“Fantastic Staff”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in North Canton
USA
“Fantastic Staff”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I always enjoy staying at Springhill Suites - the rooms were clean and spacious (the hotel has only been open about a month), the internet worked well and the staff was great.

We had an issue with the lights when we first arrived. The staff was ready to move us to another room when they found that a breaker had tripped and the lights came on. Everything was taken care of quickly and they were very apologetic - they gave us free water and snacks.

The breakfast was good. It had eggs, sausage and waffles along with ham & cheese, fruit, cereals and breads. The hotel is in a great location. You have many dining options and there is a mall down the street.

The only issue is the height of the bed. Marriott seems to be moving towards high beds. When I was sitting on the edge of the bed, my feet were about a foot off the floor (I am 5'3"). You will have to "climb" into bed. My parents were with us & they were able to get into the beds (they are 75) so it is not impossible. However, if this is an issue for you, you may want to request a handicap room or ask if they have any lower beds available.

Excellent hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank mom2010
SpringHill Suit... M, Chief Operating Officer at SpringHill Suites Canton, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Hello Mom2010

Thank you for the awesome review and wonderful feedback. I will share your comments with the entire team. Please accept our apologies for the problem you experienced with the power and the height of the bed. However, I am pleased to know that we addressed your issues immediately and to your satisfaction. We understand that problems will occur. However, we realize that it is how those issues are address that matters.

We look forward to your return!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 7 August 2014

The hotel staff were Incredibly friendly and helpful. This hotel is in a great location. The place is new and very well designed. Rooms are very spacious, any quiet. Look forward to coming back again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank John B
Hello John B,
I am delighted to know that you found our team helpful and friendly. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and and we truly look forward to your next visit.

See you soon!
Buffalo, NY
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Incredibly friendly and helpful staff. They bend over backward & then some, to make sure you have everything you need. I travel a lot, & this staff really left an impression. Very positive experience, would absolutely recommend this place. A+

• Stayed August 2014
6 Thank SteveVesey1
SpringHill Suit... M, Chief Operating Officer at SpringHill Suites Canton, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Hello SteveVesey1,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It is so refreshing to know that we have delighted our guests and presented them with the WOW factor. We appreciate having the opportunity to serve you and we will be happy to welcome you back next time you visit. Great guests like you make what we do even that much more pleasant.
Holden, Maine
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We stayed here twice this month, the hotel is amazing. We had 2 great stays and look forward to coming back again. This hotel is in a great location and there are plenty of things to do in this area. The staff was very friendly and my room was perfect.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Amy L
SpringHill Suit... M, Chief Operating Officer at SpringHill Suites Canton, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Hello AMY L.

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. I am delighted to know that you found the room to be Perfect and the staff friendly. We truly appreciate the comments and the entire team says hello! We look forward to seeing you soon.
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This place is fantastic....the whole place is new and gorgeous. Rooms are very spacious - even with five of us, we didn't feel cramped. And since I have to "work" while I'm gone, I appreciate the nice sized desk with good light that I got to work at during my stay. Microwave, Keurig, mini-fridge...it had it all. And the bathroom was beautiful! Breakfast was good - even had some good low-carb choices for me and my husband (scrambled eggs and turkey sausage/bacon plus cheese and salsa to put on the eggs - good stuff!) and waffles for the kids. Plus a genuinely friendly staff - everyone was so nice and made us feel welcome.

Room Tip: We were there during a balloon festival that was right across the street - ask for a room facing the...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank fivehokies
Hello Fivehokies,

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate the wonderful comments and we are truly delighted to know we were able to provide accommodations that not only allowed you to spend time with you family but you were also able to get some work done. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you and we hope to see you soon.
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I am a female business traveler. This is is my first time here and it was incredible. The staff is helpful, the room was spacious and clean but the best part was the outside area. I sat outside by the water feature and the fire pit reading a book. There was a television by for the news. It was very relaxing. Try this new Marriott properly, it is worth it!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank Marsha P
Hello Marsha P.

Thank you taking the time to share your experience at our SpringHill Suites. I am glad to know that our team was able to take care of you when you needed assistance. We do understand how important it is to serve our guests. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the fireworks and had a good time with your dad.
We look forward to serving you in the future.
Wayne, Michigan
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This is a brand new Hotel that opened up July of 2014. My Father and I stayed the weekend of July 18 and the 19th we had to King rooms next door to each other that over looked the Festival, I was having problems with my knee so I had called and spoke to the front desk and Tonya was very helpful, she went to an empty room to see if she could find the perfect place for my dad and I. She reserved the perfect rooms for us, we could see all the action. It was wonderful and there's a place to sit outside with a roof on top which has a large fireplace, TV's a wonderful sitting area and a waterfall. I recommend this place to anyone who will be staying in the Canton Ohio area. The Customer Service is #1

Room Tip: Our rooms where on the 4th floor and near the elevator
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank MichelleKenyon11
SpringHill Suit... M, chief Operating Officer at SpringHill Suites Canton, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Hello MichelleKenyon11,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our SpringHill Suites Canton. We are delighted to know that we were able to be of service to you and your father. We are glad you had the opportunity to enjoy the fireworks and Balloon Festival. We look forward to seeing you next year or sooner if you are in the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Canton
Home2 Suites by Hilton Canton
Fairfield Inn & Suites Canton South
Staybridge Suites Canton
Best Western Plus North Canton Inn & Suites

Been to SpringHill Suites Canton? Share your experiences!