Holiday Inn Express N. Lima
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Motel 6 North Lima(North Lima)
Davis Motel(North Lima)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsnice hotelfront deskgas stationhot itemsdown the roadthe ohio turnpikewould stay here againroom was largeconvenience storesteamersclose proximitygreat restaurant across the streetlong tripnice linensbusiness centerdonutsguest laundry
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This property is located just off the turnpike. The hotel is not easy to find, the sign in the front is difficult to see with the other signs there also. The check in was quick, the front desk staff person was very polite/friendly. As a matter of fact, all staff were very nice. There was some kind of "damp" odor in the room, but no indication of mold or anything. The general area for breakfast, was open all night, we were able to meet there for conversation with family, which was nice. It also has couches and chairs, more like a living room. The rooms were quiet and allowed for sleep. There are stores and restaurants near by.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Cheryl P
HIExpressNorthLima, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express N. Lima, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you for the positive review and the four star rating. I'm not sure what the "damp" odor was, but we are under construction right now for our renovation. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

I hated my experience here i found mouse turds in the corner of my room. The breakfast was stale and horrible and I think the Manager was smoking something in the public bathroom because it smelled like drugs. I will never return to this hotel again or Youngstown, Ohio ever again. I hope this place gets some new management or something. smdh

Room Tip: dont.. just dont
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Steve S
HIExpressNorthLima, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express N. Lima, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

I see that your stay date was September of last year and I do not think that this review is for this hotel. This definitely is incorrect about the manager. I apologize for any inconvenience that you experienced if your stay was here. We are renovating the entire property including the rooms and the public restrooms and Youngstown is a very popular place to visit. I see your other review of another place in Youngstown was also very negative, and I'm sorry that you didn't have a better time.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

We end up here when we want to get away from the kids. It's a nice place, seemed very clean. They even let us park the bike in a special place. Lima is a small town and all, but this hotel is pretty clean. Worth it in my opinion.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
HIExpressNorthLima, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express N. Lima, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Thank you for the nice review and we are glad that you found us a nice clean getaway!

Reviewed 7 January 2014

My husband and I live in Florida, but family is all in the Ohio/PA area. We stayed here last Christmas, no problems, and felt very welcomed. The price is higher than surrounding local extended-stay hotels/motels, but is convenient to our family and friends. We tend to stay 1-2 weeks at a time. This time, we stayed from 12/21/2013 until 1/1/2014.

So our price was $106 a night plus taxes/fees for 11 nights- $1350.00. From what I see, this is well above the rate most one night travelers have paid.

When we were there last year, they said they were undergoing renovation, and to expect some major improvements next year. Well,nothing had changed - not that it would have been a problem, but the room we had (the only King Suite/Disabled) had a crazy old mattress where if you sat on one corner, the opposite corner of the bed would lift about a foot. That made for a rough time for 2 people in one bed trying to sleep. But we try not to complain.

I asked about a bed-board or replacement mattress, but was told nothing was available.

Moving on, our housekeeping was minimal at best. This seems to be the major issue of this hotel from the posts I have read. We had no amenities replaced, garbage was left in the room, floors were not vacuumed, and we found dried leaves in our bed - but everything came to a head on Christmas Eve, when we returned without any toilet paper in our room.

I went down to the front desk, and they immediately provided 2 rolls, but by that time, I had had enough. I logged onto my Priority Club Account (I am a Gold member) and asked for help. Well, I understand it was the holidays, and I got the standard "Thank you, we will address your concerns" email.

I did get a follow-up email from IHG Corporate on the 29th, that the hotel had been notified of our concerns. I do need to say that the hotel found a "newer" mattress on 12/26, which helped us sleep much better. And the housekeeping supervisor began to double-check our room each day. But it still bothers me that NO ONE from the management team at the hotel ever tried to reach us, nor was there any credit given on our room rate during the days we asked for assistance, which we could not get. So we were stuck into a guaranteed, pre-paid rate (non-refundable), and they never provided us any concession. So it was a $1300 mistake.

The one shining star though all this was Dolly, who manages the morning breakfast. Dolly, you are great!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
HIExpressNorthLima, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express N. Lima, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Thank you for the compliment on Dolly in spite of the issues that you encountered during your stay. As for the prepaid rate, I always caution guests when booking prepaid especially through third parties, in that we cannot change the rate. Your rate was for a suite, which may have made it seem higher (suites usually are higher priced than standards). We are doing a major renovation soon. As for the housekeeping issues, I will definitely follow up with the Head Housekeeper on those. I also apologize that management never responded. All I can say at this point, is I am sorry for your issues and if you want to come back next Christmas, we will hopefully be renovated and before you book a prepaid rate, please call the hotel and book the regular full price non prepaid rate and then call the hotel back and ask the staff member to check your profile note. I am noting your profile in our system of this and again I apologize. We do appreciate loyal guests and if you stay somewhere else next year, I understand that too.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

We stopped at the Holiday Inn in North Lima, Ohio on our way back from visiting family in Chicago, the Saturday night after Christmas. We picked up a hotel coupon guide on the Ohio Turnpike and chose Holiday Inn before entering Pennsylvania on Interstate 76. We always find Holiday Inn very clean and love the great breakfast the next morning. We found the hotel clean, beds very comfortable, and breakfast very good. Thanks to the ladies that keep the breakfast bar clean and hot. Its nice to have a hot meal before leaving the hotel. Also, thanks for the bottles of water and snacks at the front desk upon entering the hotel. Thanks Holiday Inn for another great visit.

Room Tip: We asked for a first floor room and the front desk was very accommodating. Breakfast room was right down the hall.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
HIExpressNorthLima, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express N. Lima, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2014

Thank you very much for the great review of the hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We are glad to be of service. I will pass along your compliments to the Breakfast Bar Hostesses. I am glad that you took advantage of our new ad campaign with the Market America coupon booklets in the nearby Turnpike Travel Plazas.
Director of Sales
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Youngstown (N. Lima/Boardman)
10111 Market Street