“My third Extended Stay, stay in Cleveland”

Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Great Northern Mall
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in North Olmsted
Reviewed 6 November 2013

This is my third time this year to stay at a Extended stay hotel in the Cleveland area. Each time I was forced to stay at a different hotel as open rooms were scarce each time I had to reserve a room. This current hotel is the smallest of the 3 but the room is nice and the rate is alright too. Not many inhabitants of this hotel speak English, this could be why this hotel is cheaper than the previous 2 hotels I stayed at. This hotel met all my expectations as I got the floor I requested at the rate posted on the website. Loads of shopping and eating paces to pick from very close to the hotel.

Room Tip: Any room should be quiet!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Great Northern Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Steve - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you continue to stay at one of our hotels while you are in the Cleveland area. I am also happy to read that we have met all of your expectations, even if you could not stay at your preferred hotel. As well, I am glad that you like all of our locations and accommodations.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

First the good: The room had all the bells and whistles promised, it was clean and quiet and the room was ready for us when we arrived.

Now the bad: The hotel had uncollected trash bags in the hall. The the recliner in room did not recline. All the fixtures and appliances in the kichen, bath and main room were low end "construction grade," even if they worked. The take and go breakfast was nothing to write home about.

We will probably stay elsewhere next time.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank 12Traveler_12169
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Great Northern Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you found the the cleanliness and comfort of your guest room to your standards; however, I am very sorry that you our appliances were not functioning properly. To uphold our company's high standards, we will be making sure that all of the appliances are turned on to make sure they work during the inspection of the room.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please contact me, at cno@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 10 July 2013

Check in staff were rude and indifferent to our needs. No Ice machine. Minimal tv channels. Noisy parking lot at night. Way over priced. I'll drive an extra 10 minutes not to stay here again. Stayed in two other motels on our vacation to this area. They were $30-$40 cheaper and had many more amenities.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jeham56
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Great Northern Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The service and overall stay you described is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. I was disheartened to hear that the GSR was rude to you. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have spoken to the entire staff about the importance of providing great customer service and am going to coach them on different ways to do this in the future. As well, the staff is going to be spot checking the parking lot for disturbances and offering additional ice trays to our guests moving forward.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at cno@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 7 June 2013 via mobile

If you have to have a kitchen or need to bring your pet...then stay...otherwise don't expect much...rooms are rough...staff and guests the same...you get what you pay for and less.
This place is not staffed 24 hours...gets a bit crazy at night...my car was vandalized mgt shrugged it off...guest was bbq in the bed of their truck right at the front door...lots more but hopefully this helps you decide if this value is for you.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank 2906charlie
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Great Northern Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2013

Charlie - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so disappointed that you found our accommodations to be unclean and our staff did not attend to your needs properly. Please accept my apology. In the future, should you have any issues, please let a staff member know so we can correct them. Staff is available at the front desk from 7am - 11pm and then by phone in the lobby throughout the rest of the night.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly, at cno@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Needed a 3 night stay for family business. This place did the job but we may not go back simply because the beds are queen and we like a king. (our service dogs sleeps with us) We were on the second floor - all non-smoking which was a must - and our suite was spacious, clean, and comfortable. Bring your own toiletries or you have to request them from the front desk which is not always open. All extras - towels, toiletries, hairdryer, are available but not given. (sheets are on bed but not changed, ect.) It is actually a good idea and a way to keep the price as low as it is. The hotel is close to many restaurants (across from a mall, too) which you need because the grab-n-go breakfast is just coffee and granola bars and fruit. But you have a full size kitchen, so just bring your own food and drinks. 2 sets of dishes are there, so bring paper plates and cups if you don't want to wash dishes. (they give you single -use dish soap on request) So if you want a clean place with no frills and some of your own add-ons, this is it!

Room Tip: They put us in a smoking room first - gross smelling and smaller. Get the 2nd floor. Also, there are...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank piperann3
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Great Northern Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write such great review. It's so wonderful to hear that you found our hotel to be a great place to stay overall and the location to be convenient . I do apologize that you were initially place in a smoking room, but I am glad we were able to move you into a non-smoking room, which made your stay more enjoyable.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 24 April 2013

Upsides: Queen room with pull out was quite large. Full kitchen with oven and dishwasher. Excellent location and very friendly staff. Comfortable bed. Decent size (42"?) flat-screen.
Downsides (all minor): Low shower head (5'8 ish), gap around door let some light in, still running analog reception on digital TV. There is an undisclosed (at least I didn't see it) upcharge for 'premium broadband' (~2-3 Mbps) vs 'basic broadband' (?? bps). Charge was $15 a week, so not terrible, just a surprise. Went with it right away since I needed VPN access for work - didn't return to a different chain down the street due to internet speed/quality there so overall I was happy.
Will most likely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Great Northern Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2013

Eric - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you found our hotel comfortable. I am also glad to read you will likely return. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 11 March 2013

This hotel is underrated. The rooms are comfortable, they are roomy and well thought out in design. It's close to shopping and any type of restaurant that you are looking for. It's about a 15 minute drive to downtown Cleveland, and is very accessible to the freeways. All the rooms are furnished with a full service kitchen, and a very comfortable bed.

Room Tip: all the rooms are good. There isn't much noise because they have good soundproofing..
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Debbie L
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Great Northern Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2013

Debbie L
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a kind review. I'm thrilled that you find our hotel to be comfortable and our location convenient. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!