case that matched my bedding at home. I called the motel and told the girl at the desk I forgot my pillow on the bed. She said she would hold it for me till Sunday when we passed back through there. She lied and was too lazy to walk 10 seconds and go get it in room 131. The Manager Sonny is ignorant and fails to see that his employees steal from motel guest. He should have offered to pay me $50.00 to cover my expense of going out and replaceing my gel pillow, pillow protector case and sham. He could care less that I did not get treated with respect and his front desk employee was too lazy to tell the maid to bring the pillow to her since she did not want to be bothered with walking 10 seconds to go get it.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank NitaPhiladelphia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
akron, oh
Reviewed 11 December 2008

i stay at this place few times a month and I love it get the old time service but at a reasonable price

• Stayed November 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
dallas, tx
Reviewed 3 August 2007

Clean rooms and bathrooms, nice quiet grounds despite being close to highways, and the management was very nice. The free breakfast was enough, nothing spectacular. But compared to the Holiday Inn nearby at over $100/night, it was a great bargain if all you need to do is spend the night and don't need a lot of amenities. I would definitely stay here again.

• Liked — Clean rooms, great price
  • Disliked — internet was weak
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank glatzfam
Orrville, Ohio
Reviewed 18 January 2007

This is an older, block construction, motel that was probably built in the 60s to service the Ohio Turnplike exit nearby. The block walls gave the room a "tired' feel, but it seemed clean and it was quiet. The bathroom had been remodeled and all fixtures worked well. This is a satisfactory place to sleep and shower, but has no real bells and whistles to get excited over. Microwave and mini-refrigerator in the room, wireless interenet was free but a little slow.

Stayed August 2006
Fairfield Inn & Suites Youngstown Austintown
Candlewood Suites Youngstown W I-80 Niles Area
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Warren
Best Western Park Hotel

Been to Econo Lodge - Newton Falls? Share your experiences!