“Can't Understand Why Poeple Say This Is A Great Place To Stay!?” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Niles

Days Inn Niles
Days Inn Niles
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Niles
Columbus, OH
“Can't Understand Why Poeple Say This Is A Great Place To Stay!?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2007

Can't for the life of me understand why people say this is a nice place to stay!

Arrived Saturday August 4th 2007 and at first saw the place and was a little worried since it does look rather run down but honest to god I am not a picky person so didn't think twice about it.

Checked in to our room (king bed, smoking). Walked in the hallway and can say I pretty sure there are some college dorms that have cleanier hallways then this place. Walked into the room which wreaked of smoke. Granted I know we got a smoking room but it was bad. Also there were 3 holes in the sheets, the sink had some mildew and there was this weird bench right in the middle of the room. I called the front desk to see if we could get another room and she was very nice and said she could but did remind me that our room did meet state regulations. After laughing my head off that someone would mention this as a selling point to their rooms went ahead and drove back to the lobby and asked them to cancel my reservation to which the lady said she understood and this has happened alot lately.

Let me make this clear I am in my early 20's and not picky at all with where I stay, I admit I did go hear beacuse of the price but in no way at all would I recommend this place to anyone. Even if its a case where we just got a bad room this Days Inn is just to run down and not in the best area and would seriosuly question anyone who says this is a great place to stay!

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — Actually thinking about giving this place money
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank jackets342

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Midwest
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2007

This hotel is an old Howard Johnson's made into a Day's Inn. The bed was clean, the bathtub and sink were clean. The floors were horribly dirty, especially the stairway to the 2nd floor. Tiles were all coming off, dirty and needed repair. Dresser was broken and old. I would not stay here if I had another option, but I'd go there again if absolutely necessary due to the fact that the bed was clean.

Stayed July 2007
north Fairfield , ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2007

After just spending the previous weekend in another Days Inn in Springfield, Ohio I was a little worried aboust staying here. Worries were off set a little when the 2 desk clerks were very friendly. The next relief came when I walked in my room and seen how I was greeted. Just like I walked into a 5 star hotel compared to the weekend before.

Very clean room, couldn't find a dirty spot or cobwebs.

Loved it! Bed was very comfortable and plenty of nice soft pillows. Very thing worked!

Whenever in the area I will be booking with this hotel!

Only downside but no biggie was in is an outdoor pool.

Breakfast was a decent spread also.

great for the money!

• Stayed May 2007, travelled as a couple
pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2006

What a terrific place,the room was fresh,clean and big enough to accomidate 6 people without feeling cramped and on top of each other.The staff went beyond everyday hospitality to make us feel welcomed and right at home,they made sure we knew the right directions to all our siteseeing trips,made sure there was enough soaps shampoos towels in our room they made us feel so comfortable that we did not want to leave!!! this was a 5 star visit ,the grounds were clean and the swimming pool was excellent.The night was quite and restfull.I would recommend this days inn for anyone planning a trip to ohio,outstanding.

• Liked — customer service
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — sometimes planning is not always the best,if i planned this trip i would not have found this great hotel found it by accident.
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank threesons66
Also consider these accommodations in or near Niles
Avalon Inn and Resort
Avalon Inn and Resort
#2 of 7 in Warren
Residence Inn Youngstown Warren/Niles
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Warren
Fairfield Inn Warren Niles
Holiday Inn Express Youngstown North (Warren/Niles)
BEST WESTERN Park Hotel

Been to Days Inn Niles? Share your experiences!