“Last Stop before PA”

Holiday Inn Express N. Lima
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in North Lima
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Nice clean room well organized for the business traveler. The desk and the TV are situated so that one can work and watch TV if desired. Nice size refrigerator that will hold larger items if needed. Electrical outlets are a little bit of a challenge for anyone with a lot of gagets requiring plugs. Large breakfast area with plenty of seating.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
HIExpressNorthLima, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express N. Lima, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Thank you for the positive review. We are well suited for the corporate traveler and I'm glad that you found us to be so. You are correct in that we are the last stop before PA at exit 232 on 76 (Ohio Turnpike).
Director of Sales
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Youngstown (N. Lima/Boardman)
10111 Market Street
North Lima, OH 44452

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Stayed on a Saturday night after visiting the "Christmas in the woods" festival. Good location within minutes of shaker in the woods. The room was clean but everything looked dated inside for a newer looking building. The indoor pool was very small, they must of used a wide angle lens when taking the pics that are posted on the website. The free breakfast was above average offering several hot items on top of your normal cold breakfast items. Overall decent for the price, but because of the tiny pool the kids will probably not want to return.

• Stayed: October 2013
HIExpressNorthLima, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express N. Lima, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

I am glad to hear that you were happy with our location, price, breakfast and cleanliness of your room. I apologize that you found our pool to be small. It is a typical size for a Holiday Inn Express. Holiday Inn full service hotels tend to have larger pools, but may not have complimentary breakfast. As for the updating, we will be renovating this winter.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

For some reason we were given a handicapped room. OK, fine. It was room number 227, and when getting off the elevator on the second floor, the signs point down the long hall - to room 225! We weren't sure if the clerk made a mistake or 227 really existed! Disconcerting hauling bags down a long hall to a room that may or may not exist!
Room was fine, until we started to hear TVs from other rooms. Then the people upstairs walked back and forth, back and forth for hours! Very loud footsteps. This went on until midnight, then started again at 6:15 am.
When I told the clerk in the morning, she said she was sorry, that the hotel needed to be renovated. Duh.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
HIExpressNorthLima, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express N. Lima, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

I apologize for the problems during your stay. We do have a room 227. Our renovation will help with the noise issue, and I'm sorry you didn't get to experience us after the renovation!
Janet

Reviewed 7 September 2013

Great half way point between DC and Chicago. Nothing fancy, but all the amenities available and working! Very comfortable. Small pool and fitness center, but very functional. Close to Millcreek metro park which is a fantastic area for runners. Steamers across the street isn't fancy either but great food and fun place. Great location right off the expressway. Great place for the location and price!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
HIExpressNorthLima, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express N. Lima, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2013

Thank you for the positive review. I'm glad that you found us to be a nice place. We will be even nicer after our remodel.

Reviewed 25 August 2013

I have been coming to this area for years on business and decided to try this location.
I won't stay here again. I have been in so many Holiday Inn Express locations over the years that I feel I am an expert on them and this one was below average for the chain.
First, the location is pretty bad for everything. I guess it is designed for people who just want to get off the interstate late at night and jump back on early the next morning. There are only a few run down restaurants and gas stations nearby, (or one new looking gas station with almost nothing in the store.) There is a biker bar and gentleman's club nearby, (As described by the locals I do business with up there), and you have to drive up to Boardman near the Mall to find any decent places so may as well stay up there.
The hotel hallways and room were dark, dank, and had a mildew (smoke?) type smell. It's a minor thing but it had to be the most depressing hallway carpet-wallpaper design I have ever encountered in a Holiday Inn express. The room was 'okay' other than it felt and smelled 'old' and the AC wouldn't work half the time. It could be as other commenters have suggested that their air handling is not very good and the smoke smell permeates the entire place.
Breakfast is the same junk they serve at all the holiday inn express locations and I don't like them anywhere and usually just grab a biscuit and meat to carry out, but I had to check back twice before they had any sausage or eggs on the buffet and it was not very crowded.
The staff I dealt with were pleasant.
Most of my reviews on TA are good ones and I stay at a lot of HIE properties if that helps with this review.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Tony D
HIExpressNorthLima, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express N. Lima, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

I'm sorry that you found us below average. Most of the issues that you mentioned will be addressed in our upcoming renovation which should be done by next summer. Hopefully, you will give us another chance then.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

It was late at night and we were looking for hotel rooms to just stay one night. Every decent hotel in the Youngstown OH area was booked. We called this place and they had a room. I didn't care about the price, I just wanted to get to sleep. What I liked about this place: Pool was nice, but small, beds were comfortable, and the breakfest was good. Our room was very large and the bed was quite comfortable. I wish they would have had a whirlpool, but that is minor. Would I stay here again? Well, there are other places which I am sure are nice but are cheaper, and if I could stay in one of those, I would.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
HIExpressNorthLima, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express N. Lima, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

Thank you for the review and I'm glad that you like our pool, beds and breakfast. Due to the extremely high demand for the entire Youngstown area especially April through October, the area rates are a little higher than other areas. We are actually one of the more reasonably rated properties (for future reference).

Reviewed 30 July 2013

From the moment I walked in the hotel stunk of cigarette smoke. I was then sent to my room which was not actually my room at all. I was greeted by a friendly gentleman in his underwear. I had to go back downstairs with all of my luggage and get it straightened out. The elevator wasn't even with the floor causing quite a struggle with the luggage cart. It almost fell over each time I was on the elevator. The door would close before I could get on causing me and/or the luggage cart to be hit with the door. The smell of smoke continues to linger into my new room which is supposed to be nonsmoking, but its seeping in from the smoke haze in the hallway and it smells as though its coming through the AC unit as well. I can't wait for this stay to be over. The only positive so far has been the shelves by the bathroom sink.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel. I recommend the Fairfield inn in Austintown.