“Front desk!”

Candlewood Suites Cleveland North Olmstead
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in North Olmsted
“Front desk!”
Reviewed 30 January 2014

The whole place was amazing! Very Beautiful ! Great quality ! Affordable ! The people at the front desk were very helpful and understanding. The room was absolutely glorious! Spacious closets and bathroom plenty of room for all of our luggage

• Stayed January 2014
Northolmsted, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Cleveland North Olmstead, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate the kind words you had for the property and our staff.

The Candlewood Suites Cleveland Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Ljubljana, Slovenia
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I arrived in the middle of a heavy rain shower. It's too bad the property doesn't have a roof to pull under and unload your bags in such weather. Check-in was nice and efficient, however the assigned room had a connecting door-which I hate. So I went back and asked for a different room, they gave me one without any problems and then later in the evening even double-checked the new room was ok for me.
Indeed it was, it was rather new and very clean. There's a Walmart Supercenter just across the street which is convenient if you want to buy some food. Which is exactly what I did and prepared myself a decent dinner in suite. All the kitchen utensils were there, nothing missing.
The only thing that bothered me was the uncomfortable mattress. I know this is usually a personal preference, but I am not very picky and usually sleep soundly on any mattress. However this one really didn't feel comfortable, as if it was too soft, and produces squeeky noises if you turned around.
All in all a nice property for a reasonable rate.

Room Tip: Usually I ask for top-floor rooms, but top floor is all smoking in this property.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for the 4 star review. We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again in the future.

The Candewood Suites Cleveland Staff
Trapped in Maryland
Reviewed 30 December 2013

The room in the Candlewood North Olmsted looks newly renovated with fresh carpet, modern kitchen cabinets, and a sleek bathroom countertop and tile floor. The room layout and small size are standard Candlewood.

Some parts of the room were dusty when I checked in. My pet peeve is when the shower drain is partially clogged so that the water drains too slowly. To me, it says that the bathroom is not well cleaned... otherwise the slow drain would be noticed by housekeeping staff. A slow drain was the case here. I removed the tub stopper and cleaned out the huge wad of hair myself.

The location is good for a long stay. There is a good Wal Mart right across the parking lot (can walk easily). The Great Northern Mall is on the other side of the main street. The hotel sits right near an exit from I-480.

I like this property better than previous Candlewoods that I have been in. I would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Northolmsted, Manager at Candlewood Suites Cleveland North Olmstead, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Hello,
I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property. It seems that your really enjoyed the hotel except for a few things. We appreciate you bringing them to our attention. We will make sure to speak with our housekeeping staff to make sure the things you mentioned are taken care of on a daily basis.
Thank you again for staying with us. Hopefully we will see you again in the future.

Metamora, Michigan
Reviewed 18 December 2013

This hotel is in a nice location and was very clean. The fitness center was equipped with very new and up to date cardo and strength training equipment. The room had a nice work desk and the only negitive was the recliner chair was not fit for a yard sale. A collection of DVD's are free to use is a nice perk but no other bling.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Northolmsted, Manager at Candlewood Suites Cleveland North Olmstead, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about Candlewood Suites Cleveland. It looks like you really enjoyed your stay. Hopefully you will stay with us again when you visit Cleveland.
Have a safe and happy holiday season.

Painesville, Ohio
Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

The hotel is nice and clean. The public areas seem out dated. The actual hotel room is worn but clean. We are having a comfortable stay. The staff is very friendly. The hotel location is great, there is any type of shopping and restaurants you could imagine within a few mikes. One bit of caution, the parking lot could of been cleared better of the snow and ice. All in all I would recommend this hotel for the price. My main concern is that it is clean and this suite is clean and well stocked.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Northolmsted, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Cleveland North Olmstead, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Thank you for the 4 star review.
Norton Shores, Michigan
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I selected this hotel for our stay in North Olmsted due to the location in relation to the mall and price. When you walk in to the lobby you can tell that the hotel has recently been updated and everything was quite stylish. The room is also very impressive when you walk in, you really have everything you would need to live and cook there for longer than just a night and it was immaculately clean. My husband loved that there was a recliner in our room, but the tv was a bit small and far from the bed for our liking. There were also limited channels and no "on demand" availability, although the front desk offers CD, DVD and VHS rentals, nothing that was too new though. We enjoyed a very restful sleep and had absolutely zero issues with the hotel allowing dogs to stay, I think it is great that they do so.

I did not give them an "excellent" rating because there is no pool, no breakfast (although you can buy it there, or there is a great bagel bakery down the road a bit), there is no one working the front desk from 11pm-7am, plowing of the parking lot could have been better, and I didn't receive the email confirmation they said I would when I booked.

*I should note that for some reason our GPS did NOT take us to the correct place when we typed in Candlewood Suites address but when we called the employee was very helpful in getting us there despite not knowing the area at all!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Michelle,
Thank you for the fantastic review. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Apex, North Carolina
Reviewed 30 November 2013

We stayed 2 nights. The room was a suite with a door to the bedroom and everything needed in the kitchen (including a dishwasher). Room was clean and fairly new; staff was friendly. Also was mostly quiet for our stay. We needed to do a load of laundry, and the laundry room was adjacent to the exercise room. Both had great facilities. And the price was the best part! Would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Northolmsted, Manager at Candlewood Suites Cleveland North Olmstead, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Hello,
We just wanted to reach out and thank you for the great review. We are happy to hear that you had a chance to take advantage of the kitchen and free laundry facilities. Hopefully we ill see you again in the near future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Olmsted
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland Airport West
Hampton Inn North Olmsted Cleveland Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Airport
Radisson Hotel Cleveland Airport West
Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Great Northern Mall
Courtyard Cleveland Airport North

Been to Candlewood Suites Cleveland North Olmstead? Share your experiences!