“Our 2nd Review - totally different opinion this time...”

High Pointe Restaurant and Tavern
Ranked #31 of 72 Restaurants in Niles
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 29 January 2013

I submitted a review for the High Point several months ago and gave it a great review. We had dinner there a couple of days ago and boy have things changed - and not for the better. They either changed chefs or someone at the top just stopped caring altogether. The cheddar potato soup was like sludge - more of a consistency of mashed potatoes - they obviously scraped the little bit left in the pot from the very bottom and served it. I ordered a feature item on the daily menu - Tuscan Steak. It had very little flavor and all the vegetables that came with the steak were unidentifiable because they were so overcooked. Even the dinner rolls were so stale they were hard - they covered them with melted butter to make them look appealing but we couldn't eat them. We're normally not picky eaters - but we've crossed this place off our list.

1  Thank ds521
There are newer reviews for High Pointe Restaurant and Tavern

Reviewed 11 November 2012

We liked it when we first started going to High Pointe. Last time the prices were higher, food wasn't that great etc. Lower the prices and give a person less. I would prefer that

1  Thank Nancy313
Reviewed 14 August 2012

We decided to try High Point because we had a coupon from the Entertainment Book. I would definitely go back again. We had lunch that day but I would like to try dinner sometime. After a lot of discussion, we both decided on a good old fried bologna sandwich. It was very good with red peppers and fried greens on it and a big sandwich. Thanks to the waitress advising us that they give you a lot of fries, I got pierogis instead of fries and we shared the two. Pierogis were good and the fries were good and crispy. The waitress was friendly and helpful with suggestions. The only negative thing I would say is that they were a little slow, but not enough to keep me from returning. The prices were very resonable for a lot of food and it was a comfortable, friendly place.

2  Thank Lori C
Reviewed 5 July 2012

Lunch specials are great. 1/2 sandwich and soup will fill you up and price is very reasonable. Eat there at least once a month.

3  Thank Bichon2010
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Found you on trip advisor and tried due to the friendly factor. It is true. Bartender Cole made everyone feel right at home, even a stranger. The chicken portobello was the best. People asked me what it was and said looks good, have to try that. I will be back!

2  Thank AkronCouple