“Horrible Motel - Stay Away From This Dump!”
Review of Motel 6 Canton

Motel 6 Canton
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in North Canton
Reviewed 21 August 2012

You've got to be kidding me at the last review - HAS to be a manager or owner of the motel typing that bologna.
This is, BY FAR, the WORST motel I ever tried to stay in.
I rented the room to which there were dirty-looking men walking around
with beers in their hands, literally standing in their room doorway and hitting on me as I was unpacking my trunk to go into my room. There were flies in the room, room VERY dirty with stains on the walls, carpets and the bed sheets. As soon as I checked in, 5 minutes later, my phone kept ringing from other rooms from guys asking me if they can come over to F me. I am NOT lying about this - why would I bother? I canNOT believe this motel hasn't been condemned or turned in. Men walking around in women's clothing like hookers from room to room. I wasn't there 20 minutes and went and asked for a full refund and got the F out of there. STAY AWAY from this motel if you want safety for you and your children.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Jade880
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Canton

Reviewed 11 August 2012

I stayed here for Hall of Fame weekend because every other hotel in the area was booked up (even though I booked 6 months in advance). I paid $100 per night to basically stay in a welfare motel. The room smelled like the previous guests brought in farm animals. The air conditioner was cracked in front and barely worked. The sink (which had a bottle opener attached to it to exemplify class) made a loud vibrating noise when the faucet was turned on and the bathtub clogged when showering. I felt like I was going to get a disease from staying here. The only positive experience was from the staff, who was very friendly despite working in what I consider to be a cesspool of an establishment. I will never ever stay at a Motel 6 again and I will be advising everyone that I know to do the same.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Steve N
Reviewed 20 July 2012

I am waiting for my apartment to become available and was interested in a short stay. Soap Box Derby fans and participants were in rooms as well-
I really liked the service and the location.
I would recommend this location for a quick stop.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 July 2012

I' ve never stayed at a Motel 6 before, so I didn't know what to expect. All of the other hotels in Canton were $100.00 plus. I paid $50.00 here. The outside was not inviting, but the rooms, while dated, were clean. There are no amenities such as a clock radio or even shampoo, but that was no big deal. Bottom line, if you are looking for a cheap room for the night, this will work.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the highway.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Thank GASt.Marys
Reviewed 28 June 2012

We stayed in this motel in June, 2012. I will admit, from the outside, it does not look inviting. Looks kind of dumpy, needs some fixing up, and we were a little apprehensive, but other nearby places were very expensive or filled up and we don't like to pay a lot for motels, so thought we would give it a try. It is a short drive to the Football Hall of Fame (just two exits on the freeway). You are also next door to a Cracker Barrel restaurant which is a great restaurant for any meal. We were satisfied with our room. It was very clean. I have the say the beds were extremely comfortable and so were the pillows. The blanket was very rough material but that did not bother us. The A/C worked fine. It was very noisy at first, but I turned the fan on, and then turned the cooling function back on, and it was much more quiet. We did not hear loud noises from outside. There is a pool that was quite crowded when we arrived around dinner time. As with all Motel 6 places, there are no frills, just a basic room, no toiletries except soap and towels. They have an ice machine. Check in and out was quick and efficient. We had just finished a conference in Canton and stayed at the McKinley Grand Hotel for a few nights, which was over twice the price of this Motel 6--ok, it was a lot fancier--but we did not sleep any better! We slept like a log in our basic Motel 6 room (and I have a hard time sleeping all night), and that's all one can ask for--a clean place to sleep. We felt safe there although some of the clientile did not look like the same people that would stay at the upscale McKinley Hotel downtown, so some people might feel apprehensive but we saw families staying there as well. We would stay there again if in the area.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VAvisitor
Reviewed 11 October 2011

Bathtub has black mold coming out of the tub where the lever is located to close the drain to take a bath. We were afraid to take a shower, only 3.5 hours from home, but too tired to drive any further. Door lock was broken, only the safety held the door secure. I will be writing the Health Board and letters to the corporation. We have stayed the night at many Motel 6's and had a pleasant, budget experience, this location should be closed down. I will be taking photo's in the morning.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Deborah L
Reviewed 1 October 2011

Asked for a non smoking room, room smelled strongly of smoke. Looked like some one threw a fit at one time in there, bathroom door cracked, TV cracked. Poor reception on TV. Did not feel real safe there. No clock. Room 2 doors down boarded up from a previous fire. It was not cheap enough for the quality of the motel. Was close to fast food.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
#1 of 7 in North Canton
Hyatt Place Canton
Hyatt Place Canton
#3 of 18 in Canton

Been to Motel 6 Canton? Share your experiences!