Holiday Inn Express N. Lima
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Motel 6 North Lima(North Lima)
Davis Motel(North Lima)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsnice hotelfront deskgas stationhot itemsdown the roadthe ohio turnpikewould stay here againroom was largeconvenience storesteamersclose proximitygreat restaurant across the streetlong tripnice linensbusiness centerdonutsguest laundry
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 July 2013

From the moment I walked in the hotel stunk of cigarette smoke. I was then sent to my room which was not actually my room at all. I was greeted by a friendly gentleman in his underwear. I had to go back downstairs with all of my luggage and get it straightened out. The elevator wasn't even with the floor causing quite a struggle with the luggage cart. It almost fell over each time I was on the elevator. The door would close before I could get on causing me and/or the luggage cart to be hit with the door. The smell of smoke continues to linger into my new room which is supposed to be nonsmoking, but its seeping in from the smoke haze in the hallway and it smells as though its coming through the AC unit as well. I can't wait for this stay to be over. The only positive so far has been the shelves by the bathroom sink.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel. I recommend the Fairfield inn in Austintown.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
HIExpressNorthLima, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express N. Lima, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

I do apologize for your difficulties and I will have maintenance check the elevator as we have never had that issue reported before. Our only smoking rooms are on the third floor; so I don't know why the first floor smelled like smoke. We are all very excited to be converting to all non-smoking with our upcoming renovation. As for the room mix up, I again apologize. It may have been due to a brand new desk clerk. The entire area does sell out every night in the summer. I'm glad that you liked the bathroom shelves.

Reviewed 17 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed on the first floor, love the very high ceilings.
Everything is clean and a typical holiday in express.
The rooms need new bedding and beds.
At a rate of 70 or $80 it is
worthwhile.
The staff is just fine.
You will not be impressed and you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2013
HIExpressNorthLima, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express N. Lima, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

Thank you for your nice review. I was happy to read all of the positive comments that you wrote. Thank you for your time.

Reviewed 11 July 2013

Effortless on and off the pike.Great breakfast bar with many selections. Clean and comfortable rooms and bed was perfect for sleeping.
Room was quiet and well maintained.
Second time we have stopped here. Will plan to be back again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
HIExpressNorthLima, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express N. Lima, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2013

Thank you for the nice review. You are correct in that we are right by the turnpike and an easy place for travelers to stop. I'm glad you had a pleasant stay and will be back.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

This was a stop for us midway from Virginia to Chicago along the Ohio Turnpike. This hotel provided a very comfortable room and outstanding service. I really like the new Holiday Inn Express formula a lot. We were given bottles of water and a couple of snack bars on arrival. Our room was very clean and well maintained, including a selection of pillows labeled firm, soft, etc. This hotel is 20% powered by a solar panel array, which further impressed me.

We have tired several hotels in this area, and so far, this has been the best yet. I used Priceline bidding and got the room for about a $30 discount.

Room Tip: We were on the Turnpike side, 3rd floor and it was quiet. No room has a good view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
HIExpressNorthLima, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express N. Lima, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

I am so glad that you had a nice stay and yes we are proud of our solar power!

Reviewed 7 July 2013

We stopped in for one night on our way from the Outer Banks back to Chicago. Very convenient and nice amenities. Reasonably priced and very clean lobby. The hallway to our room smelled musty and smokey. We asked for a non-smoking room but someone had obviously smoked in it. The bathroom was nice but the floor had some damage around the toilet bowl which made it feel dated and dirty.

I'd probably look for other options the next time I'm in the area. Non-smoking room means just that and I was very disappointed with that aspect of our stay. I'm being a bit generous giving this hotel 3 stars.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
HIExpressNorthLima, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express N. Lima, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

I apologize for the smoky smell. We will be eliminating all smoking rooms with our renovation this winter which should really help the situation.