“Room was very good. Rate was very much to my liking. If I...”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham North Canton
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in North Canton
North Canton
“Room was very good. Rate was very much to my liking. If I...”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Room was very good. Rate was very much to my liking. If I had any complaint, it would be that the bathroom fan needs a switch of it's own. a little too noisy when fan not needed.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

MicrotelGM2014, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham North Canton, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay at Microtel Inn & Suites, North Canton. We strive to be the best value in our market so that guests can experience the property as well as get a great value. I do apologize for the loud bathroom fan. I will pass this information along to our managing director. Please do not hesitate to return to Microtel Inn & Suites, as you are a valued and appreciated guest.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We needed a hotel close to the airport. Based on the ratings and location, we chose Microtel Inn. What a bad mistake! We dropped our rental car at CAK (a very small airport) and we quickly found there were no shuttles. Taxi rates start at $25 from the airport car rental area. Since the hotel is so close to CAK, our driver took pity on us and only charged us $26. So much for the value. We should have chosen a higher class hotel and used their shuttle.

We checked in and got to our room. After a 10 hour drive, we were looking forward to much needed sleep. That was not going to happen. This has to be the most poorly constructed hotel I have ever been in. You could hear every sound from the rooms next to you and the rooms over you. There were 3 young boys in the room next to us (with no adults!) . Their parents and other members of their party were down the hall. We heard continual noise from the boys as well as the parents down the hall. They were going back and forth knocking, talking and closing doors. Normal conversation can be easily heard. The walls are made of paper! We also clearly heard the person above us whenever they waked around. The only quiet period was between 1am and 3am when someone came knocking at the boys room for their (and our) wakeup call.

This was a most unpleasant stay. I can not recommend this hotel based on the total lack of soundproofing and poor value.

Room Tip: Find another hotel!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Thank you very much for choosing the Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham, North Canton. I do understand your frustration with cab fare to the property. I also understand your concern regarding noise during your stay. We try our best to enforce the quiet policy for all guests so that others are not disturbed during their stay. We do value you as a guest and would hope for another opportunity to serve you in the future. We appreciate your business.
Alpharetta, Georgia
Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

I was a little skeptical upon booking a Microtel but this hotel really surprised me!

I am platinum at both Marriott and IHG so I stay in a lot of hotels throughout the year. I rarely stay out of my preferred chains but this hotel was in the area I needed and had a great rate so I decided to give it a chance after checking out photos and reviews.

To be honest it was at the same level as most Holiday Inn Express hotels I stay at. The room was clean and had a microwave and mini refrigerator. The bed was comfortable with clean sheets-luckily without one of those dirty comforters, instead with a duvet. The pillows could've been a little more comfortable but I rarely use a pillow so it wasn't a problem.

The bathroom was clean. The shower head water pressure was very strong, which is always appreciated.

The breakfast was literally identical to most other hotels on or above this level (ie. Holiday Inn Express, Best Western, Fairfield). Bagels, muffins, eggs, breakfast potatoes, bananas, yogurt, waffle maker, cereal and juice machine.

Everything in the hotel is clean and up-to-date! I read they were renovated last year and you can tell its all new! It is also very close to the Pro Football Hall of Fame, if you are planning to go there! If you're not planning to, you should!

I was very impressed with this hotel and would definitely recommend it to anyone traveling to this area!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank NataleeTravelBug
MicroGM92, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham North Canton, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Thank you for your in depth and heartfelt review of our Newly Renovated, Microtel Inn & Suites in North Canton. We are very happy to hear that you were "pleasantly surprised" with your stay. We strive to not only surprise each guest with our product at a valued rate, but to then win each guest over to Microtel brand. The staff at Microtel Inn & Suites, North Canton, thanks you for your review, and we look forward to hosting you again, should you be in the area.
Ohio
Reviewed 29 January 2014

We stayed here the night before an early flight out of Akron/Canton airport. It was a very nice stay for us. The room was warm and quiet in spite of being right across from the elevator. It was very clean and comfortable. We only were here several hours for a good night's sleep, but I would highly recommend this hotel especially if flying. It's only 2 miles from the airport.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Thank you very much for staying with us before your flight out of the Akron Canton Airport. We strive to have all that a guest may need whether you are staying one night or 5. We are located very close to the Akron Canton Airport as well as the Pro Football Hall of Fame. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you soon.
North Canton
Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

Woke up an hour after going to bed itching and turned on the lights and saw a bed bug. We checked the other bed and there was one in that bed too! We went to the front desk and talked to the front desk worker. He was not surprised and stated that there was a pervious bed bug situation in the room and we were the first people in the room since it was exterminated. The front desk worker did not apologize for the situation or offer to help us move to the other room they changed us to. They told us the manager would call Monday at the earliest (this happened on a Friday night). They reimbursed us for the cost of our room but denied the bed bug situation even though we were told by the front desk worker that there was an issue in that room. We emailed the general manager about the situation. She emailed us saying she was going to call us. It's now Wednesday evening and we are still waiting for her to call us. My 20 month son and I both have bed bug bite marks. They are not taking the matter seriously. I worry about other travelers having the same experience. It was terrible!

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
MicroGM92, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham North Canton, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
We are terribly sorry that you had an unsatisfactory experience at the Microtel Inn & Suites, North Canton. We did have the exterminators visit your room on Monday, and they found no activity, however, I did have them perform a preventative due to your experience. The Front Desk Manager did contact you on Monday after your stay and we did reverse any charges that you had incurred. I would hope that you would not hold the negative experience you had at our property against other hotels. Thanks you very much for your honest and thoughtful review. Please know that we hold our guest safety very important and know also that we will follow through with treatment to your room so that guests in the future will not have to be concerned.
Cuenca, Ecuador
Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

We we're walk ins on a cold, snowy evening. There was a group of loud kids in the lobby and swimming area. The receptionist advised us that sh could put us far away from them. The room was spacious, warm and comfy. The heating/cooling controls worked efficiently and quietly. The room was clean with all amenities well presented. The hot breakfast was lovely. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
We at the Microtel Inn & Suites, North Canton are very glad that you chose to stay with us on one of Ohio's cold and windy nights. Every guest is important to us, and I am glad that you were shown exceptional surface while you were staying with us. Please do not hesitate to stay with us again if you are in the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Canton
#9 of 18 in Canton
Comfort Inn - Hall of Fame
La Quinta Inn & Suites Canton
Fairfield Inn & Suites Canton South

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham North Canton? Share your experiences!